News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo

Started by Takama, May 17, 2012, 01:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

biniou24

Wow this color is awesome !
Sorry for my mistake.

Invicta Hunter

Yeah, i was talking about the brown running rex.

fleshanthos

Is the green running Rex out of scale with the Styracosaurus 2011?
I'm thinking of getting them together. I know Sty was smaller than Tric, but is it a correct scale at all?
People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Laughable Beliefs

Concavenator

To fleshanthos:
I don't think Papo produce scale models(I mean that they don't a the scale any dinosaur,as Carnegie produce they models with a scale fixed by the manufacturer).They aren't all at the same scale,but I,think Running T-rex and Styracosaurus looks like that they are in the same scale.

Concavenator

Hi people :)
I have Papo Stegosaurus,Tyrannosaurus version 1,Spinosaurus,Velociraptor and Oviraptor,and Pachycephalosaurus and Pteranodon.Pics coming soon;and I want to get their new Carnotaurus and Dimetrodon soon,and also get pics of the lasts.

fleshanthos

I went to RTFF myself.

Sty: 1/2 the length of a TRex. About the same length as a Gorgosaurus.

Something I already knew: not even close in age range. ~8 million years separates the closest ranges. *sigh*.

The Tric doesn't look nearly as good, what with the cracked horn material and ugly paint job. What can you do? REPAINT em!

But I like the Sty...and the Trex, anatomically inaccurate as they are! If only Sideshow collectibles weren't so goddam expensive!
People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Laughable Beliefs

tyrantqueen

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong topic, but I was unsure where to write this.

Regarding the original green sitting rex. I read on Everythingdinosaur.com that Papo is discontinuing the green meanie:

Just like the original brown velociraptor paintjob, I am wondering if this version will become more valuable in future. Already this model has started to become slightly scarce.

Roselaar

The original green Papo Rex has been discontinued for a while now. ED is just going through their last available models apparently. I wager this green Rex is definitely gonna go up in prices soon, maybe even more so than the Raptor.

Ikessauro

Quote from: Roselaar on July 22, 2013, 08:58:18 PM
The original green Papo Rex has been discontinued for a while now. ED is just going through their last available models apparently. I wager this green Rex is definitely gonna go up in prices soon, maybe even more so than the Raptor.

Yes, Roselaar is right, the rex is discontinued since the brown version came out. People are not going crazy over it yet because there are some stores which have some in stock. As soon as they run out the eBay madness will start... ahah Last night a Papo brown raptor went for 62 or so and it's has been only two, almost three, years since it was discontinued.

Everything_Dinosaur

We wrote a blog article and took some pics that highlighted the differences between the green standing and the brown standing T. rex models, especially around the new look head: Papo Standing T. rex Models - Compared

joossa

Sorry to deviate from the green Rex discussion and sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know when the Papo Dimetrodon will be widely available? Last I heard was mid-August.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Everything_Dinosaur

The Papo Dimetrodon was originally scheduled for launch in February of this year, but production was switched with the Carnotaurus and the Carnotaurus came out first, we believe this was done as Schleich were going to launch their Carnotaurus model in the spring and Papo wanted to be first in the market with their replica.  Production of first batch has been completed, we estimate something like 8,000 models or thereabouts.  Shipping at the moment, currently on the water, expected in France first week of August with distribution outwards from the hub over the first two weeks of that month.  We checked with Papo about three weeks ago and this is the schedule we are working to.

joossa

^Very good to hear! I'm so excited for it!  :)) Thanks.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

SpartanSquat

Thanks for the info Everything_Dinosaur! I hope to see it in the Madird Natural History Museum for September. Probably my second Dimetrodon I will have in my life after salvat dimetrodon xD.

Jetoar

Quote from: RolandEden on July 27, 2013, 03:45:03 PM
Thanks for the info Everything_Dinosaur! I hope to see it in the Madird Natural History Museum for September. Probably my second Dimetrodon I will have in my life after salvat dimetrodon xD.

Two weeks ago I telephoned to the museum of Madrid and They are waiting to Papo Dimetrodon in September  ^-^. But they have a alot of figures of Collecta, Scheleich and Papo, for example the new Carnotaurus. They have some Bullyland figures. Other store is Sarasus. currently they dont work with Papo but they have some figures. This store is the most complet ib Collecta figures.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Everything_Dinosaur

You are most welcome, we have further meetings arranged with Papo towards the end of the year, when new model information willl be gone through.

Concavenator

The Papo Dimetrodon is spectacular imo.I think it is by far the best Dimetrodon available out there.I'm very excited about it  :) I think it is one of the best Papo models.

Jetoar

Quote from: Juan Andrés on July 28, 2013, 07:19:52 PM
The Papo Dimetrodon is spectacular imo.I think it is by far the best Dimetrodon available out there.I'm very excited about it  :) I think it is one of the best Papo models.

Carnegie Dimetrodon is one of the best figures from my point of view. Bullyland Dimetrodon are not bad, but Safari is better. When I see the figure of Papo I will said  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

SpartanSquat

Quote from: Juan Andrés on July 28, 2013, 07:19:52 PM

Oh really?! You mean Christmas?!

@Jetoar: Really! I hope so too. Im waiting that figure since the release of the pics!

You think the brown running rex will be released around the world?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: