News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

AcroSauroTaurus's artwork

Started by AcroSauroTaurus, January 19, 2016, 02:59:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Lanthanotus on March 04, 2018, 08:41:15 PM
Beautiful in all its rawness... I especially like the shading in the tail on this one.

I know from the first photos in the thread that those were drawn on paper with pencil, you still do it this way or draw on a some sketching device?

Yep, still 0.5 mechanical pencil on paper, although I have a digital piece in progress though.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Reptilia

Wonderful croc, it's the perfect kind of animal to make your care for detail stand out. I love how fat and heavy looks that tail. You should draw comics, maybe trying something of your own involving prehistoric animals?

AcroSauroTaurus

Digital sketch portrait of a generic spinosaurid. Maybe Siamosaurus since its skull isn't known.
I am the Dinosaur King!

AcroSauroTaurus

Ornithoprion hertwigi
I am the Dinosaur King!

Reptilia

I see you're quite good with the digital medium too!

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Reptilia on March 10, 2018, 08:52:17 PM
I see you're quite good with the digital medium too!

I would say decent, I'm not the best by any means, but I'm decent at it.

Muzquizopteryx coahuilensis
I am the Dinosaur King!

AcroSauroTaurus

Cotylorhynchus romeri

Sinodelphys szalayi

Leptocleidus capensis
I am the Dinosaur King!

AcroSauroTaurus

Jinyunpelta sinensis

Keichousaurus hui

Caihong juji

Diprotodon opatum

Cycnorhamphus suevicus
I am the Dinosaur King!

Jose S.M.

Excellent job as usual. I didn't knew about that ankylosaur, it looks great and interesting, now I wanted done in plastic form  :)) also the pattern of the Cycnorhamphus crest is very cool.

AcroSauroTaurus

Ascendonanus nestleri

Udanoceratops tschizhovi

Diplocaulus salamandroides

Gigantspinosaurus sichuanensis

Eolambia caroljonesa

Phenacodus primaevus
I am the Dinosaur King!

Lanthanotus

That Gigantspinosaurus is awesome. I recently got the CollectA figure and its a great one, but a figure made from your sketch would make me a happy collector :D

Reptilia

Wow! What's the inspiration behind your Diplocaulus? It looks fantastic, and very plausible too.

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Lanthanotus on March 23, 2018, 09:52:56 PM
That Gigantspinosaurus is awesome. I recently got the CollectA figure and its a great one, but a figure made from your sketch would make me a happy collector :D

I'm working on sculpts for a figure line I'll be starting soon, and Gigantspinosaurus is one of the species. You can check the "Cretaceous Collectables" thread in the "Dinosaur Toy Lines" section.

Quote from: Reptilia on March 23, 2018, 10:00:26 PM
Wow! What's the inspiration behind your Diplocaulus? It looks fantastic, and very plausible too.

Wobbegong. ;)
I am the Dinosaur King!

Reptilia

Oh, I see it! Great idea!

AcroSauroTaurus

Bothriolepis canadensis

Centrosaurus apertus

Ceratosaurus dentisulcatus

Geikia elginensis

Kaikaifilu hervei
I am the Dinosaur King!

Reptilia

The Ceratosaurus is super cool! What's the poor theropod in its jaws?

Halichoeres

Geikia looks like the result of aliens selectively breeding dicynodonts. Like the Permian equivalent of a pug.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Reptilia on April 03, 2018, 01:19:37 PM
The Ceratosaurus is super cool! What's the poor theropod in its jaws?

The head of an Allosaurus fragilis. All you see is Allosaurus killing Ceratosaurus, so I drew the opposite. After all, sometimes the Hyena kills the Lion. ;)
I am the Dinosaur King!

Reptilia

It must have feasted with an unfortunate juvenile then. Two of my top five theropods, great artwork.

AcroSauroTaurus

Yutyrannus huali

Oviraptor philoceratops

Nyctosaurus gracilis
I am the Dinosaur King!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: