News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

How these figures look together? [Comparison Thread]

Started by kreativtek, November 22, 2015, 07:46:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Die_Maulquappe

I really recommend this Edu Toys T. Rex 91cm Skeleton for only 48 Euro!!!
Incredible buildquality. Durable, sturdy,detailed, easy to build... the aluminium staff in the middle was bend by me for a dynamic pose.

The skull of the sideshow rex is 10cm ( so 1:15 scale)
The Skeleton Skull is 12cm

NEW: Eofauna palaeoloxodon

Apatosaurus as possible Argentinosaurus size 1:35/32 scale PNSO figures
plus Eofauna palaeoloxodon as a 4,2m shoulder hight Elephant and 1.75m human ( Its a little bit to small -i will replace it with the 54mm Pegasus Homo Neanderthalis)

Videos of my statues, figures and dioramas here:
TITANS_of_the_EARTH
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2QYASMKvj9McImqRk1MhCA

Killekor

avatar_Die_Maulquappe @MiezeMatze are you sure that this is the right thread where to post this?
Amazing skeleton, though!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Die_Maulquappe

Hi

I recommend it AND show *how theses figures look together*
The Sideshow T.rex and the T.rex skeleton. So I think-yes.
TITANS_of_the_EARTH

Bokisaurus

Here you go prehistoric fish fans, the Mojo Dunkleosteus. It's really is a surprisingly nice figure.
[]

Shonisaurus

Nice "herd" of dunkleosteus, by the way the smallest of all I do not know what brand it belongs to. Fortunately the dunkleosteus is one of the figures of prehistoric fish together with the most overvalued coelacanth in the market of collecting and even of the toy (Recur).

mgaguilar

B @Bokisaurus Thank you for posting the school of Dunkleosteus! This might have to be the next species that I collect. Absolutely in love with how different the color scheme of the Mojo version is.
And glad the color representations are accurate this year!

Does anyone know which of the representations are the most accurate of the bunch? They seem to vary pretty wildly.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: mgaguilar on May 12, 2019, 06:23:28 PM

Does anyone know which of the representations are the most accurate of the bunch? They seem to vary pretty wildly.

" Mainly the armoured frontal sections of specimens have been fossilized, and consequently the appearance of the other portions of the fish is mostly unknown. In fact, only about 5% of Dunkleosteus specimens have more than a quarter of their skeleton preserved. Because of this, many reconstructions of the hindquarters are often based on smaller arthrodires, such as Coccosteus, which had preserved hind sections. However, an exceptionally preserved specimen of D. terrelli preserves ceratotrichia in a pectoral fin, implying that the fin morphology of placoderms was much more variable than previously thought, and was heavily influenced by locomotory requirements. This knowledge, coupled with the knowledge that fish morphology is more heavily influenced by feeding niche than phylogeny, allowed a 2017 study to infer the body shape of D. terrelli. This new reconstruction gives D. terrelli a much more shark-like profile, including a strong anterior lobe on its tail, in contrast to reconstructions based on other placoderms. "

( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunkleosteus )

KeU

Comparison shots of the newly released Lucas with Wilson.

With Essien.

The PNSO Holy Trinity together.

Comparison to the Vitae Giganotosaurus.

More photos of Lucas here:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5276.msg232203#msg232203

Shonisaurus

Thanks for the KeU links we can see the three large carnivorous theropods together from PNSO. These comparative photos serve as a guide for those of us who are dinosaur collectors. The same can be said of the comparative photos with Vitae's giganotosaurus. I sincerely like it a lot more. Giganotosaurus de Vitae, although it is not made of material as noble as the PNSO giganotosaurus (comparable with resin) whose PVC resembles, as I have already mentioned, the best resin figures. Honestly my favorite theropod is the PNSO spinosaurus among the three PNSO figures followed by the giganotosaurus and perhaps the least interesting is the PNSO tyrannosaurus.

terrorchicken

their heads look so different, almost like they are two different types of therapods. Which one is the more accurate?

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: terrorchicken on May 18, 2019, 09:19:11 PM
their heads look so different, almost like they are two different types of therapods. Which one is the more accurate?
So that's why I couldn't tell that PNSO's figure was a Giganotosaurus. I literally could not tell that was what Lucas was supposed to be until I saw it labelled on this site. From the pictures on facebook, I had no idea what it was meant to be.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

KeU

Quote from: terrorchicken on May 18, 2019, 09:19:11 PM
PNSO based Lucas of the old skull restoration (Top one in the picture below).

The Vitae Giganotosaurus is more up to date.
It is based of the lower 2 restorations.
Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on May 18, 2019, 11:03:00 PM
So that's why I couldn't tell that PNSO's figure was a Giganotosaurus. I literally could not tell that was what Lucas was supposed to be until I saw it labelled on this site. From the pictures on facebook, I had no idea what it was meant to be.
I did not have any trouble with that.
But I guess I shouldn't since I am listing Giganotosaurus as my favorite Dinosaur.
I do understand though, I will have trouble differentiating Daspletosaurus, Tarbosaurus or Tyrannosaurus if someone placed a figure in front of me without close inspection.

terrorchicken

thanks!

oddly the lower jaw of the PNSO giganato looks more like the one from the 3rd reconstruction (the one on the bottom.)

KeU

Quote from: terrorchicken on May 19, 2019, 08:39:12 PM
thanks!
oddly the lower jaw of the PNSO giganato looks more like the one from the 3rd reconstruction (the one on the bottom.)
Anytime.
Oh yes, the square chin.
Which is sadly missing on the Vitae figure.

Concavenator

Anyone would be kind enough of posting a comparison between the new PNSO Ankylosaurus with whichever of these figures:

Safari Sauropelta
Safari Ankylosaurus
Papo Ankylosaurus
Schleich Saichania (2008)

It would be appreciated.  ;)

DragonRider02

Can somebody post a photo of Safari Tapejara with Mattel JW one?

Die_Maulquappe

Pegasus Homo Neanderthalensis (1:32) ,Eofauna Straight-tusked elephant, PNSO T.rex,Triceratops, Papo Stego
All match very good.

TITANS_of_the_EARTH

Shonisaurus

Thanks for the beautiful photographs. Nice set of figures every year all the prehistoric animal toy brands are improving ostensibly in all fields (resin figures, vinyl, PVC or other material). It is a gift from Heaven to see them together. Thanks for sharing. Sincerely there are figures conceptualized as "toys" even by toy brands that are sincerely destined only and exclusively to collectors for example PNSO or Eofauna makes figures of PVC or vinyl in the case of PNSO that frankly do not have to envy the resin figures and sincerely they are not indicated for the children, for the simple reason that those figures are not attractive to them they like more figures with articulated legs of other exceptional companies these yes of toy like Lego, Playmovil to put two more indicated examples for the infantile public independently they are attractive to any collector as well.  :)

suspsy

Sede arrived in the mail today. I can honestly say that this really is the finest Ankylosaurus toy to date. Magnificently sculpted, meticulously researched, and big enough to be impressive, yet still small enough to not take up a lot of room in your display. Sede looks very nice alongside Baby Darcy.

Untitled by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

And here's Sede with fellow Ankylosauruses from Carnegie, Safari, and CollectA. Note how the other three are modelled after Ken Carpenter's 2004 reconstruction while Sede follows the 2017 reconstruction by Jordan Mallon and Victoria Arbour.

Seriously, if you consider yourself fond of Ankylosaurus, or ankylosaurs in general, then you need to get this toy.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

The PNSO ankylosaurus reminds me in its beauty of its Doug Safari counterpart and its counterpart in modeling to that of the unforgettable Carnegie brand. Thanks for the pictures Suspsy.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: