News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilSauria

Sounds like I'd better put my order in for Wilson, which I've been meaning to do, sooner rather than later in case he finds himself scarce on the arrival of this new realization of the ever popular T-rex. I really like his new colour scheme and he'll take a prominent position on the shelf I have already occupied by 14 other versions of this animal.

John

Quote from: Dinoguy on May 24, 2019, 12:16:40 PM

Some news for all of you.

I messaged PNSO a few days ago to ask about a lipped Wilson (I'm not into lipless tyrannosaurs anymore. I'm convinced they had lips). They told me they were preparing a new T. Rex but the person responding to me didn't know if it would be lipped or not. I further asked if this would be another Wilson or something new. The reply: ''A totally new one to show the newest research results.''

Their new Yangchuanosaurus and Giganotosaurus models are both "lipped" so if they are anything to go by,I would expect the same of their new Tyrannosaurus. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Shonisaurus

Sincerely yangchuanosaurus and giganotosaurus with lips are physically more favored. Although frankly the PNSO yangchuanosaurus is much better in quality than its GNSS counterpart, its quality, paint, details and proportion are impressive, on the other hand the chungkingosaurus is a very beautiful figure, small but well sculpted. The whole of the yangchuanosaurus vs chungkingosaurus of PNSO is a complete caprice.

Dino Scream3232

I'm excited for a new rex. Never picked up Wilson so I may need to get one soon. The lips on the Yangchuanosaurus look great and the mouth articulation is very well done. The two pack is definitely one of my favorite releases by them 2nd to the Ceratosaurus. Looks like I'll have the Giganotosaurus in later today. So expect a full review shortly. Dug out all my giganotosaurus figures for the review. Even though I ordered the Ankylosaurus about 10 days before the giga still haven't received it yet lol. I've had everything out for weeks waiting lol. https://youtu.be/eVW3zkAX2d4

Shonisaurus

D @Dino Scream3232 What a collection you have of giganotosaurus and ankylosaurus sincerely I like more other versions of Giganotosaurus of Eofauna, Safari, Vitae and Carnegie than the giganotosaurus of the PNSO brand. The giganotosaurus of Vitae is perhaps by far the largest giganotosaurus made to date by a PVC collector brand.

Flaffy

As well made as your review is, haven't you posted your video 2 times already in this thread?

Concavenator

I would like to know if the new PNSO Ankylosaurus is actually accurate.
Which is more accurate, Safari's or PNSO's Anky?

Dino Scream3232

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator the pnso has the armor placement of the 2017 study. The safari model was already sculpted and in production when that study came out in late 2017. I'm sure in the future the armor placement will change again with a new study or when a better specimen is discovered.

KeU

Quote from: Flaffy on May 25, 2019, 01:52:14 PM
As well made as your review is, haven't you posted your video 2 times already in this thread?
Hahaha, it is everywhere.
I think I saw it at least 4 times in various places.

Concavenator

Quote from: Dino Scream3232 on May 25, 2019, 03:35:22 PM
avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator the pnso has the armor placement of the 2017 study. The safari model was already sculpted and in production when that study came out in late 2017. I'm sure in the future the armor placement will change again with a new study or when a better specimen is discovered.
Thank you, so it seems it's accurate.

The Stego however looks like it's not based on Sophie, which is weird.

Flaffy

Quote from: KeU on May 25, 2019, 04:01:36 PM
Quote from: Flaffy on May 25, 2019, 01:52:14 PM
Hahaha, it is everywhere.
I think I saw it at least 4 times in various places.

Yeah, while promoting a video (whether it be your own or someone else's) is fine and dandy, posting it 5 times is a bit excessive imo.

John

Quote from: Concavenator on May 25, 2019, 04:26:09 PM

The Stegosaurus model depicts a more mature animal than the sub-adult "Sophie" specimen.Though it does incorporate the new body proportions,like it's longer neck and tail.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Dino Scream3232

Quote from: Concavenator on May 25, 2019, 04:26:09 PM

Yeah it is odd. Think the Sophie reconstruction was in 2014. I'm getting a very bullyland vibe from their stego.

Silvanusaurus

Woah, a new T rex is exciting, as I'm really not a fan of the design of Wilson at all. I'd be pretty happy if it was part of their smaller line too, more affordable and easier to find space for.

suspsy

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on May 25, 2019, 06:16:50 PM
Woah, a new T rex is exciting, as I'm really not a fan of the design of Wilson at all. I'd be pretty happy if it was part of their smaller line too, more affordable and easier to find space for.

Fully agreed. I wonder if it will be based on Zhao's design for the T. rex: The Ultimate Predator exhibit currently at the AMNH:

I'd be more than down with that!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Syndicate Bias

It most likely will be as I took note earlier of the NY exhibit. If so then this would be the first time that I'll actually buy a T Rex that isn't just another jp copy. I cant wait for his Yutyrannus as well! Exciting times with feathered dinos ahead.

Now if they just made a Plateosaurus...

John

Quote from: suspsy on May 25, 2019, 07:40:27 PM
Quote from: Silvanusaurus on May 25, 2019, 06:16:50 PM

Fully agreed. I wonder if it will be based on Zhao's design for the T. rex: The Ultimate Predator exhibit currently at the AMNH:

I'd be more than down with that!
I don't know how similar it will be to this design.It doesn't exactly adhere to the latest findings (scales too large in proportion to the body,too much feathering,facial scales not matching latest findings,even no "lips").

Dino Scream3232

Lucas is finally here. I'm more impressed with him than I initially thought. However major standing issues on the base right out of the box. Have reshape his legs to get him to stand properly.

stargatedalek

That rex design is definitely pretty monstrous, but it's monstrous in an overly dramatic sense rather than a trope-riddled bipedal crocodile sense so it would still represent a solid improvement over Wilson if you ask me.

empire3569

Quote from: stargatedalek on May 25, 2019, 10:48:49 PM
That rex design is definitely pretty monstrous, but it's monstrous in an overly dramatic sense rather than a trope-riddled bipedal crocodile sense so it would still represent a solid improvement over Wilson if you ask me.

If you don't mind me asking, what are the issues with Wilson? The only things I'm aware of are lack of lips and large scales. I thought from an anatomical standpoint, the model was pretty solid

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: