News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Repainted Favorite Co. Allosaurus W.I.P.

Started by earth108, October 30, 2015, 07:03:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyto_Theropod

Amazing as usual! You've turned a rather mediocre model into something really beautiful and packed with character, and for that I admire you no end.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

ITdactyl

Hi avatar_earth108 @earth108 , I know this is an old post but I'm curious if you're aware that Araki-san praised this project on Facebook.

Here's the text from his post (context translated from the original Japanese, dated August 2017), pertaining to this entire thread.

QuoteFrom an overseas site, here's a repainted Allosaurus from the Favorite soft model series for which I created the prototype. (The first image is the original paintjob)
It became so cool! I am impressed!
Whether it is a plastic model or a garage kit, the paint job will make it unique.
Let's follow the work of this artist.
<link to dinotoyforum thread: Repainted Favorite Co. Allosaurus W.I.P.>

earth108

avatar_ITdactyl @ITdactyl, I never knew that Araki-San had seen my work and put it on his FB  :o

Thank you for let me know this. Infact, I'm about to have an operation on cancer in my colon now This news really cheer me up. Unfortunately, I have to cease my painting to recover my health. Gotta go! See ya guys! :)

ITdactyl

Your work deserves the recognition.
I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Brocc21

Hope everything goes okay with the operation  :)
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

BRONSON

Turned from a nice toy to a superb statue, well impressed.

Georassic

Doug Watson

Beautiful job and best of luck with the operation and let's hope for a speedy recovery!

ceratopsian

All best wishes for a successful operation.

Halichoeres

Let me add to the chorus of well wishes as you confront your illness!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Jose S.M.

I wish you the best and hope everything goes perfect in the operation and in the recovery.

Shonisaurus

Best wishes earth108 and I hope that soon recover from the operation and your health problem you know where you have a visualizer of your collection, certainly magnificent and well organized. Cheer up! everything will be fine

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.