News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kaijus - post your collection here

Started by sauroid, January 11, 2016, 08:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

AcroSauroTaurus

King of the Monsters Godzilla vs King Ghidorah and King Ghidorah.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Over9K

I've been collecting Kaiju and Dinosaurs and movie monsters for a long time... I've got X-Plus polystone Kaiju,  some vinyl Harryhausen and even a couple of their dinosaurs, a few Papo dinosaurs, couple Kaiyodo T.rexes, Playmates '05 Kong stuff here and there, little bit of a bunch of things...

After a decade hiatus from collecting while I saved for, bought and renovated a house, I came back and started collecting again in earnest, with my first X-Plus vinyl Kaiju, a couple Gigantics, the '62 and the GMK, the 25cm 1965 DisensoGoji, the 25cm '99 Gamera and the 30cm Favorite Sculptors Line '64 MosuGoji, as well as beginning a collection of the DefoReal series. This past Christmas, the wife even got me a tiny Japanese city for them to stomp around in! I call it "Tohokyo"...

Silvanusaurus

I really want to get that Harryhausen dragon some day, but I reckon I can only dream about ever having that gigantic GMK beast.This is making me really eager to unearth my godzilla stuff from the depths of the attic, but I have no space to display it. :'(

brontosauruschuck

Quote from: Over9K on April 13, 2019, 04:18:53 AM
I've been collecting Kaiju and Dinosaurs and movie monsters for a long time... I've got X-Plus polystone Kaiju,  some vinyl Harryhausen and even a couple of their dinosaurs, a few Papo dinosaurs, couple Kaiyodo T.rexes, Playmates '05 Kong stuff here and there, little bit of a bunch of things...

After a decade hiatus from collecting while I saved for, bought and renovated a house, I came back and started collecting again in earnest, with my first X-Plus vinyl Kaiju, a couple Gigantics, the '62 and the GMK, the 25cm 1965 DisensoGoji, the 25cm '99 Gamera and the 30cm Favorite Sculptors Line '64 MosuGoji, as well as beginning a collection of the DefoReal series. This past Christmas, the wife even got me a tiny Japanese city for them to stomp around in! I call it "Tohokyo"...

You are the coolest person of all time.

Over9K

Quote from: brontosauruschuck on April 13, 2019, 09:21:36 PMYou are the coolest person of all time.

Well, coolest is a bit of a stretch, but the wife says I'm halfway decent... sometimes...

Took a picture of a recent addition to the Kaiju collection...

Here's the unedited/uncropped version...

... and I just saw that X-Plus is re-issuing the 25cm '75 MechaGodzilla RIC Edition, so I had to pre-order it!

brontosauruschuck

I got these for my friend's kids. Pretty sure they're from Ultraman and pretty sure they're unlicensed. Anyone recognize them?

CityRaptor

Looks like they could be Ultra 500 series/Spark Dolls. Or Candy toys. Or as you say, bootlegs.

They are indeed from Ultraman:
Red is King Pandon
Black, white and orange is Zetton
Brown is Gomora
Blue-ish green is Bemstar
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

brontosauruschuck

Nice! Thanks for that! Do you know anything about this?

Silvanusaurus

Here are just some of the lads...

I had to get these out of storage after King of the Monsters reignited my love for the Big G. Now I may be hooked again.

Over9K

This little SOB showed up from Japan recently, the 1/35th scale KRS Jirass by Acro...

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

brontosauruschuck

Quote from: Over9K on June 26, 2019, 04:59:42 AM
This little SOB showed up from Japan recently, the 1/35th scale KRS Jirass by Acro...

Nice. I got this message yesterday.

I said heck yeah. If there's any Kaiju figure that you shouldn't worry about authenticity with, it's Jirass. I think technically the most authentic Jirass toy would be a Godzilla toy that you glue a frill to.

brontosauruschuck

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on July 02, 2019, 12:57:44 AM
Got these yesterday.

Woah! That toy is so realistic! I looks just like a King Kong DVD.

Over9K

After months of delays, finally got my hands on the reissued Art Spirits Hyper-Solid Shin Godzilla! This figure is really nice, solid translucent PVC, and it comes with two alternate heads, the roaring and the split-lip awakening head...

The detail is amazing. The teeth are so small and sharp! The figure is 7.5inches to the top of the head, and 10.5 inches to the tip of the tail, and it's heavy. Art Spirits just revealed a Shin Form 2 and a Godzilla 2019 (supp0sed to be a King Ghidorah too), both coming for November releases, definitely getting those too...

... and my X-Plus DefoReal collection has grown recently with the addiction of the Frozen Shin, and the '71 HedoGoji...

brontosauruschuck

Quote from: Over9K on July 16, 2019, 02:00:37 AM
After months of delays, finally got my hands on the reissued Art Spirits Hyper-Solid Shin Godzilla! This figure is really nice, solid translucent PVC, and it comes with two alternate heads, the roaring and the split-lip awakening head...

Okay, pardon me for being naive, what movie (or comic or whatever) is that from?

CityRaptor

It's from the movie of the same name, "Shin Godzilla".
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Over9K

Quote from: brontosauruschuck on July 16, 2019, 10:55:10 AMOkay, pardon me for being naive, what movie (or comic or whatever) is that from?

Quote from: CityRaptor on July 16, 2019, 12:43:20 PM

Indeed. Awesome movie from Toho in 2016, co-directed by Neon Genesis Evangelion creator Hideki Anno and Shinji Higuchi, the special effects master that brought Gamera to life in the 1990's.

Over9K

Some new additions to the Kaiju collection...

X-Plus 25cm Toho Large Monsters Series 1964 Godzilla "B-Suit" RIC Ver. (Ghidorah, The Three-Headed Monster)

X-Plus 25cm Toho Large Monster Series 1975 Godzilla RIC Ver. Reissue

X-Plus '71 Godzilla "HedoGoji" (Godzilla vs Hedorah)

X-Plus 30cm Yuji Sakai Modeling Collection 1989 Godzilla "BioGoji" Osaka Landing/Open Mouth Ver.

X-Plus/Star Ace 30cm Skull Island Kong

... and was fooling around a little bit with my tiny Japanese city, Tohokyo...

brontosauruschuck

Quote from: Over9K on July 16, 2019, 05:28:27 PM
Quote from: brontosauruschuck on July 16, 2019, 10:55:10 AMOkay, pardon me for being naive, what movie (or comic or whatever) is that from?

Quote from: CityRaptor on July 16, 2019, 12:43:20 PM

Indeed. Awesome movie from Toho in 2016, co-directed by Neon Genesis Evangelion creator Hideki Anno and Shinji Higuchi, the special effects master that brought Gamera to life in the 1990's.

I hadn't even heard that Toho was making Godzilla movies again. I really need to get my priorities in order.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: