News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanuqsaurus' steadily improving collection

Started by Nanuqsaurus, March 07, 2016, 07:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

I don't have the Papo one but it looks very detailed, the other two are very good, my favorite is the Nasutoceratops, it was one of the figures that started my collection!

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: Joe289 on October 12, 2016, 01:30:54 PM
I don't have the Papo one but it looks very detailed, the other two are very good, my favorite is the Nasutoceratops, it was one of the figures that started my collection!

The only flaw of the Papo Tupuxuara is that it lacks pycnofibres, but other than that it's very detailed for such a small figure!

Nanuqsaurus

Some new dinosaurs for my collection! :)

Papo Pachyrhinosaurus. One of my favorite ceratopsians! I know it shares some parts with the Papo Styracosaurus, but it's still a great figure and they look great together!

Safari Gastornis, wasn't really planning to buy this one, but I read on the forum that it's going out of production. And besides, I didn't have any birds in my collection yet!

CollectA Torvosaurus, absolutely love this one! Amazing dynamic pose and nice colors.

Nanuqsaurus

Here's a quick picture I took of my current main collection. The Schleich Allosaurus has been replaced with the Papo one, it has a special place on a different shelf, along with the other ''classics'' that have been retired from my main collection.

Neosodon

Is the black and white ceartopsian a repaint of shleich Torosarus?

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Nanuqsaurus

Neosodon

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on December 11, 2016, 07:26:02 PM
Quote from: Neosodon on December 11, 2016, 05:56:06 PM
Is the black and white ceartopsian a repaint of shleich Torosarus?

Yep, it is! :D There are some more pics here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4471.0
Well it sure looks a lot better than shleich's paint job. Unfortanaly that doesn't say to much but nice job, looks pretty cool. 8)

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Nanuqsaurus

Got two new figures last week! With the addition of only these two figures, my collection just became 500% better.

Safari feathered Tyrannosaurus:

Safari Einiosaurus:

And here they are together. Seriously love these two figures, as well as all other new Safari's for 2017 of course. Sadly I don't have the other new Safari's yet, but I'm gonna buy them all for sure!

My feathered tyrants all together:

And the ceratopsian squad:

Roselaar

Aren't they lovely? Can't wait to get them myself!

Killekor

Nanuqsaurus, I think it will be better if you change the title of this thread, because you're collecttion is not "somewhat horrible", is simply a good collection. You have many good models.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

BlueKrono

Being facetious and self-deprecating is a sign of a healthy sense of humor.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: Killekor on January 23, 2017, 11:27:14 AM
Nanuqsaurus, I think it will be better if you change the title of this thread, because you're collecttion is not "somewhat horrible", is simply a good collection. You have many good models.

Killekor

Yeah, it's supposed to be humor. You may have noticed the title of the thread changes now and then, because it started as a 100% Schleich collection, but it gets less horrible everytime a good figure is added to the collection. In a few years, it'll be called ''Nanuqsaurus' unbelievably splendid and superior collection of pure greatness.''

Killekor

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on January 23, 2017, 12:51:35 PM
Quote from: Killekor on January 23, 2017, 11:27:14 AM

Killekor

Yeah, it's supposed to be humor.

Ah!

You may have noticed the title of the thread changes now and then

Oh! Really?! I didn't know that!!!!

because it started as a 100% Schleich collection, but it gets less horrible everytime a good figure is added to the collection.

I'd started too with a schleich collection! Probably the 40-50% of the users of this forum started with them :)

In a few years, it'll be called ''Nanuqsaurus' unbelievably splendid and superior collection of pure greatness.''

Lol!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Nanuqsaurus

Three Safari's added to my collection. :)

Coelophysis:

Psitaccosaurus, has some trouble standing because of warped feet. Seems to be very common for these new 2017 figures.

Nigersaurus:

Although the Nigersaurus is not from Safari's new 2017 figures, it's still looks really great.

Roselaar

With acquisitions like that, your collection is fast improving. ;)

Nanuqsaurus

Normally I buy 2 or 3 dinosaurs each month, but because I didn't buy any for almost 2 months, I decided to buy 4 now as compensation. Well, most of them are very small figures, but I'm still happy with these new additions! :)

CollectA Metriacanthosaurus:

More feathered Tyrants! CollectA Xiangguanlong and Bistahieversor:

Safari Diplodocus:

Jose S.M.

Great ones! I have them all, well the Metria is on it's way

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on May 13, 2017, 11:18:06 PM
Great ones! I have them all, well the Metria is on it's way

The Metriacanthosaurus is really tiny, but I guess I'm just not used to CollectA size yet :P Still has great detail for such a small figure!

With all these recent additions, I'm starting to run out of space for my collection. So I had to reorganize a bit. This means that the two Schleich rexies are finally retiring from my main collection, which I was planning to do anyway because I have the Safari feathered Tyrannosaurus now. I have no room for that kind of scaly monstrosities anymore! >:D Feathered tyrants only in my collection!

Jose S.M.

That's a great shot of your tyrannosaurs!

Nanuqsaurus

More good stuff from Safari for my collection! :) Thanks to Everything Dinosaur for the fast and reliable delivery to The Netherlands!
My priority is replacing many of my ugly/outdated Schleich figures with better ones, mainly with Safari's and Papo's. I'm not going to replace all Schleich, because some are still very good (such as Kentrosaurus and Pentaceratops of course).

But first: a completely new addition! I didn't have any Nodosaurs in my collection yet, so here's the Safari Sauropelta. Amazing looking figure, very detailed and lifelike! :D

And as replacement for the Schleich Quetzalcoatlus... the Safari Quetzalcoatlus! What a surprise! ;D

Last but definitely not least: Giganotosaurus! The weird orange Schleich Giga was starting to become a thorn in the eye, so it was time for some good replacement. And of course Safari delivers with this absolutelty freakin' wonderful figure. Really one of my favorites. Very dynamic pose, nice sculpt and paintjob, and there's a lot of weight to the figure which I really like. It looks just frightning but also natural and lifelike. Very happy to have this one in my collection! :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: