News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Price of Rare Figures on the Web

Started by RobinGoodfellow, December 12, 2015, 08:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrontoScorpio

I wonder who has beaten me to it ?

Lanthanotus

Woah, it certainly wasn`t me... but good to know I need not sell my house when in need for money, just sell my Kleinwelkas (no, I won`t).

Lanthanotus

Now, while I am also on the hunt for a last one (the Deinosuchus - I once bought one by proxy for a quite good price, this in fact kindled my desire to collect these myself)
those prices would be too steep for me, I mean, I could afford that, but I certainly would not. After all, being Germnay based I got all my Kleinwelaks with the exception of
an Anatosaurus from lots in Kleinanzeigen. Needs a lot of careful searching, but is certainly is cheaper, I paid like 60 to 70 Euros for my whole set (well, without the
Deinosuchus that is).

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Lanthanotus on March 02, 2021, 09:03:58 PM
Now, while I am also on the hunt for a last one (the Deinosuchus - I once bought one by proxy for a quite good price, this in fact kindled my desire to collect these myself)
I think that would be me - not really sure.

As for that price - had I had invested more - surely just a short while afterwards another opportunity would have risen for a 1 tenth that price -
and I would have feel foolish ...
So, I try not to loose my head over foolish bids ...

Would trade my spare Deinosuchus for that Para. though - if your interested ... :)

Lanthanotus

Was in fact you ;)
Thanks for the offer, but that would leave me without a Para, just got one of these. Got two Anatosaurus tho, if you are looking for that one too.
Anyway am always having a lookout for any of the more rare Kleinwelkas, so maybe one day...

Libraraptor

No matter who won that bidding race, that price blows me away.

Duna

Quote from: Stolpergeist on March 02, 2021, 08:49:58 PM
Ah, darn, Snertus has occasionally Kleinwelka figures?
I need to look out for that more often, I usually browse through German sellers.
Last month he had the brachiosaurus for about 75€ but it was sold.

sauroid

are these still considered rare and valuable nowadays?

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

brettnj

That would depend upon your definitions but what I can say is that in the 6 years I've been selling via a source in Japan, with me scanning sites there several times per day, these were much more commonly offered earlier on than they are now. They don't really command high prices--or at least crazy high prices--and when too much is requested they go unsold, but they are slowly disappearing and I imagine the status will change soon enough. I feel like I've seen the Edmonto more than the giganto.

They must have been sold in better numbers than say, Favorites from expos/exhibits, which, when gone, go far more quickly than these have, and rarely turn up again and go for quickly and increasingly escalating prices when they do.

Brett

sauroid

Quote from: brettnj on March 06, 2021, 03:32:17 PM
That would depend upon your definitions but what I can say is that in the 6 years I've been selling via a source in Japan, with me scanning sites there several times per day, these were much more commonly offered earlier on than they are now. They don't really command high prices--or at least crazy high prices--and when too much is requested they go unsold, but they are slowly disappearing and I imagine the status will change soon enough. I feel like I've seen the Edmonto more than the giganto.

They must have been sold in better numbers than say, Favorites from expos/exhibits, which, when gone, go far more quickly than these have, and rarely turn up again and go for quickly and increasingly escalating prices when they do.

Brett
thanks. i guess i would just find people to trade with instead of selling them.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

BrontoScorpio

I can't understand how this one got 220$ yesterday - could someone solve the mistory ? :

Reuben03

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Reuben03 on August 16, 2021, 02:41:26 PM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on December 12, 2015, 08:09:55 PM

who would pay anything for this disgusting hunk of junk
I have to be honest it's the most accurate figure on the market-when entelodonts fly

BrontoScorpio

1. It's an old post from 6 years ago - when running PAPO T-rex was considered a collectible items for some.
2. It's not the most elegant forum behaviors to step over new question posts by reviving long over due articles ...

Lanthanotus

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on August 16, 2021, 01:43:11 PM
I can't understand how this one got 220$ yesterday - could someone solve the mistory ? :

I certainly can`t spot any potential "holy grail", though tbh several items in this lot do not tell me anything of their potential value (like the beetle (model?)), the capsules or the piano...) and therefor may be rare. On the other hand, this lot has a number of figures each selling for 8 to 15 dollars, depending where you are. So maybe someone considered it a good deal to fill the own colection and resell the other stuff? That being said, I`d not have paid so much :D

Reuben03

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on August 16, 2021, 03:07:13 PM

1. It's an old post from 6 years ago - when running PAPO T-rex was considered a collectible items for some.
2. It's not the most elegant forum behaviors to step over new question posts by reviving long over due articles ...
had no clue it was 6 years old i just woke up

its still trash

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on December 12, 2015, 08:09:55 PM

At the time (2015) that item was sold after 86 bids for 684 usd .
I wasn't one of the bidders (for sure) but apparently  there were people who disagreed with you.
What is rare and desirable?
It depends on lots of things..

Bread

Regarding the old papo brown running rex, how much has it decreased in value due to the re-release?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Bread on August 16, 2021, 05:09:30 PM
Regarding the old papo brown running rex, how much has it decreased in value due to the re-release?

I think no one can tell that.
At the time only five/six brown running Rexs were known.
Nowadays the brown running is easily available (= no more a rare/desirable  figure).
So I don't think a collector wants to spend so much for an available item ( not even for an original 2015 copy)..

Bread

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on August 16, 2021, 05:31:55 PM
Quote from: Bread on August 16, 2021, 05:09:30 PM

I think no one can tell that.
At the time only five/six brown running Rexs were known.
Nowadays the brown running is easily available (= no more a rare/desirable  figure).
So I don't think a collector wants to spend so much for an available item ( not even for an original 2015 copy)..
Wow I had no clue there were so few originals. Well based on your assessment and information I can only assume these figures have fallen quite a bit in price due to availability.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: