News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA New for 2016

Started by Everything_Dinosaur, November 06, 2015, 07:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kovu

Quote from: suspsy on May 05, 2016, 09:22:37 PM
Quote from: terrorchicken on May 05, 2016, 05:34:52 PM
^yes, I notice that the majority of their prehistoric mammals are in the deluxe size, they could try releasing a couple in a standard size along with the deluxe releases. The standard size would be great for smaller mammals like early horses and early relatives of carnivores/other ungulates.

That's a great idea! Early horses would be especially wonderful, what with CollectA's expertise in making ungulates, but so would primitive cetaceans like Ambulocetus and Pakicetus.

Also, a dire wolf and a pygmy mammoth.

I wonder if any early horses they did would be sculpted by their prehistoric sculptor or their equine sculptor, Deborah McDermott? She's insanely talented, especially her resin work.

terrorchicken

She should do a line of prehistoric/extinct horses to go with the Przewalski horse figure.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Patrx on May 04, 2016, 04:19:38 PM
Neat! I'm definitely on board for the Thalassomedon and the Deinocheirus. Very cool to see them in better detail.

I'm not sure this particular reviewer knows what he's talking about, though:"It's like the missing link between fish and plesiosaurs."
...What?  ;D

Yeah, I caught that as well. He usually seems to know what he is talking about. He must have had a rough day and did the video sleep deprived or something  :))

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Anybody know the approximate scale of the Lythronax figure? I might get it if it doesn't look out of place with my 1:40 models. I'm definitely getting the Deinocheirus, so that roughly my range scalewise.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on May 20, 2016, 04:39:46 AM
Anybody know the approximate scale of the Lythronax figure? I might get it if it doesn't look out of place with my 1:40 models. I'm definitely getting the Deinocheirus, so that roughly my range scalewise.

I'm not sure anyone has it in hand yet, but I'd say by eyeballing the group shots it's probably pretty close to 1:40 (±15%).
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 20, 2016, 06:24:07 AM

I'm not sure anyone has it in hand yet, but I'd say by eyeballing the group shots it's probably pretty close to 1:40 (±15%).

Ok, so I'm not mistaken in thinking that most of these figures are relatively close to 1:40, even if some might be slightly larger (Beishanlong) or smaller (Deinocheirus).

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on May 20, 2016, 03:40:35 PM

Ok, so I'm not mistaken in thinking that most of these figures are relatively close to 1:40, even if some might be slightly larger (Beishanlong) or smaller (Deinocheirus).

I also mainly collect 1:40, and the Deinocheirus looks like its within the known size range. Could easily be B in this figure, which would then definitely have the right sail proportions if the sail changed with age.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Halichoeres

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on May 20, 2016, 03:40:35 PM

The Beishanlong is the biggest exception, I think--I think it's more like 1:20.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on May 21, 2016, 04:25:37 PM
I also mainly collect 1:40, and the Deinocheirus looks like its within the known size range. Could easily be B in this figure, which would then definitely have the right sail proportions if the sail changed with age.

Thanks, that's very helpful!

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 21, 2016, 05:29:57 PM
The Beishanlong is the biggest exception, I think--I think it's more like 1:20.

I see. Yeah, it seemed way too big. Too bad! It's a very pretty model though. It might even tempt me to go outside my size preferences...

Concavenator

When is the rest of new CollectAs being released?Shouldn't it be sometime this month?

Flaffy

Deinocheirus... Can't wait to get my hands on that beauty!  ;D

Concavenator

The new wave of CollectAs (Wave 2 ) has been released already in some places,including the Deinocheirus and Thalassomedon.

Flaffy

Quote from: Concavenator on June 13, 2016, 07:52:29 PM
The new wave of CollectAs (Wave 2 ) has been released already in some places,including the Deinocheirus and Thalassomedon.
Thanks for the info!  ;D (drools over deinocherius) I hope ED will have them in stock soon. :))

MiniZoo

Quote from: Concavenator on June 08, 2016, 07:21:23 AM
When is the rest of new CollectAs being released?Shouldn't it be sometime this month?

All 2016 CollectA figurines now available at MiniZoo!

CollectA's mini dinosaur range are also in stock and will be uploaded onto our website in the next 24hrs  :D

Brontozaurus

*eagerly orders Duck Satan Deinocheirus*
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

suspsy

Wonderful news! Can't wait to get the Beishanlong!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Concavenator

Has anyone gotten the new CollectAs already?If so,are there any pics available?  :-[

Mo_the_Triceratops_King

Yeah we need pics, but i dont know whats with all that mini dinosarus. I really dont need a smaller versions of my dinos. Make something new.

CityRaptor

Minis are generally pretty popular. The masters of minis are of course the Japanese, but western companies also make some nice ones.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

suspsy

I find the minis very charming. Travel-sized versions of my favourite dinosaurs! I already reviewed Tube A and I'll eventually get Tube B and review it if no one else beats me to it.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: