News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Price of Rare Figures on the Web

Started by RobinGoodfellow, December 12, 2015, 08:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrontoScorpio

Yes, to a certain extent.
But not explaining the 450$ + shipping.

CityRaptor

Could be an anomaly or manipulation going on.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

BrontoScorpio

One of the Holly grails of Kaiyodo DINOLAND resin made figures :

Kaiyodo DINOLAND Velociraptor with two small mamals by Shinobu Matsumura Mongolian desert series 1/35

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e280337029

This one went for 220$.
Even saw  unassembled kits goes for almost twice.

should have got it years ago - when it probably sold for just 20$

brettnj

Funny that I've never looked at this thread but...

The above figure is currently available on YAJ.

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: brettnj on June 10, 2018, 11:04:18 PM
Funny that I've never looked at this thread but...

The above figure is currently available on YAJ.
This thread is ( almost exclusively ) for items already SOLD for high prices.
This item is already sold.
It is no longer available on YAJ.
this is why I was admiring the price - 24200Y - About 220 $.

BrontoScorpio

Can't say I understand the high price -
Maybe it's because the set is much discussed on this forum -
That makes someone so keen on having it :
Play Visions Prehistoric Amphibians :
Just sold on eBay for 311$

Shonisaurus

I was very attracted to the prehistoric amphibians of Play Visions but with that money I bought four times an order of dinosaurs from Mojo 2018 (diplodocus, baryonyx, deinonychus and giganotosaurus). I liked it but better to wait for other more affordable offers (if the occasion arises).

The figures of prehistoric amphibians of Play Visions are very nice but I already have five of the eight figures and the price seems to me as I said totally abusive. As I said, I would not have conscience or moral scruples in my case if I bet on these Play Visions figures.

BlueKrono

It would probably blow your mind that I paid that price for only two of them! Okay, so yes, I only needed two of them, but I'm going to split up the set and sell them off individually or in small groups, so the 3 hundo won't be such a massive hit. Shonisaurus, which are you looking for? I'll list those individually to give you as little competition as possible.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Shonisaurus

Quote from: BlueKrono on June 14, 2018, 05:02:32 AM
It would probably blow your mind that I paid that price for only two of them! Okay, so yes, I only needed two of them, but I'm going to split up the set and sell them off individually or in small groups, so the 3 hundo won't be such a massive hit. Shonisaurus, which are you looking for? I'll list those individually to give you as little competition as possible.

Good morning, BlueKrono:

I am looking for the following prehistoric amphibians of Play Visions the gerrothorax, diplocaulus and eogyrinus. They are the three missing figures, if you want to sell them to me in case they are the ones that you have left, get in touch with me. I am a serious and reliable buyer. When you want, get in touch with me. With my best wishes for your company, receive,

Sincerely  :)

Georassic

I'm interested in all except Triado, Pelto and Eryops. If you list them, I'll bid.

Shonisaurus

I plan to pay a good and reasonable sum for the diplocaulus, eogyrinus and gerrothorax. If you want BlueKrono, get in touch with me. You already know where you have a secure buyer.

Georassic

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 14, 2018, 03:35:08 PM

I plan to pay a good and reasonable sum for the diplocaulus, eogyrinus and gerrothorax. If you want BlueKrono, get in touch with me. You already know where you have a secure buyer.

At least two secure buyers. You're not the only one.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Georassic on June 14, 2018, 03:38:23 PM

Georassic, I am interested in the prehistoric amphibians of Play Visions, but seeing that you are also excited and more interested, I do not have the slightest inconvenience that you buy them. I like dinosaurs but with the members of the forum I am not selfish and even less envious that another person may have them before me.

In this way, as I know that you really like the prehistoric amphibians of Play Visions, I repeat, I do not have the slightest inconvenience that you stay with those beauties. First of all and above all I respect and consider all the members of DTF. I wish you luck Georassic with BlueKrono and hopefully you will find all the prehistoric amphibians you want. For my part I will not be the least inconvenient for you to buy such beautiful and perfect figures from the paleoartistic point of view.

Georassic

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 14, 2018, 06:57:04 PM

Georassic, I am interested in the prehistoric amphibians of Play Visions, but seeing that you are also excited and more interested, I do not have the slightest inconvenience that you buy them. I like dinosaurs but with the members of the forum I am not selfish and even less envious that another person may have them before me.

In this way, as I know that you really like the prehistoric amphibians of Play Visions, I repeat, I do not have the slightest inconvenience that you stay with those beauties. First of all and above all I respect and consider all the members of DTF. I wish you luck Georassic with BlueKrono and hopefully you will find all the prehistoric amphibians you want. For my part I will not be the least inconvenient for you to buy such beautiful and perfect figures from the paleoartistic point of view.
Likewise, Shonisaurus. All is well between us. I admire your ability to acquire so many rare figures that elude the rest of us. Best wishes and good karma to you.  ;D

Nimravus

Do you mean the one issued for The dinosaurs of China set? Its review is in the dinotoy blog below

http://dinotoyblog.com/2016/01/11/mamenchisaurus-dinosaurs-of-china-by-safari-ltd/

As far as I know it was discontinued in the nineties and it is not easy to find, but it occasionally shows up on ebay.

BrontoScorpio

You can see that the last 10 safari mamenchisaurus were sold much cheaper than your 150$ :

Items sold on ebay

so, keep on looking HERE

and soon enough another item in that price range would emerge.

Good luck

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Georassic on June 14, 2018, 08:56:00 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 14, 2018, 06:57:04 PM

Likewise, Shonisaurus. All is well between us. I admire your ability to acquire so many rare figures that elude the rest of us. Best wishes and good karma to you.  ;D

I'm sorry Georassic still bought the eogyrinus and the gerrothorax to BlueKrono just offered them to me. I hope you have luck with the rest of the figures.  :-\

I'm sorry to hear you.  :-[

I hope you have luck with the other figures.  :(

I've talked more about the account, I'm sorry. In my case life is very short and I have to take this opportunity. I hope on another occasion not to talk about the account anymore. I am sorry.  :-X

BlueKrono

To be clear about the Play Visions, I have not promised them to anyone. In my message to you Shoni I assured you that I would let you know when I listed them, and that I would list the ones you want individually so you wouldn't have to outbid someone else who wanted a different figure in a grouping. I will post about the listings on here so that all DTFers who are looking for these rare and beautiful figures have a fair shot. Sorry if there was misunderstanding.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Shonisaurus

Quote from: BlueKrono on June 15, 2018, 02:53:23 PM
To be clear about the Play Visions, I have not promised them to anyone. In my message to you Shoni I assured you that I would let you know when I listed them, and that I would list the ones you want individually so you wouldn't have to outbid someone else who wanted a different figure in a grouping. I will post about the listings on here so that all DTFers who are looking for these rare and beautiful figures have a fair shot. Sorry if there was misunderstanding.

By the way BlueKrono lists them published on this page. Will we have to bid on the figures? Are you going to resell them on eBay so that all DTF members have an opportunity?

BlueKrono

Yes, they will be on eBay, open to all. I will post about the auctions on the eBay thread here on the forum so everyone interested knows. I do hope someone from the forum ends up with them.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: