News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kaiyodo 2016 Dino Festival figure set of four

Started by brettnj, February 09, 2016, 10:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brettnj

Hey.

My source sent this photo and IDs the figures as t-rex, spino, (young) parasaurolophus, and yi-qi.

The set releases next month and my source will visit the venue to collect these, so please e-mail (or request my e-mail address via PM and then e-mail) ASAP if interested.

I won't know prices until they are in hand as it depends upon what the machines distribute, how many we'll have to buy on YAJ to supplement/complete sets, how many spares we have, etc.

Most of my established buyers don't even ask me about price when they pre-order, knowing that I virtually always beat eBay prices and often by a huge percentage, so anyone new might want to ask others here rather than me about the viability of pre-ordering without prices being disclosed.

Thanks.

SBell

Quote from: brettnj on February 09, 2016, 10:24:43 PM
Hey.

My source sent this photo and IDs the figures as t-rex, spino, (young) parasaurolophus, and yi-qi.

The set releases next month and my source will visit the venue to collect these, so please PM ASAP if interested.  Figures will surely cost more later.

Thanks.
Brett

I was really hoping it would be a set I wouldn't want any part of...you'll be hearing from me (but just for one...okay, two)!

CityRaptor

As expected, it contains T.rex in addition to Spinosaurus. A juvenile Parasaurolophus is pretty nice. That has to be the most accurate juvenile Para so far. And then there is Yi!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

stargatedalek

My apologies, I sent a PM before you edited asking for a price. I suppose I'll just have to be patient and hope to get one in my next order. Not comfortable committing without knowing the price (especially with a pre-existing order).

Takama

Georassic

SBell

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 10, 2016, 12:32:44 AM
My apologies, I sent a PM before you edited asking for a price. I suppose I'll just have to be patient and hope to get one in my next order. Not comfortable committing without knowing the price (especially with a pre-existing order).

I've been in this for over 20 years (!). To be honest, Brett has had about as good of prices as any. Most of the time, if you don't pick up Kaiyodo dinos in their initial run, they will only go higher in price. It is sometimes possible to find deals...but not sure where. Especially Expo figures.

Unfortunately, Kaiyodo's model of very short-term releases means that we all have to kind of jump right away--or pay a lot more later!

Just to say, I'm not shilling for Brett--more, I don't think there's a person here that hasn't paid way more later, for something that was possible at the beginning! It's the nature of the hobby.

postsaurischian

ceratopsian

They do look very appealing - and especially good to see the Yi.  I've registered my desire for three - not for the T-rex though.  It's not that I dislike it, just that I don't want too many more of this species in my collection hogging space!

Carnosaur

brettnj

Libraraptor

stargatedalek

Quote from: SBell on February 10, 2016, 04:49:05 AM
Quote from: stargatedalek on February 10, 2016, 12:32:44 AM

I've been in this for over 20 years (!). To be honest, Brett has had about as good of prices as any. Most of the time, if you don't pick up Kaiyodo dinos in their initial run, they will only go higher in price. It is sometimes possible to find deals...but not sure where. Especially Expo figures.

Unfortunately, Kaiyodo's model of very short-term releases means that we all have to kind of jump right away--or pay a lot more later!

Just to say, I'm not shilling for Brett--more, I don't think there's a person here that hasn't paid way more later, for something that was possible at the beginning! It's the nature of the hobby.
Indeed such are the risks one takes in waiting, but it's better than making an inconvenience of myself.

brettnj

Megalosaurus

Is confirmed that the spinosaurus is a exclusive for the reserved tickets? Or will be available as the others?
I ask because I want to know if it will be rarer or cost most than the others.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

SBell

Quote from: Megalosaurus on February 11, 2016, 06:42:43 PM
Is confirmed that the spinosaurus is a exclusive for the reserved tickets? Or will be available as the others?
I ask because I want to know if it will be rarer or cost most than the others.

Somewhere here it was mentioned that it is one of the 4 capsule figures...but apparently it will be the gift with the ticket purchase as well. Maybe there will be some kind of variation? If there's one thing that Kaiyodo loves, it's multiple paint versions.

Flaffy

brettnj

I'd beat the eBay price, as I virtually always do.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.