News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA New for 2016

Started by Everything_Dinosaur, November 06, 2015, 07:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Well, this is terrible news for Americans. What the hell?

http://www.dejankins.com/collecta-standard/

Quote"Some potential BAD news for collectors - according to the Director of Sales Operations for the US Importer for CollectA figures, they will NOT be receiving new 2016 items in. They have only 2015 and earlier items in stock. No further explanation was available. I was also told that the Canadian importer for CollectA figures is no longer "representing the CollectA line". And with those two statements, we find that, as happened with Bullyland, North America is left without an importer or distributor of CollectA merchandise. So, resellers of CollectA items who want the 2016 figures for their customers will have to find sources overseas. This will add significant time (and most likely cost due to shipping) to getting 2016 CollectA pieces into collectors hands. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, and sadly, this is the only information I have on this topic."

Again, what the hell?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Flaffy

Welp... That happened... Welcome to the international buyer's life, where shipping is half the price of the product or even more... yay :'(...

Shonisaurus

Quote from: suspsy on July 01, 2016, 03:44:47 AM
Well, this is terrible news for Americans. What the hell?

http://www.dejankins.com/collecta-standard/

Quote"Some potential BAD news for collectors - according to the Director of Sales Operations for the US Importer for CollectA figures, they will NOT be receiving new 2016 items in. They have only 2015 and earlier items in stock. No further explanation was available. I was also told that the Canadian importer for CollectA figures is no longer "representing the CollectA line". And with those two statements, we find that, as happened with Bullyland, North America is left without an importer or distributor of CollectA merchandise. So, resellers of CollectA items who want the 2016 figures for their customers will have to find sources overseas. This will add significant time (and most likely cost due to shipping) to getting 2016 CollectA pieces into collectors hands. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, and sadly, this is the only information I have on this topic."

Again, what the hell?

I get the impression that this will happen with other distributors in the world, unfortunately. At the end we will have to buy Collecta figures in online stores.

Honestly I'm very bad feeling. If America will not have distributors ... my opinion that in rest of the world can spend the same.

This year brought my nation distributor figures Collecta (and only some) very late (about ten days ago). I would not surprise me that eventually cease to perform those figures, and I fear it is not because of distribution issues but extra commercial nature that has nothing to do with the debate on the forum.

Concavenator

Are the new CollectAs in Spain already,Shonisaurus?If so,are you refering to the first or second wave?

Blade-of-the-Moon

it sucks to be sure..i'll just cut back more on what I buy from them.

terrorchicken

noooo! They were one of my favorite companies for dinosaurs and I was just starting to collect their antelopes! Very sad news. :(

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Concavenator on June 23, 2016, 03:53:45 PM
Has anyone gotten the new CollectAs already?If so,are there any pics available?  :-[
Concavenator in the Museum Shop of Natural Sciences in Madrid, are already available, the Torvosaurus, tyrannosaurus hunter, tyrannosaurus corpse, metriacontosaurus, mercuriceratops and lythronax. What surprises me the lythronax is available in the Museum shop and not the beishanlong.

Lythronax belonged to the second wave, but is available as I said. The second part of Collecta dinosaurs as I have said will be available in the Museum Shop of Natural Sciences in Madrid in November. So we'll have to wait those who are customers of the company, if we do not buy from an online store before.

John

"Some potential BAD news for collectors - according to the Director of Sales Operations for the US Importer for CollectA figures, they will NOT be receiving new 2016 items in. They have only 2015 and earlier items in stock. No further explanation was available. I was also told that the Canadian importer for CollectA figures is no longer "representing the CollectA line". And with those two statements, we find that, as happened with Bullyland, North America is left without an importer or distributor of CollectA merchandise. So, resellers of CollectA items who want the 2016 figures for their customers will have to find sources overseas. This will add significant time (and most likely cost due to shipping) to getting 2016 CollectA pieces into collectors hands. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, and sadly, this is the only information I have on this topic."
As poor as the distribution has always been for that line here in the U.S.,we'll hardly notice the difference!
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Jose S.M.

Quote from: John on July 01, 2016, 09:44:48 PM
"Some potential BAD news for collectors - according to the Director of Sales Operations for the US Importer for CollectA figures, they will NOT be receiving new 2016 items in. They have only 2015 and earlier items in stock. No further explanation was available. I was also told that the Canadian importer for CollectA figures is no longer "representing the CollectA line". And with those two statements, we find that, as happened with Bullyland, North America is left without an importer or distributor of CollectA merchandise. So, resellers of CollectA items who want the 2016 figures for their customers will have to find sources overseas. This will add significant time (and most likely cost due to shipping) to getting 2016 CollectA pieces into collectors hands. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, and sadly, this is the only information I have on this topic."

I only can buy figures online, mostly Amazon, and I have been wondering when the new 2016 were going to be available, I don't know if the lack of them has to do with this. I want the T-rex, Ornithomimus, Beishanlog, Lythronax and Mercuriceratops :(

John

Over on the STS forum,they say that it looks like the CollectA distributor in India has closed shop too,so if true that makes three distributors down...I hate it say this and I hope I'm wrong but it doesn't look too good for the future of CollectA.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Brontozaurus

I feel like this is the situation in Australia too. The last new collectas I saw in stores were the initial 2015 releases. Nothing newer has appeared. I've seen collecta stands shrinking in the two shops I used to get them from.

Minizoo's been saving my life, thankfully, but I'm going to miss seeing new collecta toys in the wild.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Flaffy

Quote from: Brontozaurus on July 04, 2016, 10:20:49 AM
I feel like this is the situation in Australia too. The last new collectas I saw in stores were the initial 2015 releases. Nothing newer has appeared. I've seen collecta stands shrinking in the two shops I used to get them from.

Minizoo's been saving my life, thankfully, but I'm going to miss seeing new collecta toys in the wild.
Well that's basically everyday life for me in HongKong... No new CollectAs, ever. The last shop that sold CollectAs close to where I lived in closed. So basically all of my local supplies of CollectAs (or dino figures) are gone, I can only resort to online shops and ebay, and by god I hate paying for expensive shipping.   :P

Everything_Dinosaur

On the bright side with the collapse of sterling the prices for CollectA at Everything Dinosaur are cheaper than ever - and we subsidise postage too.

Check out the CollectA "Prehistoric Life" range here]

If you want to contact a team member to discuss your collection: Contact Everything Dinosaur

Hope this helps.

Roselaar

Yikes, that's a real shame about Collecta. Hopefully they're not in danger of going busted. If there's one company that deserves a long and fruitful life, it's this one.

So far Western Europe seems to be spared this fate in terms of Collecta availability. If needs be, me and other European collectors can help our fellow enthusiasts overseas.

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Roselaar on July 04, 2016, 03:22:14 PM
So far Western Europe seems to be spared this fate in terms of Collecta availability. If needs be, me and other European collectors can help our fellow enthusiasts overseas.

I know it's a shame,  they have been improving and making very good figures lately.  And thanks so much for offering to your help. 

Bokisaurus

That's not good news at all. I do hope that CollectA can figure out all their distributer problems soon.

Jose S.M.

I send them a message on their facebook page, they just told "Thanks for your support. We will have a new planning for 2017". I hope thet can come out with something too

Halichoeres

Well, guess the best way to entice a new distributor to undertake their offerings is to buy them from wherever they can be found. I'll be placing my order soon, thanks ED.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Georassic

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on July 04, 2016, 11:43:58 AM
On the bright side with the collapse of sterling the prices for CollectA at Everything Dinosaur are cheaper than ever - and we subsidise postage too.

If you want to contact a team member to discuss your collection: Contact Everything Dinosaur

Hope this helps.

I took advantage of this. Great prices indeed! Thanks for pointing it out, ED!

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on July 04, 2016, 11:43:58 AM

Hope this helps.

To me there's no advantage, as my money has loosed value too.  :'(
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: