News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Price of Rare Figures on the Web

Started by RobinGoodfellow, December 12, 2015, 08:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Quote from: Viking Spawn on December 14, 2015, 07:37:04 PM
That link is exactly what I was looking for!  Bookmarked!  Thank you Halichoeres!  :)

My pleasure! Great site, and it needs more contributors. I built almost all of the Yowie Lost Kingdoms pages myself.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

RobinGoodfellow

I was surprised by this Ebay auction (USA only):

Retired Bullyland Dire Wolf

CityRaptor

Holy...
Can we partially blame that on "Game of Thones"?

Really looks more like Godzilla if you ask me...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

SBell

I have the original paint version. It is not worth that much.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 15, 2015, 05:28:50 PM
Quote from: Viking Spawn on December 14, 2015, 07:37:04 PM
That link is exactly what I was looking for!  Bookmarked!  Thank you Halichoeres!  :)

My pleasure! Great site, and it needs more contributors. I built almost all of the Yowie Lost Kingdoms pages myself.

It gives some false information, too, saying Bullyland Procynosuchus and Spinophorosaurus were released for the Braunschweig museum. Procy was released for the Korbach museum. Maybe I´ll ask to become a contributor.

And gosh! I found a blue Kleinwelka Iguanodon there... You know what this means for a monochrome figures nerd? :D

RobinGoodfellow

New auction price for the Invicta Dimetrodon:

Libraraptor

Ridiculous. It is not that rare after all.

RobinGoodfellow

..well, I don't know about the price but I saw only 2 Invicta Dimetrodon on Ebay in 2015 (..and one of them is in my collection now...) and this is the first one in 2016, so yes, it's not so easy to find...  ;)

CityRaptor

Oh no

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: CityRaptor on March 06, 2016, 07:14:53 PM
Would any of those qualify?
http://www.ebay.de/sch/Dinosaurier-Urtiere-/156065/m.html?item=201529824841&hash=item2eec1d1649%3Ag%3AaokAAOSwDuJWzvFm&LH_Complete=1&_ssn=lupimaus
The stupid part is that some of them are available in new condition for lower prices.

Are you talking about Invicta Dimetrodon?
I can't see any Invicta in that link... Am I missing something?

CityRaptor

What do you mean, you do not see any Invictas? The link had the Muttaburasaurus among others. Also Papo, Carnegie, Schleiche and Bullyland.
Oh no

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: CityRaptor on March 06, 2016, 07:24:54 PM
What do you mean, you do not see any Invictas? The link had the Muttaburasaurus among others. Also Papo, Carnegie, Schleiche and Bullyland.

No, I see 3 lots of chinasaurs and a green Papo running Rex. That's all.
You posted a research link.
Ebay site changes between Countries.
Probably your link is for german buyer only. And probably I see only the "worldwide shipping" items...

Lanthanotus

Quote from: CityRaptor on March 06, 2016, 08:03:57 PM

Plateosaurus
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Safari-Ltd-Dinosaurier-Carnegie-Collection-Plateosaurus-/201529824841?hash=item2eec1d1649:g:aokAAOSwDuJWzvFm

Observed that one too but did not bid as I get mine from Takama together with some others. With shippings its still way less then this price.

Considering it's out of production it may not be that exaggerated if one doesn't have the guts or time to look out for it within overpriced convoluts of chinasaurs (which they frequently are).

CityRaptor

Oh yes, the overpriced lots of Chinasaurs.  Trying to sell their junk for 25, 50 or more Euros. I also saw a JP Young T.rex being offered for 150 Euros, depite the fact that it was beat up and missing the Dino Damage.
Oh no

RobinGoodfellow

CityRaptor

Oh no

Digibasherx

Libraraptor

That "lupimaus" seller will get a golden nose if she continues fetching prices that unjustified. But my guitar seller once told me "The value of an item bases on what somebody is willing to spend on it..."

CityRaptor

Some of those were also sold for more than the original price, despite still being available in new condition for it, like the Schleich Quetzalcoatlus. Not the first time I saw something like that happen. It is like those people have no idea what the item actually costs in store.

It is of course also partially luck. One day an item can be sold for a high price, the other day for a low one and then high again.
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: