News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanuqsaurus' steadily improving collection

Started by Nanuqsaurus, March 07, 2016, 07:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

Great display! Looks really neat and organized.

Beegfood

Like your collection, getting better and better, simi,ar to mine! >:D

But wait, did I just see a Beast of the Mesozoic Raptor right there?!
Ohh, this is unfair, I cant order them anywhere in Germany... :'(

-Beegfood

Shonisaurus

I like how well organized the Nanuqsaurus figures are, apart from this they have current animals (fortunately for now existing in nature and in zoos). I congratulate you on your new showcase. Nice collection.

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: Beegfood on April 25, 2018, 04:51:11 PM
Like your collection, getting better and better, simi,ar to mine! >:D

But wait, did I just see a Beast of the Mesozoic Raptor right there?!
Ohh, this is unfair, I cant order them anywhere in Germany... :'(

-Beegfood

Oh yeah, I posted that one in the ''Recent Acquisitions'' thread, so I didn't really think it'd be useful to post it again here too. I can tell you, it was quite an adventure to get one here in the Netherlands too, but with many thanks to Halichoeres it's finally here! ;D

ceratopsian

Nice shelves!  You will be surprised how quickly any spaces summon new occupants.

DragonRider02

Wow awesome looking Collection! I wish I had enough space in my room to buy some shelves and display my figures like this...
And I am So jelous about that Beast of the Mesozoic Raptor! I really want one they're So pretty! I even started to take Commissions on DA to get some money and buy one Raptor on Ebay but... Nobody wants to Commission me.

PhilSauria

Looks very neat indeed! Wish mine was that well organized. Need to go and haunt the furniture stores for some decent shelves. Nature abhors a vacuum so you will be surprised at how quickly any spare space will fill up, particularly if the major brands continue to release as many figures as they have been doing lately.

Bokisaurus

Wonderful, always nice to have some space to display ones collection ^-^

Roselaar

Improving indeed! Some lovely new additions, a far cry from your start as just a Schleich collector.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Nanuqsaurus

Thanks everyone! :)

Here are some new figures I got from Everything Dinosaur this week. :D

Safari Microraptor, it's much bigger than I expected, especially for something with ''micro'' in the name!  :P

Safari Regaliceratops:

Papo Cryolophosaurus:

Shonisaurus

Nanuqsaurus are beautiful figures the microraptor, Safari regaliceratops and Papo cryolophosaurus. I congratulate you on your new acquisitions, they are two of the best companies in the toy market, both Safari and Papo.

Patrx

Nice photos! Almost makes me want to go out and buy the Papo Cryolophosaurus.

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: Patrx on May 14, 2018, 04:16:06 PM

It's a stunning figure. I can understand that the pose is not everyone's taste, but the detailed sculpt and amazing paint application make up for it.  :) And the pose isn't that bad when you see it in person, it's probably meant to be temporarily rearing up, and not the animal's default stance. Besides, it's not really a tripod either, as it can stand on both legs without the tail touching the ground. So I'd say it's a nice figure to have, especially since Cryolophosaurus is not a very well represented genus in toy form.

Patrx

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on May 14, 2018, 07:25:02 PM
Quote from: Patrx on May 14, 2018, 04:16:06 PM

It's a stunning figure. I can understand that the pose is not everyone's taste, but the detailed sculpt and amazing paint application make up for it.  :) And the pose isn't that bad when you see it in person, it's probably meant to be temporarily rearing up, and not the animal's default stance. Besides, it's not really a tripod either, as it can stand on both legs without the tail touching the ground. So I'd say it's a nice figure to have, especially since Cryolophosaurus is not a very well represented genus in toy form.

Hmm, it's not so much the pose that's given me pause, just the overall look - very '90s and all that  ;D

Nanuqsaurus

Three new figures! I'm starting to notice a pattern here, it seems I almost always order three figures. I'm not sure why, but three is a nice number! :D I'm also starting to notice it's a lot of Safari lately... :P I'm trying to expand a bit more on the mammals, and Safari makes a lot of good ones, so I guess that's why!

Safari Anzu:

Safari Hyaenadon:

Safari Megatherium, including the ultimate display branch I found by accident in the backyard! It can grip it, stand on it, and it just fits perfectly. The branch almost feels like part of the set! ;D

Shonisaurus

Nanuqsaurus both the hyaenodon and the Safari anzu are two of my favorite figures and do not have to envy any brand of expensive collection. They are two detailed figures.

The megatherium is one of the prehistoric mammals of Safari but honestly I like more the one of the company Bullyland sadly disappeared.

My congratulations Nanuqsaurus for your new acquisitions.

Halichoeres

Three is a good number. I used to buy them in fours, just because I like multiples of four. That lichen-covered branch looks pretty good! I wonder if some of the lichens will lose their color if they stay indoors.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 20, 2018, 06:28:19 PM
Three is a good number. I used to buy them in fours, just because I like multiples of four. That lichen-covered branch looks pretty good! I wonder if some of the lichens will lose their color if they stay indoors.

To be honest, the lichens changing color isn't really my biggest concern, but all the sand and dirt from that branch sure makes cleaning my shelves a lot more work! :P

Anyway, here's (again) three new figures for my collection! :) And surprise! One of them isn't a Safari! Two mammals this time, and one dinosaur. All three are splendid looking figures, and I'm glad to have them. As always, thanks to Everything Dinosaur for the friendly service and fast delivery!  ^-^

Safari Macrauchenia:

Safari Ankylosaurus:

Eofauna Palaeoloxodon:

Nanuqsaurus

I got a few new figures a while ago, which I hadn't posted here yet. A few days ago, I got two more when celebrating the Dutch holiday Sinterklaas, so this seems like a good moment to post them all in one go.

Safari Smilodon and Safari American Mastodon:

Safari Amargasaurus:

Papo Therizinosaurus and Papo Baryonyx:

All of them are stunning figures! The Smilodon and Therizinosaurus are replacements for their rather monsterous Schleich counterparts. They're a huge improvement I'd say! :D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: