News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brolyss4

Quote from: Ceratosaurus on May 20, 2019, 06:35:12 PM
Quote from: Brolyss4 on May 20, 2019, 06:31:31 PM
Quote from: Takama on May 20, 2019, 04:30:16 PM
Stegosaurus is now in stock at Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S3VHY3P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Thank you.  17.6 cm long is a totally disappointing size, it should be 25 cm long for a full grown stegosaurus, it is like 1/50 scale or a very young specimen for 1/35. Honestly I expected a bigger figure. Still looks beautiful

This new line isn't meant to be 1/35. I believe most of the figures in this line will be a comparable size to one another no matter the scale.

I don't see how this tiny 17.5 cm stegosaurus will scale with the much bigger 1/30 23+ cm long ankylosaurus, or both of them with the actual 1/35 Yangchuanosaurus and Chungkingosaurus, none of them scale with each other well. Disappointed in this scale subject with PNSO, still bought all of them.

Brolyss4

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on May 20, 2019, 08:01:32 PM
My interest in the Giganotosaurus is waning by the day, not sure it's the must have I had initially expected.

Same here, small head, weird hip curve, smaller than expected (not 1/35) + all the issues mentioned by Shonisaurus, I'll stay with my EoFauna Giga as the Vitae never appealed to me.

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: Brolyss4 on May 20, 2019, 08:56:42 PM
I don't see how this tiny 17.5 cm stegosaurus will scale with the much bigger 1/30 23+ cm long ankylosaurus, or both of them with the actual 1/35 Yangchuanosaurus and Chungkingosaurus, none of them scale with each other well. Disappointed in this scale subject with PNSO, still bought all of them.

I do agree I'm more interested in the "1/35 museum scientific art" line than the "accompany your growth" line but you are paying more for it.
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Takama

Quote from: Brolyss4 on May 20, 2019, 06:31:31 PM
Quote from: Takama on May 20, 2019, 04:30:16 PM
Stegosaurus is now in stock at Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S3VHY3P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Thank you.  17.6 cm long is a totally disappointing size, it should be 25 cm long for a full grown stegosaurus, it is like 1/50 scale or a very young specimen for 1/35. Honestly I expected a bigger figure. Still looks beautiful

Its not a part of there So Called 1:35 Scale line. instead its a part of a new smaller scale collection, with models that are equil in size.

KeU

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on May 20, 2019, 08:01:32 PM
My interest in the Giganotosaurus is waning by the day, not sure it's the must have I had initially expected.
Not even shots like these to convince you otherwise?

Quote from: Brolyss4 on May 20, 2019, 09:00:01 PM
Same here, small head, weird hip curve, smaller than expected (not 1/35) + all the issues mentioned by Shonisaurus, I'll stay with my EoFauna Giga as the Vitae never appealed to me.
It does have a small head and weird hip twist.
But I will argue that it is too small at 1/35.
Lucas measures 41cm along the curves, making him more than 14m at 1/35 scale in real life.
No Giganotosaurus ever found was that big.
And Lucas seems larger than the other 1/35 Giganotosaurus like Safari and EoFauna.
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6129319618

Ceratosaurus

I agree that Giganotosaurus definitely fits between 1/30-1/35 for scale. About an inch longer than the Eofauna.
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Concavenator

avatar_Patrx @Patrx , since you probably know more than me, could you tell which Ankylosaurus is more accurate, Safari's , or this new PNSO version?

Also, avatar_Dromaenychus @Dromaenychus ( or anyone else who already has the Ankylosaurus ), is it hollow or is it solid?

KeU

Quote from: KeU on May 20, 2019, 07:06:23 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 20, 2019, 03:05:04 PM
I just got the giganotosaurus "Lucio" from Amazon and I can say that it has serious stability problems with the base. Without the base it can be kept for an acceptable time standing up but with the base it falls over and over again from my bedside table. On the other hand, this giganotosaurus is beautiful but not perfect. Its closed jaw gives it an aspect that does not convince me, on the other hand, the articulated jaw is very weak. Honestly the size can not be said to be exceptional as its counterpart Vitae and I honestly expected something better from this figure.
I would lie on my part if I said something different from the one mentioned and you know that I say it considering the respect for the company and the sculptor and the members of the forum, its base is not as spectacular as that of the PNSO spinosaurus. Honestly I like more the PNSO spinosaurus and even the tyrannosaurus of the same brand (old and new version of paint) than this giganotosaurus.
There should be little marks on the base where the right foot claws fit into.
It will improve the stability of Lucas on the base. But not by much.
I will take some photos on how the right foot should fit in when I get home.
Here are the closeups of the base that comes with Lucas and how the right feet claws should fit in.

Hope the pictures help with making Lucas a wee bit more stable.

Toasaurus

Quote from: Concavenator on May 20, 2019, 10:13:29 PM
avatar_Patrx @Patrx , since you probably know more than me, could you tell which Ankylosaurus is more accurate, Safari's , or this new PNSO version?

Also, avatar_Dromaenychus @Dromaenychus ( or anyone else who already has the Ankylosaurus ), is it hollow or is it solid?
its solid but there is a seem on the underbelly

gfxtwin

Pics of the Stego are up:

EDIT: Fixed (I think)

Shonisaurus

avatar_gfxtwin @gfxtwin I do not see the PNSO stegosaurus in those links.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Ceratosaurus @Ceratosaurus Thanks now I visualize them. I see that the figure is small, but it is at the same time very beautiful. I hope that the PNSO Museum line makes a scale of its spinosaurus and giganotosaurus in quality and size. However, this version of this line is very well sculpted. Very suitable figure for a collector like me.

cooksonia

Don't like that Stegosaurus

Flaffy

While the Safari stegosaurus 2019 has better proportions, the PNSO one looks much better simply due to a far better paint scheme

Fenestra

Quote from: Flaffy on May 21, 2019, 05:25:43 PM
While the Safari stegosaurus 2019 has better proportions, the PNSO one looks much better simply due to a far better paint scheme

The PNSO stegosaurus might look much better to YOU. 
But beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
The paint scheme on my Safari ltd. Stegosaurus is wonderful and I'm still relieved it is not the standard green with red backplates.
I certainly prefer it over the PNSO stegosaurus.
To each their own.  :)

Concavenator

Quote from: Flaffy on May 21, 2019, 05:25:43 PM

How is the PNSO Stego worse proportioned than Safari's?Aren't they both based on Sophie?  ???

Imo, PNSO's version has better paintjob quality, but I prefer the choice of  colors of Safari's. Have never really been keen on the classic green and red Stegosaurus myself.

Flaffy

Wasn't the PNSO stego based on older proportions, I could be wrong.

As for the Safari stego, I dont mind a non-green and red stego. Infact, I was quite excited to see the 2019 safari stegosaurus display a refreshing yellow colour scheme. But the execution of said yellow scheme is very average. I don't understand why Safari decided to change the original yellow and white colour scheme seen on the cover of the 2019 catalogue, to the current muddy brown colour scheme which is much less attractive to look at.

Dino Scream3232

Well finally one of the new PNSO showed up today. Funny enough I actually ordered the Yangchuanosaurus a week after the Ankylosaurus (which still hasn't shown up yet). Kept checking the tracking daily and just that it left the carrier facility a few days ago. So I was very surprised to see this on my doorstep today. It's a really great set and the paint matches very well to the promotional images. So enjoy the review and as always lots of comparisons. https://youtu.be/eVW3zkAX2d4

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: