News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Zopteryx's Collection [Update 9/27/12]

Started by ZoPteryx, March 13, 2012, 11:41:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZoPteryx

I had a thread on my collection before, and then another one; so hopefully this is the last one. :D 

I'll start with some of the figures I'm most proud of, the WWD Postosuchus, Leallynasaurs, and Utahraptor.  I was fortunate enough to live near a store that sold these; if I had known how valuable they would become, I would have bought more!

Next are some Playvision Marine Reptiles: Mosasaurus & Mixosaurs.  I used to have the Metriorhychus too, but it got lost during a move. :(

I nearly sold these Battats at a garage sale when I was younger, thank goodness I changed my mind!  They are the Amargasaurus, mini Dilophosaurus, & mini Gallimimus.

Finally, my complete collection of Prehistoric Panorama figures.  They're the closest thing I own to those wonderful little Japanese figures! ;D

More to come...  :)

ZoPteryx

We'll start with the somewhat silly this time, Chinasaurs and kin!
Some of these could be rare, but I rather doubt it.

Now for JP figures.  I've lost any and all people and other stuff that might have come with the dinos though. :-\

And since it's sort of like an action figure, The Resaurus Giganotosaurus.

ZoPteryx

Now for the more conventional toy lines.

We'll start with Safari:

Minis and Tube Figures:

Wild Safari, Dinos of China, and others.  Why are there dragons here. ???

And of course, the Carnegie Collection.

Oh, and these are made by Safari right? Sue Field Museum Torosaurus & Anatotitan.

ZoPteryx

Last of the conventional lines:

As you may see, I'm not a huge Schleich collector.  But then again, what would we do without those convenient little Hans measuring sticks! ;D

CollectA.  This photo is in serious need of an update!

Papo, including "Sticky" the Spinosaurus.  Can you guess how he got his name?

And finally, good old Bullyland.

I think I'm going to give the photo posting a break for now, but updates will posted eventually. ;D  Thanks for viewing! :D

Oh, and in case you were wondering, my collection is not a permanent resident of my floor! ;)

brontodocus

Impressive collection, Zopteryx! I love your Prehistoric Panorama figures. :)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Takama

I gotta say, I feel sorry for Sticky.

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Takama on March 18, 2012, 02:32:29 AM
I gotta say, I feel sorry for Sticky.

Yeah, but he's got friends now.  My CollectA Paraceratherium & Safari V-raptor have gone "sticky" as well recently.  I have no clue why. ???

Lio99

Thundercharge

You've got a great collection  ;)

Click sig for my collection! :)

ZoPteryx

Thanks for the kind words everyone! :D

Thought I'd show you what my collection looks like in its "natural habitat". ;)

Here's the three shelves were some of my favorite figures go.

Bottom Shelf: Non-dinos

Middle Shelf: Smaller dinos

Top Shelf: Big dinos.  I hope the new Carnegie Brachiosaurus will join this bunch soon! ;D

ZoPteryx

Now for the shelf below my freshwater aquarium, home to many mid-sized & small figures.  Because of this, it is rapidly filling up with CollectAs.  You'll probably notice new figures not in my original photos.

Left side

Middle

Right side

Whoever can count them all, gets to tell me how many there are.  Seriously, I have no clue! :o

ZoPteryx

And finally, the shelf below my saltwater aquarium.  This is where the big boys go. ;)

In conclusion, all three areas of shelving are overrun with figures! :D
Especially since many of the figures not present in these photos (JPs, Chinasaurs, etc) are tucked away in box somewhere!

Tylosaurus

I love that Kaprosuchus Saharicus aka "Bull Croc" you got there:

That's the one from Papo right?

Gwangi

Quote from: Tylosaurus on March 21, 2012, 08:12:37 PM
I love that Kaprosuchus Saharicus aka "Bull Croc" you got there:

That's the one from Papo right?

Safari makes the Kaprosuchus. I need to get me one of those.

Thanks for sharing your figures in their natural habitat, I'm always curious how people display their models.

Thundercharge

Great displays! Especially your wall shelves :)

Click sig for my collection! :)

Tylosaurus

Ah thanks Gwangi :) I get them brands mixed up sometimes hehe, it looks good btw that Karpo :)

amargasaurus cazaui

The Field house Torosaurs and Anotitan were originally offered as box sets, each with a different version of Sue included. I recognize the figures. I wonder if they were sold seperately at the museum as well. I know I purchased both box sets from the original sculpter on ebay back several years ago. He was selling his copy of the Battat Stegosaurus and I won it, which opened a discussion leading to my purchase of those two sets as well. Great figures and starting to become in demand
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

ZoPteryx

I've only ever seen them in stores as a box set.  But the ones I got online came in individual bags. ???

Roselaar

Excellent collection!  :) I can relate to Sticky, my Papo Spinosaurus feels gooey too. Sucks...  :-\

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Roselaar on June 08, 2012, 02:44:45 PM
Excellent collection!  :) I can relate to Sticky, my Papo Spinosaurus feels gooey too. Sucks...  :-\

You know for the longest time I never had that problem with my Paposaurs... until now. While cleaning and moving figures, I discovered that my Papo allo have developed that sticky disease that seems to afflict some Paposaurus! I wonder what causes it, all the others don't seem to have it... yet *yuck*

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: