News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo

Started by Takama, May 17, 2012, 01:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: imnewhere on June 05, 2016, 05:07:57 AM

Yea i agree theres not to many fans but who knows maybe in time.... and I'm curious how much fluffier would you want i think the one i spoke about has the perfect balance

It's mostly perfectly fluffy, I just don't like how the feathers stop so suddenly towards it's rear, scientifically justifiable or not, it looks un-natural to me, and less believable than either a more fully feathered or unfeathered animal. Apparently I'm in the minority but hey, what'ya gonna do?

tanystropheus

I want Papo feathered T-rex to look like silkie chicken.

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on June 05, 2016, 08:59:03 AM
Quote from: imnewhere on June 05, 2016, 05:07:57 AM

Yea i agree theres not to many fans but who knows maybe in time.... and I'm curious how much fluffier would you want i think the one i spoke about has the perfect balance

It's mostly perfectly fluffy, I just don't like how the feathers stop so suddenly towards it's rear, scientifically justifiable or not, it looks un-natural to me, and less believable than either a more fully feathered or unfeathered animal. Apparently I'm in the minority but hey, what'ya gonna do?

I actually like it I don't know it seems like a coat like if the tail didn't really need feathers. But its fine I actually thought the same but after sketching it it seemed to make sense to me.

also the feathers seem to come to a stop on this guys ... tail
http://cdn2.arkive.org/media/BD/BD2E7561-F5FE-4911-8B23-134D692FA6C3/Presentation.Large/Ostrich-ssp-massaicus-male-ready-to-mate.jpg

Victoria's Cantina

Has anyone had this issue with their baby T-Rex? The skin fold between his left side jaw isn't retracting into its socket and gets caught when closing the mouth, causing it to become damaged. This wasn't an issue until recently with this little guy. I just purchased another one and it has a similar issue, though not quite as extreme. After this happens it's also difficult to fully close the mouth.

Roselaar

I don't have that particular issue with the baby Rex, since in my case, both of them (green and brown) can hardly open their mouth at all... :-/

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: Roselaar on June 24, 2016, 01:55:01 PM
I don't have that particular issue with the baby Rex, since in my case, both of them (green and brown) can hardly open their mouth at all... :-/

That was initially an issue I had with both of mine, but I guess after enough working the jaw I was able to get them opened. Now I kind of regret it though, haha.

Dilopho

Quote from: Roselaar on June 24, 2016, 01:55:01 PM
Same here! I was kind of underwhelmed...such beautiful detail, and I can hardly even see it!

LophoLeeVT

i am experiencing it with my green baby rexy too...
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: raptor64870 on June 27, 2016, 05:20:23 AM
i am experiencing it with my green baby rexy too...

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like it might be an issue on some of these.

Saurox

I've never really been particularly fussed about jaw articulation on the baby papo t rexs. I find it neither adds nor subtracts anything from the overall quality of the model.

dragon53

Since 2016 is half over, I have two questions about Papo for 2017.

1. Any new information/rumors on all-new releases for 2017?
2. Any rumors of a Baryonyx repaint?

KeU

There were rumours of an Iguanodon for next year.
And then there are the constant murmurings of a Giganotosaurus.
I don't think we are will be seeing a Baryonyx repaint so soon.

Papo makes their announcement mid Dec, we will know for sure then.

empire3569

Quote from: dragon53 on July 06, 2016, 01:57:14 PM

I thought in one of the interviews it was said that Iguanodon and Acrocanthosaurus were slated for 2017

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: empire3569 on July 07, 2016, 05:44:00 AM
Quote from: dragon53 on July 06, 2016, 01:57:14 PM

I thought in one of the interviews it was said that Iguanodon and Acrocanthosaurus were slated for 2017

Yep, Iguanodon, Acrocanthosaurus, and possibly Giganotosaurus.
I am the Dinosaur King!

dragon53

Thanks for all the replies.
If I had known Papo might release an Acrocanthosaurus, I would have not bought the Rebor version, and waited for the Papo version.

DinoLord

Quote from: dragon53 on July 07, 2016, 01:07:06 PMIf I had known Papo might release an Acrocanthosaurus, I would have not bought the Rebor version, and waited for the Papo version.

This is one of the reasons I held off from the Rebor model. That and obviously oversized feet despite use of a base...

empire3569

Quote from: DinoLord on July 08, 2016, 02:43:23 AM
Quote from: dragon53 on July 07, 2016, 01:07:06 PMIf I had known Papo might release an Acrocanthosaurus, I would have not bought the Rebor version, and waited for the Papo version.

This is one of the reasons I held off from the Rebor model. That and obviously oversized feet despite use of a base...

I'm hoping the Papo one scales/matches well with the Rebor so I can pair them together :)

Shadowknight1

Quote from: empire3569 on July 08, 2016, 04:22:31 AM
Quote from: DinoLord on July 08, 2016, 02:43:23 AM

I'm hoping the Papo one scales/matches well with the Rebor so I can pair them together :)
Same here! ;D
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

kreativtek

Here's a little off-top question: are any Papo models available in the shop at the Museum of Natural History in Berlin? I'm planning a trip to see the Brachiosaurus, Spinosaurus, and Tristan and would love to bring a wee souvenir back home.

Victoria's Cantina

Since Papo has repainted a couple models for this year, I'm just wondering what everyone else might want to see should they repaint more next year. Personally, I'd love for them to repaint the Baby T-Rex in the adult Rainbow Rex color scheme so that we can complete the family unit. Also, I've always wanted to see the Brachiosaurus done in the Jurassic Park color scheme.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: