News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Price of Rare Figures on the Web

Started by RobinGoodfellow, December 12, 2015, 08:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrorchicken

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on January 31, 2018, 10:49:59 PM
Quote from: terrorchicken on January 31, 2018, 09:42:32 PM

.. intentionally you forgot this:  ;)

oh I left it out b/c
1) I didnt want to repost every pic
2) its actually the least disturbing one to me.  :P

Halichoeres

Quote from: sauroid on February 01, 2018, 07:57:41 AM
were they proven viviparous?

No, it's outside of the crown mammals so it very likely laid eggs. It probably also didn't have teats. There's a lot of speculation in this reconstruction.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

stargatedalek

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on January 31, 2018, 10:49:59 PM
Quote from: terrorchicken on January 31, 2018, 09:42:32 PM

ok I know it was real but this reconstruction is so unsettling, especially the face. Reminds me of the poor chimera from Fullmetal Alchemist.  :o

.. intentionally you forgot this:  ;)

Just because the proportions of the skeleton are rather unusual doesn't mean that reconstruction is at all believable.

sauroid

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 02, 2018, 01:05:45 AM
Quote from: sauroid on February 01, 2018, 07:57:41 AM
were they proven viviparous?

No, it's outside of the crown mammals so it very likely laid eggs. It probably also didn't have teats. There's a lot of speculation in this reconstruction.
thanks for the info.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

To be fair, I don't find it all that believable either. It looks like a mange-y dog :'(

BrontoScorpio

Well, that hound from hell figure is somewhat disturbing - especially the real size statue -
not sure at all I am so keen on ever displaying such 'splendour' that 'only mother can love' ...  ;)
what you definitely can't say about this beauty, went for 21700 Y ( about 200$ ) :

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r229292607

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on February 04, 2018, 12:46:55 PM
Well, that hound from hell figure is somewhat disturbing - especially the real size statue -
what you definitely can't say about this beauty, went for 21700 Y ( about 200$ )

Are you the buyer?  ;)

BrontoScorpio

No I'm not.
Could not counter bid it - my proxy was offline for several hours today.
You already got one - If I remember correctly ...
( any desires for a 2nd ? ...  ;) )

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on February 04, 2018, 01:02:15 PM
No I'm not.
Could not counter bid it - my proxy was offline for several hours today.
You already got one - If I remember correctly ...
( any desires for a 2nd ? ...  ;) )

Yes, I have one.
I spent almost the same money.
The figure isn't that big but truly a beauty.
:)

UK

Lovely figure.

For those who love there dinotales, the rarest of the dinometal figures. In fact, I'd guess the rarest of the dinotales. The dinometal ceratosaurus (thank you Helge  :) )

BrontoScorpio

Not exactly my 'cup of tea' this particular model - but I get the collectible value .
20100Y + ~1600Y - That's about 200$

And I'm so glad I don't let true mammals into my collection -
A heroic battle over this 25cm Shinobu Matsumura Kaiyodo black rhino Ended with about 630$ :

Invicta Hunter

That Dinoland model was won by me  :)

UK

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on February 12, 2018, 02:36:18 PM

Great stuff Jim, lucky you're fabulously wealthy  ;)

Only kidding.....

BrontoScorpio

Well, I guess you wanted another 'V' mark in your DINOLAND collection -
who could ever not symphatize with that ? ... :)
Personally - I don't like this model -
the shape and posture of the T-rex just look too strenuous and unnatural.
who's model is it ?
The locked knees might imply it is a Kazunari Araki model.
Is it ?

Invicta Hunter

Quote from: UK on February 12, 2018, 02:45:35 PM
Quote from: Invicta Hunter on February 12, 2018, 02:36:18 PM

Great stuff Jim, lucky you're fabulously wealthy  ;)

Only kidding.....

Not wealthy at all, this was a present for my 31st.

Invicta Hunter

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on February 12, 2018, 02:51:37 PM
Well, I guess you wanted another 'V' mark in your DINOLAND collection -
who could ever not symphatize with that ? ... :)
Personally - I don't like this model -
the shape and posture of the T-rex just look too strenuous and unnatural.
who's model is it ?
The locked knees might imply it is a Kazunari Araki model.
Is it ?

Yeah there's only a few models im missing from the Dinoland set and this was one of them. Im not sure if this one is the premade model or a kit. It seems to come in a really big box if it was a kit but i've also only ever seen the premade model painted brown and never in blue. Im not sure who sculpted this model, it might just be Kazunari Araki.

Simon

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on February 12, 2018, 02:03:02 PM
Not exactly my 'cup of tea' this particular model - but I get the collectible value .
20100Y + ~1600Y - That's about 200$

*SNIP*

Its not Araki's - This model was sculpted by Shinobu Matsumura as part of the Kaiyodo Dinoland line (Araki and Matsumura were the two sculptors for that line of figures).  I had it once upon a time, but wasn't too keen on it... I like Araki's style better personally ... at least for customizing ... they're all pretty obsolete as far as accuracy goes...but for being made almost 30 years ago, they're pretty cool ...

Invicta Hunter

When you owned this model did you have the kit or the premade, also do you know if this one is the kit model or a premade one?
As i said in my post before the box seems a little bit to big if it was the kit version.

Halichoeres

I think some of us would be wealthy if not for this hobby...
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 12, 2018, 06:44:40 PM
I think some of us would be wealthy if not for this hobby...

;D So true ;D Congrats on the new addition, it really is a beautiful model, and love that you are almost there as far as completing the series, that would be a huge accomplishment!
Good luck on hunting the rest of the figures.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: