News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Hello from Germany

Started by Lanthanotus, November 25, 2015, 01:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanthanotus

Hello forum,

I just wanted to introduce myself: My name's Dennis, slowly nearing 40 years of age and live in Germany. I am fascinated by dinosaurs (and other prehistoric reptiles and wildlife) since..., well, I can't remember really. I think I got my first "dinosaur" together with a bunch of other Schleich minis in '79 oder '80.

While my fascination never really ended, it was interrupted several times, especially when the recent reptilian "descendants" caught my interest (which they still do). So over the years I fell a bit behind but caught up a fair bit when I started reading some up-to-date literature about a year ago aswell as following this forum since three months more or less. However, completing the registration here and it's bot defense (or is it to drive off dorks?!) got me down to checking one of those books to look up the species name of a specific armored ornithischian :D

I really like the dinotoyblog, the forum and it's users' activities and hope, I can contribute a bit to it. When it comes to dino toys, my main interest are dioramas aswell as creating own models. To spice up this introduction with a pic, here's my first try on an ancient reptile (even if it's no dinosaur) with SuperSculpey, a material I decided to try after reading in here. No masterpiece for sure the dimorphodon lacks details in most ways, just sculpted it the fast way to learn about the characterisitics of the Sculpey....

DinoToyForum

Welcome to the forum Dennis!

Glad you made it through the reinforced registration process! I made it more difficult recently because bots and spammers were getting through - the security questions were too easy. The more difficult questions might put off some people from joining now, but I hope most genuine new members such as yourself will enjoy the challenge! :)

Jetoar

Hi Dennis, welcome to DTF  ^-^. Hear you can fin a lot of a members whose create dioramas and figures too, me included. Your Dimorphodo is really beautiful and it has a nice detail in its head  ^-^. Me and Takama have found or lines of figures, If you like thsi world, you should see them  ^-^.

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4069.0
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

LophoLeeVT

hellow roooar from south korea!
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

CityRaptor

Welcome to the forum. I'm intested in Dioramas, too, but don't build them myself. 

That is your first attempt? Looks pretty good.

You will also find that you are not the only German here.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Halichoeres

Hello, and welcome! I like the Dimorphodon!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Arul

Hellooo welcome welcome i love dinosaur diorama too :D

Uroplatus

Welcome to the DTF.

I like what you chose as your username  :) do you keep them?

Greetings from Belgium.

Lanthanotus

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome :)

Already know your models, Jetoar (&Takama's) and like them really. Browsed the forum a lot during the last weeks and found a lot of inspiration. There's some real talent within this forum.

@ Uroplatus: From a just self centered view "No, unfortunatly not", but then,.. as there are no specimen available in a legal way, it's most likely better that they remain, where they belong. I keep some monitor lizards (like the old male beccarii shown in my sig) and may present them in the Pet Forum some time.

Uroplatus

Quote from: Lanthanotus on November 25, 2015, 09:20:35 PM
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome :)

Already know your models, Jetoar (&Takama's) and like them really. Browsed the forum a lot during the last weeks and found a lot of inspiration. There's some real talent within this forum.

@ Uroplatus: From a just self centered view "No, unfortunatly not", but then,.. as there are no specimen available in a legal way, it's most likely better that they remain, where they belong. I keep some monitor lizards (like the old male beccarii shown in my sig) and may present them in the Pet Forum some time.

You are absolutely right, ofcourse. 
I'm looking forward to seeing your monitors lizards.
Cheers.

sauroid

welcome to the forum Lanthanotus (love your name choice)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

docronnie

Welcome Dennis and enjoy your stay here!  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

laticauda

Tyto_Theropod

Hello and welcome! Don't worry about your lovely sculpt not being a dinosaur, we basically talk about any and all prehistoric life that takes our fancy. ;) Hope you enjoy the forum.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Libraraptor

Oh, willkommen! Ich hatte Dich gar nicht kommen sehen. Woher genau kommst Du? Ich komme aus dem schönen Sauerland.
Welcome to the forum! We have a nice gathering of people from Germany here, and all the other people are great as well, so you´ll enjoy your stay!

Lanthanotus

Hi Libraraptor,

thanks for the welcome, I live in the south of Hessen. I know Sauerland mainly from from driving through I guess, though a friend used to live there for a few month (Grevenbrück) and now and then I am in Siegen for concerts, but I guess that isn't even Sauerland?

LophoLeeVT

hallo!!! ich lebte in deutchland aber jetzt lebe ich in meinen heimat sudkorea.(surprised????)
that is the reason i have soo many bullylands and schleichs in my colection.
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!

Libraraptor

Quote from: Lanthanotus on February 14, 2016, 10:03:35 PM
Hi Libraraptor,

thanks for the welcome, I live in the south of Hessen. I know Sauerland mainly from from driving through I guess, though a friend used to live there for a few month (Grevenbrück) and now and then I am in Siegen for concerts, but I guess that isn't even Sauerland?

;D You know there´s an old rivalry between the Sauerland and the Siegerland. It is said that when  God  created the world he respectively placed an ugly region next to a beautiful one so that man isn´t  too spoilt with beauty- and I live in the Sauerland.  ^-^  Funny -  I used to work in Grevenbrück.

Libraraptor

Quote from: raptor64870 on February 15, 2016, 06:33:42 AM
hallo!!! ich lebte in deutchland aber jetzt lebe ich in meinen heimat sudkorea.(surprised????)
that is the reason i have soo many bullylands and schleichs in my colection.

This is interesting! Why did you move?!

LophoLeeVT

because of my fathers job. we used to live in frankfurt.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: