News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 10, 2016, 05:33:07 PM
so it's 1:15 ?  about 16-18" ?

The dimensions they give are 16.1 x 4.9 x 7.3 in.  They give 1:15 on their Facebook page as the scale.

terrorchicken

size & space is an issue for me as well as I collect various animal figures(extinct & extant.)

I think its nice though, look at that head, that's a proud looking beast!

DinoLord

Space be damned, a model of that caliber for that price must be had!

spinosaurus1

a 1:15 scale ceratopsian of that stature and price is one heck of a bargain imo. i can guarantee that a similarly sized resin sculpture would be well over $200

Flaffy

The trike certainly does look better from different angles. But the big figures are known for having quite visible seams.
The frill seems a little off for some reason, probably because it's a little too spiky?

sauroid

is it so utterly difficult for brands to make 1:35-1:40 scale figures? what are the plausible reasons for making oversized models?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

stargatedalek

Quote from: sauroid on November 10, 2016, 11:55:12 PM
is it so utterly difficult for brands to make 1:35-1:40 scale figures? what are the plausible reasons for making oversized models?
"Oversized" is an opinion. PNSO is clearly trying to make models that have some degree of novelty to them without relying on corny, often quality decreasing gimmicks.

sauroid

i doubt that making 1:35-1:40 scale figures would diminish the quality and render it "corny" tho.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

stargatedalek

Quote from: sauroid on November 11, 2016, 12:53:47 AM
i doubt that making 1:35-1:40 scale figures would diminish the quality and render it "corny" tho.
I'm saying they chose to make their line stand out by making them in a larger and more extravagant scale as opposed to more "gimmicky" options like articulation or brand tie-ins, which if done poorly can greatly diminish quality.

sauroid

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 11, 2016, 01:03:51 AM
I'm saying they chose to make their line stand out by making them in a larger and more extravagant scale as opposed to more "gimmicky" options like articulation or brand tie-ins, which if done poorly can greatly diminish quality.
that i agree. but i still wish the trike is in 1:35-1:40 scale.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: sauroid on November 11, 2016, 01:12:12 AM
Quote from: stargatedalek on November 11, 2016, 01:03:51 AM
that i agree. but i still wish the trike is in 1:35-1:40 scale.

Sideshow makes large (and pricey) statues.
There are collectors liking that very much, there are not.
PNSO makes large models too (with affordable prices) and a Mini collection.

Is it right or wrong? It depends on points of view....
PNSO now has stores on Amazon UK, DE, IT (and back in USA soon) and that means collectors like their products; that's the main thing for a producer.
And there are plenty of Triceratops and Tyrannosaurus at 1:35 on the market.
:)

p.s My PNSO Tric and White Rhino is on the way to my home....

MLMjp

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on November 11, 2016, 07:24:17 AM
uote]

But not a lot that are good and accurate  ;)

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: MLMjp on November 11, 2016, 09:09:09 AM
uote]

It depends about what is "good and accurate".
The pictures I saw about a (probably) PNSO Tyrannosaurus 1:35  show an un-feathered one.
Is it "accurate" ?
I don't know....

MLMjp

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on November 11, 2016, 09:21:48 AM
Quote from: MLMjp on November 11, 2016, 09:09:09 AM
uote]

It depends about what is "good and accurate".
The pictures I saw about a (probably) PNSO Tyrannosaurus 1:35  show an un-feathered one.
Is it "accurate" ?
I don't know....

I was mostly talking about Triceratops, and the T.rex, despite not being feathered, has the look and proportions of an actual one, and not a JP Rex. But the Rex is the least of my concern since the new safari one is coming out soon. However I need a new Triceratops.

acro-man

first hand pics of the real stuff,
Elephant, Rhino, Hippo, & Trike
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4858622509
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

spinosaurus1

pics from the link above

stargatedalek

If it actually comes with egrets I'm very interested in buying them specifically should someone only want the rhinoceros!

Sim

spinosaurus1, images hosted by that forum won't show up when posted here.

Dobber

The Triceratops looks even better!  ;D

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

terrorchicken

theyre fantastic! ugh if only they were smaller.

thats a very fat hippo too!  :o

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: