News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/6 Scale Velociraptor Hatchlings

Started by joossa, January 18, 2016, 09:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

I'm not sure if Papo would even do something, given how common their pics have become as stock.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Victoria's Cantina

Yeah, I doubt they would care. Plus, their design isn't exactly the most original.

PaleoMatt

It might even make people want to buy the adult XD

Sim

Quote from: TE Matt on January 21, 2016, 07:05:03 PM
Am I the only one who want's to inform Papo about there design being stolen, just to annoy Rebor. Probably.

Well, I think Papo probably wouldn't be in the position to do much, as most of Papo's prehistoric figures copy designs by others, including their JP Velociraptor.

Arul

Quote from: Sim on January 21, 2016, 07:49:20 PM
Am I the only one who want's to inform Papo about there design being stolen, just to annoy Rebor. Probably.

Well, I think Papo probably wouldn't be in the position to do much, as most of Papo's prehistoric figures copy designs by others, including their JP Velociraptor.

Or, they are already take care of it on the "backstage" :) just like papo tupux that influenced from sideshow

Sim

Quote from: Arul on January 21, 2016, 10:33:39 PM
Quote from: Sim on January 21, 2016, 07:49:20 PM

Or, they are already take care of it on the "back stage" :) just like papo tupux that influenced from sideshow

What do you mean?

Arul

There are no such thing like "stolen". Maybe papo and rebor have talk about it before and we just dont know, thats why i said "backstage" sorry it should be no space on that word lol

Viking Spawn

Victoria's Cantina

I'm no less excited to get these, but one thing I wouldn't have minded seeing would be 2-3 alternate sculpts offered of the hatchlings in different configurations (shell laying horizontally, raptors facing different directions, mouths open, etc). Just to add a little variety.

CityRaptor

Basically what they did with the triplets?
Re-Using the same mold 9 times seems a bit excessive, yes, especially given that most blindpacked Dinosaurs tend to have more mold variety, with recolors being usually maybe a special chase version, but it might depend on how many units they are planning to sell in total. 
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Viking Spawn

A little variation would have been nice.  But I have a hunch if these do well, we may see something like that down the road.

Victoria's Cantina

Preorder is up on BBTS. $7.99 per blind box or $64.99 for a complete set. Got my order in for the set.

empire3569

I think that's a bit much for 9 versions of the same sculpt, but that's just me. The only one I'm interested in anyway is "O"; I know a lot of people will get these for the Raptor Squad from JW, but I honestly did not care for the velociraptors in that movie, they made them far too different from the raptors in JP and TLW:JP as far as their behavior/mannerisms which I found to be a little off-putting

Dobber

Yeah just not feeling these at all. Glad some of you are happy with this though. I've just been a little disappointed with these recent announcements.  :-\

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Victoria B on January 22, 2016, 09:11:45 PM
Preorder is up on BBTS. $7.99 per blind box or $64.99 for a complete set. Got my order in for the set.

That's not too bad.  1 set for me please!

joossa

These are neat, but a pass for me.

For you guys getting these, make sure you take and share pictures! :)
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Viking Spawn

Quote from: joossa on January 23, 2016, 04:41:36 AM

Will do.

Victoria's Cantina

I'm not sure myself if I'm going to want all nine, but at least if I get the case I will be guaranteed the ones that I do want. Then I can just sell the others.

Quote from: empire3569 on January 22, 2016, 09:25:35 PM
I think that's a bit much for 9 versions of the same sculpt, but that's just me. The only one I'm interested in anyway is "O"; I know a lot of people will get these for the Raptor Squad from JW, but I honestly did not care for the velociraptors in that movie, they made them far too different from the raptors in JP and TLW:JP as far as their behavior/mannerisms which I found to be a little off-putting

They tried to make them more birdlike. The motion capture actors were told to do anything they thought was birdlike behavior. Personally I like it because it's probably more accurate, but I agree it's quite different from what came in the first two films.

Quote from: joossa on January 23, 2016, 04:41:36 AM

I can certainly foresee an unboxing review.  ;)

DinoLord

Personally the blind bag aspect turns me off from these, as there are only two paint variants I'd be interested in.

Viking Spawn

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: