News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo

Started by Takama, May 17, 2012, 01:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Hmm..looking at mine here I can't see a seam at all..nor a difference in paint.  Maybe the quality just varies a bit from piece to piece?

Mark1

I gotta say, I was really excited to order the Papo Brachiosaurus, but when it arrived .... eh! Mine is green and I had to re-bend a front leg ( Via the hot water approach... ) to get it straightened up. I like the size ( I wish Safari made their new Brachio that big ) but that's about it. I'm sure as time moves on it'll grow on me..... :}

Horridus

Quote from: SBell on January 16, 2013, 03:12:18 PM
Looking at the Brach my daughter got, and haven't seen anything mentioned about this--does anyone else feel like the neck-to-body joining of the figure is awkward? On the one we have, the seam is glaringly obvious, like the two parts are pasted together from separate animals. The paint isn't even consistent between the two. This seems unusual for Papo. I will never be their biggest fan, but at the very least I have always appreciated a certain manufacturing quality from them. My photo doesn't show it well, but the colour and texture stand out quite obviously when I hold the Brach.
The neck join I'll agree with, but the paint is quite seamless on mine (the one used in the review). However, Papo have definitely become a lot more hit-and-miss when it comes to paint quality - if you're ordering online, you have to get lucky.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

spaceman

Hi guys!

I just found out the existence of a "legendary" Brown running Papo T-rex.  So far, I have only seen a few pics on internet and youtube. 

I read online that it is exclusive in France, it it still on sale in France or out of production?

thanks!

Ikessauro

Quote from: spaceman on April 01, 2013, 05:04:16 PM
Hi guys!

I just found out the existence of a "legendary" Brown running Papo T-rex.  So far, I have only seen a few pics on internet and youtube. 

I read online that it is exclusive in France, it it still on sale in France or out of production?

thanks!

Hi spaceman
I'm one of the lucky ones that have the brown version. I've got mine from France, but I'm not sure if they are still available. It seems to me that the brown rex had a short test run only and probably Papo isn't even making more. If they were I guess it would be a bit easier to get more of it from France or Canada. Also there's no online store that I know of selling it. Your best bet it to find someone in France to look for it on stores.

spaceman

Thank you for the info! 

scallenger

Sorry if this has been answered, but does anyone really think they still offer the Green Papo T-Rex as well as the 2012 Brown one below? Or do you think despite the listing it will be just the brown one? I hope the latter, because I really want to buy the Brown one (already have the green), and this listing is the cheapest I can really find it, especially with free shipping if I buy a $5 item!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KO7QK8/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=
Jurassic Time is back... and this time, it will stay with you forever.

Jurassic Time... it can now belong in your own museum.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: scallenger on April 24, 2013, 08:56:55 AM
Sorry if this has been answered, but does anyone really think they still offer the Green Papo T-Rex as well as the 2012 Brown one below? Or do you think despite the listing it will be just the brown one? I hope the latter, because I really want to buy the Brown one (already have the green), and this listing is the cheapest I can really find it, especially with free shipping if I buy a $5 item!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KO7QK8/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

I'm not sure really..  I would recommend buying it from Dansdinosaurs.com or Dejankins. Email them and ask what your getting..great personal service from both.

biniou24

You can read "Colors May Vary - Green or Brown" so you can't be sure what you'll get.

I think amazon has a pallet with both dinos (to save some space) and you will receive a random color.

You may be disa(papo)inted, trying to save some dollars.

biniou24

Hi, I've read a comment of this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZF-rGlAhSw

it says:
Quotei have two figures of this T-rex of Papo on Green Colour but i saw that is too a brown figure in sale, but i can't find it is called the Brown Running T-Rex i hear is only available in france and canada but hope you can tell me where i can buy one because i want the brown version too

answer:
QuoteIn our discussions with the senior management team at Papo we were told that the Brown Running T.rex was a prototype that was produced in limted numbers and never intended for general sale. We wish you luck with your attempt to acquire a model, it is not going to be available on general release in the near future.

I hope this helps.

CityRaptor

So it is not just exclusive, but a real rarity!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

spaceman

Thanks for this piece of info..  ok I can give up my search for the brown running T-Rex  :-\

answer:
QuoteIn our discussions with the senior management team at Papo we were told that the Brown Running T.rex was a prototype that was produced in limted numbers and never intended for general sale. We wish you luck with your attempt to acquire a model, it is not going to be available on general release in the near future.

I hope this helps.
[/quote]

Invicta Hunter

Quote from: biniou24 on May 14, 2013, 07:32:17 AM
Hi, I've read a comment of this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZF-rGlAhSw

it says:
Quotei have two figures of this T-rex of Papo on Green Colour but i saw that is too a brown figure in sale, but i can't find it is called the Brown Running T-Rex i hear is only available in france and canada but hope you can tell me where i can buy one because i want the brown version too

answer:

I hope this helps.

I wrote to someone at Papo a couple of months ago and she found out that the brown rex was a special production for a customer in France. She told me the customers company name was Oxybul eveil et jeux, i wrote too them and asked if they had any still but they said no. The search continues... :-\

tyrantqueen

That video review was nice but I don't agree with his reasoning at all :/ The running rex was most definitely NOT based on Sue, more like the Vastatosaurus from King Kong and some JP rex thrown in. I like Everything Dinosaur but I think they should at least be honest with their customers.

If anyone wanted a model of a robust tyrannosaurus (Sue) a model I really recommend would be Galileo's tyrannosaurus http://www.geenemodels.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_61&product_id=75
You can see that he directly based it on the robust morph. I'm sure there are other models that other members could recommend too.

CityRaptor

That is however not a Model parents would buy for their children.

But yeah, the Running Rex is clearly not based on Sue. I always think of it as either some old veteran JP-Style Rex who fought through many battles. Or as an early step in the Evolution from T to V. Think of Jurassic Park and King Kong being set in the same Universe.
"What have they got in there, King Kong?"
Oh no

tyrantqueen

Quote from: CityRaptor on May 14, 2013, 04:20:54 PM

But yeah, the Running Rex is clearly not based on Sue. I always think of it as either some old veteran JP-Style Rex who fought through many battles. Or as an early step in the Evolution from T to V. Think of Jurassic Park and King Kong being set in the same Universe.
"What have they got in there, King Kong?"
No, but what if a parent ending up buying the running rex thinking it was accurate based on that review? That's what bothered me a bit.

Patrx

It sounded to me like he was trying to sell the Papo rex, not review it.

CityRaptor

Well, that is how he makes his money.

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 14, 2013, 04:40:28 PM
Quote from: CityRaptor on May 14, 2013, 04:20:54 PM
No, but what if a parent ending up buying the running rex thinking it was accurate based on that review? That's what bothered me a bit.

Parents caring about the accurateness of the Dinosaur toys they give their children probably would know better.
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Patrx on May 14, 2013, 05:04:55 PM
It sounded to me like he was trying to sell the Papo rex, not review it.

Unfortunately that's what many " reviewers "do. It's one good reason we have the Dino Toy Blog and the forums here to provide honest opinions.

biniou24

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on May 14, 2013, 01:43:07 PMI wrote to someone at Papo a couple of months ago and she found out that the brown rex was a special production for a customer in France. She told me the customers company name was Oxybul eveil et jeux, i wrote too them and asked if they had any still but they said no. The search continues... :-\
You mean, this one:
http://www.eveiletjeux.com/figurine-tyrannosaurus-rex/produit/125736
?

I'm french, I can try to see if can I get some brown papo T-rex. But the price may be really high because of shipping and customs duty (France => USA).
About 30/40 dollars for shipping.
And of course you have to add about 30 dollars for... the dino.
And maybe some more dollars for customs duty...

But if you are really mad to have this toy... I live at about 300 miles from the closest store that MAY own this dino, but I don't pay train travels (I'm a railroad worker) so I can make a trip to the closest town that may sell this dino... (Bordeaux, west of France)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: