News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanuqsaurus' steadily improving collection

Started by Nanuqsaurus, March 07, 2016, 07:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

Nice figures, the Sauropelta is one of my favorite of Safari.

Nanuqsaurus

Since I'm done with school, I decided to get rid of all the books and other school related stuff on my shelf. A perfect place to move my collection to!

As you can see, it's arranged in the following order:
- Non-dinosaurus (pterosaurs, mammals and a lone Dimetrodon)
- Sauropods
- Theropods
- Ornithischia

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Nanuqsaurus

Some new Ornithischia for my collection! :)

Safari Diabloceratops:

Safari Vagaceratops:

CollectA Dacentrurus:

The ceratopsian line-up is starting to look pretty good! :D

Nanuqsaurus

Again three new additions! I'm not Safari-addicted. I swear I'm not. O:-)

Doedicurus:

Tylosaurus:

Kronosaurus:

Nanuqsaurus

Yesterday the low sun casted some nice looking shadows of my old Schleichs (and other figures) on the wall, thought it would be cool to take a picture of it!

ceratopsian

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on January 09, 2018, 10:37:47 AM
Yesterday the low sun casted some nice looking shadows of my old Schleichs (and other figures) on the wall, thought it would be cool to take a picture of it!

That's a really good effect!

Fenestra

...Bad boys bad boys, watcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when they come for you...

Nanuqsaurus

What started as a completely Schleich collection is slowly being taken over by Safari... :P It got three new figures yesterday, all of them new Safari's. I think it's pretty safe to say this is my favorite brand to collect by now.

Megacerops, I didn't have a lot of mammals in my collection, but with all the new ones from Safari it seems that might change very soon. I'm really surprised by how much I love this one. It looks very realistic with nice skin detail, and the size is perfect for me.

Malawisaurus, this is only the sixth sauropod in my collection. It's not very large for a sauropod figure, but it's a nice sculpt and with an attractive color scheme.

Triceratops, this is exactly what I've been looking for. I had quite a few ceratopsians in my collection before, but I could never find a Trike I really liked, despite the fact that it's such a famous dinosaur. Most other figures of Triceratops are just a bit too cartoony, outdated or too small for my tastes, but this one is nearly perfect. It looks great along with the others! :)

And here's my current collection:

Shonisaurus

In the triceratops Safari I totally agree with you Nanuqsaurus. It is perhaps the best triceratops made to date in the toy market by any company.  ;)

Nanuqsaurus

Thanks Shonisaurus! :D Glad to hear that other people also like that figure! It's good Safari made it, I desperately needed something like that in my collection! :))

I recently got three new figures from Everything Dinosaur! Because I love that Safari Megacerops so much, I decided that I needed more mammals in my collection. Luckily, Safari and other companies made a lot of new ones this year, so it is time to expand on that! So here's three new figures, including a new brand. :)

Safari Uintatherium:

Safari Daeodon:

And last but certainly not least, the Eofauna steppe mammoth!

Once again thanks to Everything Dinosaur for these lovely figures and fast delivery! :D

Shonisaurus

Fortunately Nanuqsaurus lately in recent years we have in the toy market very good luck in terms of the realization of prehistoric toy mammals, this year Safari has made great figures, and there are also words for the prehistoric mammals of Eofauna, both the mammoth Troghontheri as the Palaeoloxodon antiquus are works of art.  :)

I enjoy your collection and the rest of the DTF members.  ;)

Jose S.M.

Lovely photos you took, specially the Mammoth one. Your collection has improved so much  :)! I remember when you called it your "horrible Schleich  collection".

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on March 09, 2018, 06:38:11 PM
Lovely photos you took, specially the Mammoth one. Your collection has improved so much  :)! I remember when you called it your "horrible Schleich  collection".

Yeah funny thing is, I would defend Schleich when I first came to this forum, but it was mostly because other brands are hard to get here and I just didn't know better. :P Now Safari has become my favorite by far, but I do admit that Schleich can make very nice figures every now and then. But Safari has taken over the majority of my collection by now! :)

Thanks about the comment on the photos! :D Here is some... behind the scenes footage. It's not always easy to take good pics with cats around!

ceratopsian

I am not surprised the mammoth is bellowing given the cat's paw behind!  Nice photos.

Shonisaurus

It is a funny and funny photo of the three beauties of prehistoric mammals of Eofauna and Safari with that cat.  ;D

The photo was interpreted as if the uintatherium and the daeodon of Safari were facing the cat and the Mammoth trogontheri escaped the threat of the kitten.  :))

Jose S.M.

Yeah the Mammoth already knows how things go around cats  ;D

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Megalosaurus

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Nanuqsaurus

Okay, so no new figures this time, but still something new for the collection. It was starting to get get a bit crowded in my old display cabinet, so yeah, time for an upgrade! :) My modern Schleich animal collection, fossils, minerals, animal parts (I lack a better description) and figurines are also included, but there's still more than enough space for expansion!  :)) The lowest shelf in the middle includes my ''legacy collection'' of old Schleichs, which will soon pass on to my cousin, so there'll be another empty shelf there. I guess I have to get myself a few new figures soon to fill up all that empty space.  :P

My modern Schleich animals (including one sneaky Papo, good luck finding out which one):

I could post some pictures of my fossils and other stuff as well, but I don't know if that's very relevant or even interesting enough. :P

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: