News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/6 Scale Velociraptor Hatchlings

Started by joossa, January 18, 2016, 09:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joossa

Rebor Velociraptor Hatchlings
9 designs in total. Available as blind box singles (random singles) or as a whole set. Hatchlings are around 6cm tall and are made completely out of PVC.
Scale: 1/6
Tease Image Release Date: 01/11/16
Black and White Image Release Date: N/A
Color Image Release Date: 01/21/16
Estimated Date Product Available for Purchase: March, 2016

Comes with a Base: Yes, earthen base similar to the Raptor Triplets, Lock, Stock, and Barrel. Eggs are detachable from base.
Accessories/Extras: No

This thread is for specific discussion on Rebor's Velociraptor Hatchling models. Below are Rebor's statements on this product and product images from their FaceBook page and other social media sites.

Quotes:

01/11/16:
QuoteJust saying, we have your Easter covered

01/18/16:
QuoteLooking for Easter gifts?

01/21/16:
QuoteIf you are a dinosaur enthusiast and an one sixth scale figure collector then you are in for a treat! Introducing REBOR 1:6 Scale Velociraptor Hatchlings Blind Box, featuring 9 different designs, to collect them all you can either get the whole set in one box, or get random singles and exchange with your pals just like the old day, the idea is to bring collectors out there closer to each other and making new friends; and have to say they do make prefect gifts for both children and adults!

Oh by the way, can you believe that these super detailed and well painted Velociraptor babies are just around 6cm tall? Since they occupy no living space at all, you can display them on your shelf, put them on your office desk or in your car, just any place, and whenever you see them, these little fellows will always light up the mood!

What do you think? Getting excited already? No worries cus they are coming this March, so Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages, prepare yourself a Velociraptor Easter!

01/24/16:
QuoteFB User: Are these PVC?
Rebor: Yes :)

01/27/16:
Quote"Blind Box" outer packaging design, this is the part that sellers would normally throw away in the end, however we will still treat the job seriously :)

FB User:
Im sorry hope your translator option below the comment can work im talking in indonesian...Apakah mereka diproduksi dalam jumlah yang sama ? Jika tidak, siapa diantara mereka yang paling langka ? Terimakasih :)

Rebor:
This is what we got "Im sorry hope your translator option can work im talking in English... Whether they were produced in the same amount? If not, who between them the most scarce? Thank you smile emoticon"

Guessing you are asking if you will be able to get all 9 designs in one box, the answer is YES :)

FB User:
Ahh yes correct..im sorry because my english is really bad..well thats good news :) thank you

01/30/16:
QuoteWell it does look like those blind box products we have seen in collectibles stores before, so...YEAH we must have done it right!

02/24/16:
QuoteLock and load, ready to go!

03/01/16:
QuoteFB User: When can we order these? I really want some but I can't find them listed on the site Jurassic Collectables linked to
Rebor: Should be available in a few days :)

Tease Images: 01/11/16:

Color Image (FB Cover Photo): 01/18/15:

Image of Blind Box Packaging: 01/18/16:

Official Color Photos of Individual Hatchlings: 01/21/16:
B:

C:

D:

E:

O:

M:

F:

P:

R:

Group Shot: 01/22/16:

Photo of Outer Packaging Design: 01/27/16:

Display Box Shot: 01/30/16:

More Images of Packaging: 02/24/16:

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

PaleoMatt

ItsTwentyBelow

I like this idea. I think it's fun, and different for Rebor.

Even though these are clearly JP raptors rather than scientifically modern representations of maniraptoran chicks, I like this idea so much that I think I will buy at least two of them for surprise fun, even though I'm not a fan of repaints. I can't imagine they will be too expensive.

Would be neat if they did some scientifically accurate, small "grab bag" prehistoric models in the future.

stargatedalek

I honestly hope they don't do any more after this, I hate the concept. It's not bad when it's just a matter of colour variants, but imagine if they were different sculpts let alone different species, there would be a lot more headaches involved.

CityRaptor

Different sculpts would not be a problem if they were sold in blindbags in stores. You could probably feel the mold. Of course those are blind boxed, so that won't work.

While not scientifically accurate, those are pretty well fitting in a JP collection, being obviously based on the baby from that movie and the color schemes of various Raptors from the series. I also think that they look a lot better than the Triplets.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Viking Spawn

Interesting move on the part of Rebor, no doubt.  However, I want to see them concentrate more on their 1:35 line rather than continue seeing hatchings in different scales/forms. 

Takama

I rather see them do Adult animals in both Scales.    There Compy like Dinosaur Sparked my interest. and i hope they can give us more Small species in that Scale Like a KHAAN

tanystropheus

This had me thinking.
Imagine if REBOR made minis.
With this premium level of quality they could dominate the 'tub' or 'toob' market!  ;D

Halichoeres

Thanks joossa, for continuing to create these very helpful guides!

Pertinent to comments above, I think that blind bag figures are a cynical cash grab, but I have to admit that if Rebor turned their considerable skill to some small animals in this scale, they'd have my attention.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Victoria's Cantina

I'm very interested in seeing how this plays out. I'm not aware of any premium collectible companies that do blind packs. Rebor stepping in to try it out is very intriguing. Most blind pack companies give you the option to purchase an entire sealed case containing the entire set (sometimes with more than one set, sometimes with incomplete sets, and sometimes with a few duplicates). Many of them also make certain variants rarer than others. I truly hope that Rebor offers us the chance to buy an entire complete case with each variant so that we can get the entire collection in one fell swoop.  Otherwise, it could get very expensive since your'e basically gambling each time you purchase a blind pack.  Of course there will always be the opportunity to trade with others on the forum or pick off individual styles off Ebay. But still, it would be so easy to just purchase a complete case all at one time.

Megalosaurus

I hate this concept.
Unless they are really cheap, I don't want to spend my money in 9 color variants.
If I could choose, the I'll buy only "D".
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Erwinonychus

They will sell it in boxes so you can complete it in one go!!!!!!

QuoteIf you are a dinosaur enthusiast and an one sixth scale figure collector then you are in for a treat! Introducing REBOR 1:6 Scale Velociraptor Hatchlings Blind Box, featuring 9 different designs, to collect them all you can either get the whole set in one box, or get random singles and exchange with your pals just like the old day, the idea is to bring collectors out there closer to each other and making new friends; and have to say they do make prefect gifts for both children and adults!
Oh by the way, can you believe that these super detailed and well painted Velociraptor babies are just around 6cm tall? Since they occupy no living space at all, you can display them on your shelf, put them on your office desk or in your car, just any place, and whenever you see them, these little fellows will always light up the mood!
What do you think? Getting excited already? No worries cus they are coming this March, so Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages, prepare yourself a Velociraptor Easter!

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Erwinonychus on January 21, 2016, 12:59:46 PM
They will sell it in boxes so you can complete it in one go!!!!!!

Unknown yet.  But I sure hope so!

Minmiminime

It is confirmed: these are sold in blind boxes, however, can be purchased as a full set when released in March.

https://instagram.com/p/BAzZukmjgBO/

No pricing info yet. I'm hopeful these will make it into general retail, rather than just online because I suppose it's more likely they'll attract the casual market that way. But I guess we'll see!
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Viking Spawn

That's a relief to know you can buy them all at once as a set. 

Viking Spawn

Minmiminime

Very cute, and less fattening than chocolate..!  :))
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Silvanusaurus

I really like the idea of Rebor doing blind boxes, but I'm struggling to think of a more underwhelming choice for the figures inside them. They look very well produced and all that, but has there not been enough JP raptor merchandise already?

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on January 21, 2016, 06:00:45 PM
I really like the idea of Rebor doing blind boxes, but I'm struggling to think of a more underwhelming choice for the figures inside them. They look very well produced and all that, but has there not been enough JP raptor merchandise already?

If your question was "Has there been enough quality JP raptor merchandise already," the answer would be no. The best toys we got were back in the '90s. Papo's raptor is quite nice. And unless you want to factor in Rebor's Lock, Stock and Barrel set (which I don't really consider to be JP), then that's about all there's been that's been of any real quality IMO.

PaleoMatt

Am I the only one who want's to inform Papo about there design being stolen, just to annoy Rebor. Probably.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: