News:

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2024. Deadline for submissions is October 29th 2024. Contest details here.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dobber

Already got my shipping confirmation. I'll post pictures when it arrives. I for one like the duller colors in the pictures. I've never liked the flashy or flamboyant colors for large herbivores....that always just looked unrealistic to me.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

ceratopsian

Quote from: Dobber on November 08, 2016, 01:28:54 PM
Already got my shipping confirmation. I'll post pictures when it arrives. I for one like the duller colors in the pictures. I've never liked the flashy or flamboyant colors for large herbivores....that always just looked unrealistic to me.

Chris

PNSO is very quick to ship - mine also was despatched this morning.  I too can see an argument for quieter colours - I guess that's why I went ahead and ordered!

sauroid

well i think there's a difference between muted/understated color scheme and (almost) monochromatic color scheme.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

triceratops83

Well, just placed an order, naturally. Over 80 Aussie dollars though - I hope it's worth it.

I thought I'd have to go through the rigmarole of signing up to the UK Amazon, but they must be the same as the US one - All my details were there. Easy as pie.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

spinosaurus1

i actually like the look and coloring of this sculpture

natural fades of muted colors doesn't really bother me unless it's clearly defined. it's rather subtle in this triceratops and i like the transitions. that plus i absolutely adore that head sculpt. the feet are my only grief with it, but i can easily look over it.

Bucklander

Quote from: spinosaurus1 on November 09, 2016, 05:03:20 PM
i actually like the look and coloring of this sculpture

natural fades of muted colors doesn't really bother me unless it's clearly defined. it's rather subtle in this triceratops and i like the transitions. that plus i absolutely adore that head sculpt. the feet are my only grief with it, but i can easily look over it.
Wow! So do I now! That earlier photo was taken from an angle that did this figure an absolute injustice. I LOVE the head on this beast. What a pleasant surprise. Save that there's now yet another figure I must save for!

DinoLord

Wow, what a difference angles can make! The colors work well. Though the scheme is overall dull there's a nice intricate subtlety to the patterning.

tanystropheus

Does anyone know if the Triceratops is 1/35 scale or 1/20?

1/20 scale to go with their released models or

1/35 scale to go along with their upcoming T-rex?

Thanks in advance :)

Flaffy

Quote from: tanystropheus on November 10, 2016, 01:57:19 AM
Does anyone know if the Triceratops is 1/35 scale or 1/20?

1/20 scale to go with their released models or

1/35 scale to go along with their upcoming T-rex?

Thanks in advance :)
PNSO states that it is 1/15 scale on their facebook page.
We might be getting a 1/35 trike later, but as of now it's not confirmed.

sauroid

the new pics made that Tric look much better. and it is an excellent Triceratops indeed. still, the color is so dull.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

DinoToyForum

Yeah, there's actually a lot of subtle colour in it: http://amzn.to/2g0WVjO

acro-man

how can i phrase this.
everything is so unexpected.
scale? sure the leaked info has proven to be inaccurate.
price? Taobao has it at $31
T-rex? never heard a single word of it since then.
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

sauroid

for something as beautiful as that Triceratops, US$31 is very reasonable.

Arul

Some of PNSO figure ETA in Indonesia on late December. Yeay!

Jose S.M.

Having seen it for other angles I think it's a very good figure! I don't mind the muted colors and I like the yellowish on the head.

MLMjp

Quote from: acro-man on November 10, 2016, 01:19:31 PM
how can i phrase this.

Noooo :'( I really wanted a new trike in 1:35 scale :'( :'( :'(

Gotta say that this trike is fabulous, the new pictures make it look fantastic.
But still, no 1:35, no deal. :'(

Flaffy

Quote from: MLMjp on November 10, 2016, 01:55:41 PM
Quote from: acro-man on November 10, 2016, 01:19:31 PM
how can i phrase this.

Noooo :'( I really wanted a new trike in 1:35 scale :'( :'( :'(

Gotta say that this trike is fabulous, the new pictures make it look fantastic.
But still, no 1:35, no deal. :'(
Same here. I'm not really a fan of big bulky figures that takes up a lot of space, so the large PNSO line doesn't really appeal to me most of the time. a 1:35 trike would've been perfect with that fabulous leaked rex sculpt.
Hopefully PNSO will shed light on this soon.  :'(

copper

The newer photos show the colors so much better and they don't seem dull anymore. I'd like this model more if the scales on its body would have variability in size though.

ceratopsian

It's interesting how much difference to the colours the new photos from different angles make and how much variation is actually there.  But I do agree that large animals become problematic if too many of them are issued.  There is only so much space....

Blade-of-the-Moon

so it's 1:15 ?  about 16-18" ?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: