News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo

Started by Takama, May 17, 2012, 01:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

empire3569

Quote from: masakira on February 28, 2016, 10:32:07 PM
What is everyone's opinion on the Barynoyx now that it's been released?

It's my favorite Papo therapod, and in my top 3 Papo figures overall, so I really like it!

Saurox

I've just seen a review of the Bary by Jurassic collectables. Man that thing is glossy!

JurassicGeek09

Not sure how valid my opinion would be as I don't own one but based on everything I've seen, not terribly impressed. It looks very abnormal.
To view my collection pieces, check me out at: http://www.instagram.com/jurassicgeek09

Saurox

I wish retailers would hurry up and release some of the others. I can't wait to get my hands on the kaprosuchas and the feathered raptor

MLMjp

Quote from: masakira on March 01, 2016, 05:03:27 PM
I wish retailers would hurry up and release some of the others. I can't wait to get my hands on the kaprosuchas and the feathered raptor

For the kaprosuchus you will hace to wait for july :)

Saurox

Quote from: MLMjp on March 01, 2016, 06:27:25 PM
Quote from: masakira on March 01, 2016, 05:03:27 PM

For the kaprosuchus you will hace to wait for july :)

:-[ drat. Has there been any talk about any earlier releases?

teddybier

Let's state in advance: I'm not that into scientific accuracy, just into awesome dinosaur models with lots of detailing. So I like this model very much, especially the much debated pose. Like it is lunging away from something, or towards something. Very lifelike. Lots of detail on this model too. The only bummer for me: the paintjob is not equal over the whole dinosaur. Head and feet are beautifully detailed, with black lines between the scales etc, but the body is just grey and brown.

All together: awesome dinosaur :)

POP of FAN

Quote from: Charlie P. on February 22, 2016, 12:38:07 AM
Quote from: MLMjp on February 21, 2016, 09:11:46 PM
A catalogue picture of the Raptor and T.rex repaint exclusives:

As you can see, the final product turned out to be more "rainbow" >:D

I was talking about this screenshot, they look indeed cat pictures, you're right. Both looks way better than the final products. Now I wonder if this new paint job is a work of the sculptor or it's been done by somebody else in the Papo staff.

I think i can confirm that.
The original repaints in the picture above were done by Mr. Seo himself, but afterwards during the mass production process at PRC factory the colour scheme "somewhat" changed.

Victoria's Cantina

Those look a lot more natural than the final product... especially the T-Rex. I like mine quite a bit either way, but it would have been nice if they looked closer to that photo.

Saurox

I'd like more sculpt variants ala T Rex has both running and standing sculpts.

As much as I like Papo, they're well known for employing safe poses for the dinos.

tanystropheus

Quote from: masakira on March 04, 2016, 08:28:37 PM

As much as I like Papo, they're well known for employing safe poses for the dinos.

Except the Baronyx. Now, people are complaining.

Arul

Some people already got their baryo. Anyone already got the feathered vraptor ?

Saurox

Quote from: Arul on March 18, 2016, 10:51:21 AM
Some people already got their baryo. Anyone already got the feathered vraptor ?

It hasn't been released yet. Most outlets are saying it's coming soon (they've been saying this since January).

JurassicGeek09

Quote from: tanystropheus on March 18, 2016, 02:33:59 AM

Because it's awkward.
To view my collection pieces, check me out at: http://www.instagram.com/jurassicgeek09

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: JurassicGeek09 on March 18, 2016, 11:53:04 PM
Quote from: tanystropheus on March 18, 2016, 02:33:59 AM

Because it's awkward.

The only action that makes sense for it to be in that pose is if the Baryonyx is lunging from the water (hence the gloss) at an Iguanodon on the lakes edge. (hence the pose) Which if thats what they had in mind, thats a pretty creative idea. Also Papo will be releasing an Iguanodon next year anyway, and maybe the Iguanodon will have a pose corresponding with the Baryonyx.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Roselaar

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on March 19, 2016, 03:05:25 AM

The only action that makes sense for it to be in that pose is if the Baryonyx is lunging from the water

Or if its posturing against a rival. Like another Bary in a similar pose. Papo wants you to buy two of these. ;)

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Roselaar on March 19, 2016, 02:51:53 PM
Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on March 19, 2016, 03:05:25 AM

The only action that makes sense for it to be in that pose is if the Baryonyx is lunging from the water

Or if its posturing against a rival. Like another Bary in a similar pose. Papo wants you to buy two of these. ;)

Thats also true, but I like the lunging idea better.  ;)
I am the Dinosaur King!

Saurox

The Papo Kaprosuchas is looking damn good atm

joossa

Does this look like a color variant? I found it while browsing an online shop's Papo stock. It looks much darker than mine.

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Roselaar

Certainly does look different. Darker armor, but the rest of the figure is more lightly coloured by far.

The eyes look weird as heck though, kinda like a bootleg...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: