News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

AcroSauroTaurus's artwork

Started by AcroSauroTaurus, January 19, 2016, 02:59:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AcroSauroTaurus

Thanks!
Jianianhualong tengi
I am the Dinosaur King!

AcroSauroTaurus

Nakonanectes bradti
I am the Dinosaur King!

AcroSauroTaurus

Bonapartesaurus rionegrensis

Mystacodon selenensis
I am the Dinosaur King!

Reptilia

I love how you choose so frequently obscure genera for your drawings.

Jose S.M.

I really like your work, it's always a pleasure seeing this thread updates.

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Reptilia on June 22, 2017, 08:17:20 PM
I love how you choose so frequently obscure genera for your drawings.

Yah, how much Tyrannosaurus artwork is there? ::) I prefer to draw the obscure species since theres already so much artwork of the popular species. However, I happen to be working on a popular species right now...
I am the Dinosaur King!

AcroSauroTaurus

Spinosaurus aegyptiacus
I am the Dinosaur King!

Simon

Gorgeous drawing!  I like it!

Kaprosaurus

Is the spinosaurus stylized? I'm pretty sure those spikes is not present in spinosaurus' anatomy.Otherwise,your art is gorgeous! I wish i can draw as well as you do.

Reptilia

We know very little of Spinosaurus anatomy, so basically any reconstruction must be heavily stylized and speculative. By the way this is a pretty cool stylization, did you take inspiration from the Papo Baryonyx? More popular species now!

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Reptilia on June 27, 2017, 07:53:35 PM
We know very little of Spinosaurus anatomy, so basically any reconstruction must be heavily stylized and speculative. By the way this is a pretty cool stylization, did you take inspiration from the Papo Baryonyx? More popular species now!

Yes the spikes are speculative, I basically combined the "old" Spino and the "new" Spino, since the "new" Spino fossils are still under debate about whether they're actually from Spinosaurus. No inspiration, thats just how I draw spinosaurs. ;) And I already have an obscure species in progress right now, but I'm thinking about redrawing Stegosaurus.
I am the Dinosaur King!

AcroSauroTaurus

Yehuecauhceratops mudei redrawn after a new skeletal was published last year giving it a frill shape oddly similar to the "Ava" ceratopsian specimen.(but still with the dip in the middle)
I am the Dinosaur King!

Kaprosaurus

It looks amazing,but what materials do you use to draw,i do my drawings in pencil,but after a few days they fade out.

AcroSauroTaurus

I use a 0.5 mechanical pencil, been using the same pencil for over 4 years now. ;)
I am the Dinosaur King!

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

AcroSauroTaurus

The Aldama Ceratopsian
I am the Dinosaur King!

Mamasaurus

What I truly find impressive is how quickly you complete these drawings.  Always something new here to see, and almost every time an obscure species I've never heard of. Thank you for sharing! :D

Images copyrite to Mamasaurus

AcroSauroTaurus

Masiakasaurus knopfleri
I am the Dinosaur King!

Reptilia

Nice artwork, as usual. Now that I've seen Corythoraptor I think that I'd like to see an oviraptorid from you.

AcroSauroTaurus

I have Corythoraptor cued up, but since its Shark Week, I'll be drawing prehistoric sharks.  ;)
Starting with Helicoprion bessonowi
I am the Dinosaur King!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: