News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/6 Scale Velociraptor Hatchlings

Started by joossa, January 18, 2016, 09:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joossa

Hope I'm reading into this correctly...

This packing is the case that will contain 9 blind boxes. The case having one of each of the 9 variants in a blind box. So this is what you'll get if you buy a case.

Then, the individual blind box packaging will be as pictured below. Nine of these blind boxes will be inside the case pictured above.

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Victoria's Cantina

Looks exactly correct to me. Really looking forward to these. And since they're 1/6th scale, it'll be interesting to see how they scale up next to the Dimorphodons and the other upcoming 1/6th stuff.

Viking Spawn

Agreed. That makes sense!  With a March release date, let's hope Rebor keeps churning out their other products they've hinted about already.

TJ_Terrorsaur

Quote from: TE Matt on January 21, 2016, 07:05:03 PM
Am I the only one who want's to inform Papo about there design being stolen, just to annoy Rebor. Probably.

Design? I'm sorry I don't follow nor see which Papo dinosaur they're stealing from. My Papo raptor doesn't really look like these.

QuelQuelQuel

Quote from: TE Matt on January 21, 2016, 07:05:03 PM
Am I the only one who want's to inform Papo about there design being stolen, just to annoy Rebor. Probably.

Would that be the design Papo stole from Jurassic Park, the one they stole from The Lost World or the one from Jurassic World?

I love Papo, but I can't see getting into legal battles over originality of design working out well for them.

Viking Spawn

Victoria's Cantina

I have a case of these on preorder but am really only interested in the JW inspired designs (and possibly the original JP design). If anyone might be interested in the others please let me know.

CityRaptor

I think most of those who will buy them will be mostly interested in getting the Raptor Squad, especially Blue.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

MLMjp

JurassicCollectables uploaded a video of the hatchlings  :)

https://youtu.be/OixMCRYEBUM

You know, It bugs me when people don't know which one is which. I know that he probably didn't take a good look to the Facebook post to identify each one correctly, but is just me :P

Viking Spawn

Quote from: MLMjp on March 01, 2016, 10:30:06 PM
JurassicCollectables uploaded a video of the hatchlings  :)

https://youtu.be/OixMCRYEBUM

Sweet!  Now I can get a better look at these. 

DinoLord

The colors and finish look a lot 'brighter' than they did in the promotional pictures.  :-\

Rain

That is very untrue. You're making an assumption based on one video. Go watch any of his other videos, he goes over the smallest and slightest details of a figure. 

Rain

Quote from: Charlie P. on March 02, 2016, 02:30:37 AM
Quote from: Rain on March 02, 2016, 02:13:08 AM
That is very untrue. You're making an assumption based on one video. Go watch any of his other videos, he goes over the smallest and slightest details of a figure.

Maybe I've expressed myself the wrong way. I've seen nearly all of his videos, yes he describes the figures in detail but it seems he doesn't know much about them and sometimes about the species those figures are meant to represent. Never heard him saying a word about scientific accuracy, at least for what I recall, and he also seem to like 95% of the things he reviews, which is hard to believe for me since he has full lines of a lot of brands and it is quite strange to find "fantastic" so many things indistinctly. That's just my personal opinion, the feeling I have watching his videos, and it is his personal style, so fine this way. I find his work very useful anyway, most of the figures I like and brands I discuss on this forum I have known because of his channel.

He doesn't bring up the negative traits unless he bought the figure himself. I know REBOR and Shleich send him their products for free , which is probably why he gives their figures praise and nothing else.
And yeah, he doesn't know too much in terms of accuracy.

Takama

If they make an Adult Raptor, i might pick up ONE of these.       

Otherwise i have no interest in them.    I hope Dan will sell them sepratly and not just in the whole box,

Takama

Im only interested in one of them, because there all the same blasted figure only with a different paint scheme ::)  if they were different sculpts then i would gladly shell out the cash for the entire box

Victoria's Cantina

Some of the bigger review channels on YouTube indeed get free product. Many of those who do tend to praise the product they receive because, well, they want to keep getting more of it for free. I guess you can't fault them for that, but for that reason, I tend to stick with smaller time reviewers since we pay for everything and can give a more objective and fair opinion.

As for the Raptor Hatchlings, I've had my preorder in with BBTS since January and planned to do a similar unboxing video, but I don't like retreading covered ground so I'll probably skip the video or just review them after I've already opened them. I agree with others who thought the vid could have been a bit more detailed and feels kind of last minute, but I give JC a pass since he and his wife had a baby recently and are no doubt keeping quite busy.

Quote from: DinoLord on March 02, 2016, 12:27:11 AM
The colors and finish look a lot 'brighter' than they did in the promotional pictures.  :-\

I think the thumbnail for the vid has been enhanced since they don't quite look that bright in the vid.

Dobber

That is why I dislike the practice of sending free sample to reviewers. It will automatically give a skewed review because the reviewer doesn't want to offend the company that is giving them free things.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

MLMjp

Quote from: Charlie P. on March 02, 2016, 02:30:37 AM
Quote from: Rain on March 02, 2016, 02:13:08 AM

Never heard him saying a word about scientific accuracy

Thats true, JurassicCollectables does not know about scientific accuracy and how dinosaurs really were, he knows about feathered dinosaurs but doesn´t know how they really look. He is just a fan of Jurassic Park and likes everything related to dinosaurs, wether it´s accurate or not because he does not know/care, but his reviews, apart from the lack of "science" are very detailed and show the figures really well. But the main reason to watch his channel is because he always get the figures a bit earlier that the official release(Because they give him samples, like a lot of you have said) so you can take a good look at them before going to a store or order it online. Besides that I like his review style and actitude.

Arul

Did each box put randomly by rebor in the package ? I really want to have blue and female jp raptor. My plan is to only buy 2 box which is located in center (blue) and the left side in lowest row (female jp raptor). Do you think it will work ? Lol  ;D

Sim

Quote from: Dobber on March 02, 2016, 12:44:45 PM
That is why I dislike the practice of sending free sample to reviewers. It will automatically give a skewed review because the reviewer doesn't want to offend the company that is giving them free things.

Chris

I know a small number of Dinosaur Toy Blog reviews are of figures that were sent as free samples, and those reviews were still objective and mention flaws.  I think just giving good reviews in order to keep getting free stuff is very unpleasant, I imagine this happens in some places at least.

On a different note, I was on the Dinosaur Toy Lines section of the forum when I noticed the most recent post in the Rebor section was in "Re: Rebor: 1/6 Scale Vel...", and I thought Rebor had announced a Velociraptor figure, remembering they had mentioned planning a Protoceratops vs Velociraptor.  I had completely forgotten about their JP "Velociraptors"...  Imagine my disappointment when I saw it was this thread...  I would be so happy if the made-up JP franchise Velociraptors would be left to the JP franchise where they belong, instead of being treated like real animals by other companies.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: