News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA New for 2016

Started by Everything_Dinosaur, November 06, 2015, 07:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

So I learned by visiting the facebook page and selling dinosaur Mike and everythingdinosaur.co.uk. The mercurioceratops are available, metriaconthosaurus, beishanlong, young tyrannosaurus tyrannosaurus corpse and hunting. They also sell the famous deluxe Torvosaurus thing that fills me with puzzlement as it was planned for after the summer. Therefore no longer good news for forum members.

Everything_Dinosaur

Yes, you are right, the Mercuriceratops, Metriacanthosaurus, Hunting T. rex and the T. rex Corpse arrived at www.everythingdinosaur.com this afternoon (please note although we do own the domain name www.everythingdinosaur.co.uk, we are actually a dotcom).  We also received stocks of the 1:40 Torvosaurus and the delightful 1:40 Beishanlong.  Production schedules at Collecta have been altered, more production was able to be made prior to the Chinese New Year and this permitted more models to be made.  We are not sure when the other new models for 2016 will be available, we have been advised perhaps May/June.

Here is the link to the Prehistoric Life (not to scale section): Not to Scale CollectA

Here is a link to the CollectA Deluxe: CollectA Deluxe Torvosaurus/Beishanlong et al

We have also put up some more pics of the new models on our social media pages including Facebook.

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Dilopho on March 13, 2016, 05:37:20 PM
Quote from: alexeratops on March 10, 2016, 11:04:30 PM
Bit off topic, but also from that website, I found this picture.  ;D

WATER: IT'S WET

Ocean: Its deep...
I am the Dinosaur King!

PaleoMatt

Sim

Shonisaurus

I pass the second part of prehistoric news from Collecta. The Andrewsarhus is huge.

Link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAOnLMLRsK4

suspsy

As Fry would say, "Shut up and take my money!"

Although that Minizoo reviewer needs to read up on Andrewsarchus some more. The blunt hooves on its feet are in keeping with its artiodactyl lineage.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Patrx

I'm definitely sold on the new Deinoncheirus and the Thlassomedon! But, is it me, or do the Mercuriceratops' legs look sort of fused to the sides of its body?

Sim

Thanks for sharing the video, Shonisaurus.

I'm in favour of figures having a cloaca if they aren't done in an off-putting way.  I've been finding CollectA's cloacae very off-putting.  I'm not sure why they keep covering them in a darker colour, since photos of the cloaca of birds, crocodiles, turtles, snakes and lizards show they have cloacae that aren't like that.  As I thought would happen, I won't be getting the Thalassomedon because of how its cloaca has been done.  The only other 2016 CollectA figure I was interested in is the Struthiomimus but it's probably permanently attached to its base meaning I won't get it either.  They are both nice figures though.  It looks like the CollectA Struthiomimus had its snout/beak changed, as can be seen by pausing the video at 0:37 and comparing it to the pre-release photo in the first post of this thread.

Shonisaurus

To me the two ones I like are the andrewsarchus understand that far exceeds that of Bullyland (which looked like the wolf story). Although regarding Safari I think is nothing great though more proportionate figure.

Doug Watson figures also makes very good.

The Deinocheirus is another outstanding figure (and no longer based on speculation). On the other lythronax part is a bit weak figure.

The Torvosaurus although it is a speculative figure in this case (based on your family megalosaurus) is a good job from my humble point of view, I do not like is your mobile jaw, against the majority opinion of the forum.

Mercuriceratops other figures, especially lythronax Struthiomimus and my view is that they are weak relative to other figures of Collecta.

Moreover, the thalassomedon is in a neutral position is quite nice, although not outstanding in my view.

Collecta all forms year after year improving their work.

What disgusts me is that his figures have been removed from the pupils especially in the case of the prehistoric mammal.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Patrx on April 08, 2016, 04:42:10 PM
I'm definitely sold on the new Deinoncheirus and the Thlassomedon! But, is it me, or do the Mercuriceratops' legs look sort of fused to the sides of its body?

They should be! This always annoys me in paleoart. Modern, upright animals with the hip socket near the top of the spine never have "leg pits" -- the legs are always fused to the side of the body to the point you usually can't make out the thigh very well. Note that this doesn't limit flexibility, the femur simply moves back and forth inside the body wall under the skin. Frederik Spindler does a good job of depicting dinosaurs this way.
http://www.frederik-spindler.de/paleo-art-scientific-illustration/dinosaurs.html

The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

MiniZoo

Quote from: suspsy on April 08, 2016, 04:23:00 PM

Although that Minizoo reviewer needs to read up on Andrewsarchus some more. The blunt hooves on its feet are in keeping with its artiodactyl lineage.

Point noted, we don't mind being corrected! .. It just seemed odd to us not have the claws to match those teeth! Hope you enjoyed the video though all the same  :)

suspsy

Quote from: MiniZoo on April 09, 2016, 01:49:43 PM
Quote from: suspsy on April 08, 2016, 04:23:00 PM

Point noted, we don't mind being corrected! .. It just seemed odd to us not have the claws to match those teeth! Hope you enjoyed the video though all the same  :)

I did indeed! Andrewsarchus is a weird animal to be sure. Before it was reclassified as an artiodactyl, it was thought to be a mesonychid, which is how it was portrayed in Walking With Prehistoric Beasts. But either way, it would have had short, blunt hooves on its toes instead of claws.

Have to say too, I'm a little disappointed that CollectA's version is yet another a male. They need to start making female megafauna!

Shonisaurus

Forum members, diving for Internet page collectables jurassic have discovered this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBnoyr6d-Nk

I hope you like it, otherwise the andrewsarchus is gigantic.

Patrx

Neat! I'm definitely on board for the Thalassomedon and the Deinocheirus. Very cool to see them in better detail.

I'm not sure this particular reviewer knows what he's talking about, though:"It's like the missing link between fish and plesiosaurs."
...What?  ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Patrx on May 04, 2016, 04:19:38 PM
Neat! I'm definitely on board for the Thalassomedon and the Deinocheirus. Very cool to see them in better detail.

I'm not sure this particular reviewer knows what he's talking about, though:"It's like the missing link between fish and plesiosaurs."
...What?  ;D

They look awesome!

I think he meant the tail fluke, it looked like a fish tail to him I guess so he took fish tail + normal plesiosaur = Thalassomedon   lol

suspsy

I'm really excited about the Andrewsarchus. My only beef with CollectA's prehistoric mammals is that they don't make enough of them! If they're going to continue releasing around a dozen new toys each year, it'd be wonderful if 1/3 of them were non-dinosaurs. There's lots of extinct birds and reptiles from the Cenozoic that have never been made yet.

terrorchicken

^yes, I notice that the majority of their prehistoric mammals are in the deluxe size, they could try releasing a couple in a standard size along with the deluxe releases. The standard size would be great for smaller mammals like early horses and early relatives of carnivores/other ungulates.

suspsy

Quote from: terrorchicken on May 05, 2016, 05:34:52 PM
^yes, I notice that the majority of their prehistoric mammals are in the deluxe size, they could try releasing a couple in a standard size along with the deluxe releases. The standard size would be great for smaller mammals like early horses and early relatives of carnivores/other ungulates.

That's a great idea! Early horses would be especially wonderful, what with CollectA's expertise in making ungulates, but so would primitive cetaceans like Ambulocetus and Pakicetus.

Also, a dire wolf and a pygmy mammoth.

John

Seeing the final models all angles in these videos,I have to say that the ones that stand out to me the most are the 2016 version of Deinocheirus and the Struthiomimus. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: