News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Scale Ceratopsian Fridge Magnet Head Busts

Started by joossa, February 26, 2016, 06:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

empire3569

Quote from: Victoria B on March 07, 2016, 06:34:44 AM
Quote from: Viking Spawn on March 07, 2016, 05:37:55 AM
Still waiting for allosaurus.... "sigh."

I wonder if they replaced Allosaurus with Carnotaurus.

Time wise maybe, but I still think they will produce an Allosaurus; it is supposed to be part of the ceratosaurus diorama, and Carnotaurus would be out of place, plus I remember back in the "general discussion" thread when rebor threatened to quit and destroy all their prototype sculptures they mentioned both Allosaurus and Carnotaurus. I'm sure the timeline of the two just got rearranged, with the Allo being bumped back. They seem like they have ADHD with the way they tease a product, and then change the production timeline. I would have bet money that the male triceratops would be next, and then Allosaurus, but I guess not. Plus the stegosaurus, deinonychus trio,  and mosasaurus, which all have not been mentioned lately either but teased a while ago

Viking Spawn

I do recall that.  Let's hope their original idea for their dio hasn't changed.  I love to see a Rebor Allo!

LophoLeeVT

wait- there is a teaser of the mosasaurus? i only heard of it. :o
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Albertosaurus

I wonder why people is talking here about stuff that has nothing to do with the ceratopsian fridge magnets...
Back to topic. Please.

I am afraid that they killed this line. I was quite excited about it. Maybe they can still change the magnet idea,which wasn't very popular, for full busts with bases. That would be lovely.

Erwinonychus

Quote from: Albertosaurus on July 25, 2016, 02:01:53 PM
I wonder why people is talking here about stuff that has nothing to do with the ceratopsian fridge magnets...
Back to topic. Please.

I am afraid that they killed this line. I was quite excited about it. Maybe they can still change the magnet idea,which wasn't very popular, for full busts with bases. That would be lovely.

That's what we said earlier about other projects as well (f.e. the mosasaur fossil replica). Until now, everything they revealed in 2015 came out.
Just wait for it, it will come in time :).

tanystropheus

Quote from: Erwinonychus on July 25, 2016, 03:53:38 PM
Back to topic. Please.

That's what we said earlier about other projects as well (f.e. the mosasaur fossil replica). Until now, everything they revealed in 2015 came out.
Just wait for it, it will come in time :).

I think the Y-Rex v.2 is conspicuously missing.

joossa

Back to topic. Please.

These are due to be available summer, 2016 and summer is not over yet.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Tim

I think this product line was a joke from the beginning.  The trike and styraco are coming as full figures.  The proto has been mentioned at 1:35 scale with a Velociraptor.

tanystropheus

Since a Tri and Styraco will be coming out, they will probably utilize the already made head sculpts from the fridge magnets.

Takama

Can we all agree that this was a big joke from the start :))

Reptilia

Quite possibly. That's why it would be better to wait for a product to be fully announced instead of starting a thread everytime they post a picture on Facebook.

Cephalopod

Ink ink ink, cephalopods don't stink... so does their ink. I think.

BRONSON

At the end of the day its their company and why shouldnt they produce what they want to make, they seem to be a small group of artists more than mass producers, if you are buying a piece of art from an artist you buy it because you like it, no one tells them what they should be doing, if I had my own company and people were criticising what I made all the time I think I would get a bit peed off after a while, you either like what they do or dont buy it, for the 100's who dont like something there will be many more who do, they aint my cup of tea but I think they look different and well presented and no one else makes anything like this or this quality, I like snippets of information from them or tasters, its a good way of them showing what they are capable of, and testing the water for any potential future releases, keep teasing us Rebor I love it  ^-^

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: BRONSON on January 13, 2019, 02:04:35 PM
At the end of the day its their company and why shouldnt they produce what they want to make, they seem to be a small group of artists more than mass producers, if you are buying a piece of art from an artist you buy it because you like it, no one tells them what they should be doing, if I had my own company and people were criticising what I made all the time I think I would get a bit peed off after a while, you either like what they do or dont buy it, for the 100's who dont like something there will be many more who do, they aint my cup of tea but I think they look different and well presented and no one else makes anything like this or this quality, I like snippets of information from them or tasters, its a good way of them showing what they are capable of, and testing the water for any potential future releases, keep teasing us Rebor I love it  ^-^

Agreed, don't know what these fridge magnets are, probably long gone by now but I think the same way about the criticism revolving around Rebor. On one hand you have the same people who praise Mattel toys yet complain about Rebor's jp dinos, makes no sense considering Rebor has the better sculpt and quality and is an actual model not a toy for a very good price compared to CC or resin kits.

But I think alot of people on here are mostly disappointed with these last few years due to the lack of diversity in their releases I mean we did just go through a raptor phase and we going through a Rex one now. I think people know they have potential to be one of the best dinosaur company but wanna see the Allosaurus, Yuty v2 and king trident and so many more make it to see the light of day as well and it's been years so I understand the frustration

MLMjp

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on January 13, 2019, 03:04:29 PM
Agreed, don't know what these fridge magnets are, probably long gone by now but I think the same way about the criticism revolving around Rebor. On one hand you have the same people who praise Mattel toys yet complain about Rebor's jp dinos, makes no sense considering Rebor has the better sculpt and quality and is an actual model not a toy for a very good price compared to CC or resin kits.
S @Syndicate Bias people praise Mattel toys because they are OFFCIAL, LICENSED toys, meanwhile REBOR, instead of doing it´s own thing, just copies Jurassic Park dinosaurs (Not always of course). Sculpt and detail are not the important thing here. People are getting tired of companies always using Jurassic Park as inspiration instead of doing their own thing, that's why Rebor has received such complainings. Mattel on the other hand, is making Jurassic Park/World dinosaurs because they have an agreement with Universal that gives them the rights to make Jurassic Park/World merchandise.

Mattel should be the only company making Jurassic park/World inspired dinosaurs because they are supposed to do them. Other companies should stop copying Jurassic Park/World when making dinosaurs.

BRONSON

At the end of the day the dinosaur is not ©, no one owns the looks to it, and no one was around when they were alive so a lot of it is guess work, all my mates call me Bronson, because he looks like me, yes he 'look's like me, I say that because I am older than him so I was here first, but I dont complain about it, its fine for these Chinese companies to make cheap rubbish knock offs of everything from motorbikes, designer clothes to plastic dinosaurs and then people go and buy them because they are cheaper, but if someone else takes someones design and makes it far far better and charges more for the hard work and high quality then that isnt deemed ok  ;)
I went to a motorbike show recently at the NEC, there was knockoff cheap copies of japanese and italian motorbikes there, now you would think they would be illegal, but as long as there is (I think) 3 or more differences then they are able to do it, as long as no one uses the logo or copyrighted designs and there is slight differences then that is allowed, I have a bad back, sometimes I stand like I am pregnant, I think all these young new mums should pay me for copying my stance lol

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.