News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

JW Mosasaurus resin kit

Started by Tumtist, April 11, 2016, 09:21:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tumtist

Hi guys!! This is my current project : JW Mosasaurus
This is a biggest prehistoric animal that I'm ever sculpt (11 inch along the spine and 1/3 of it is head!!), I'm really have a fun time sculpting this big boy. All thing left to do is making a mold and cast it, Hope you guy like it.  :))

The size is 12.5" H x 10" W (from head to spine length is 11 inch)

you can visit my page here

https://www.facebook.com/9Modelism/

PumperKrickel

deleted

FishFossil

Very impressive! The detail work and the water are extremely well done  :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Awesome! I might be interested in one depending on price. :)

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

PaleoMatt

Blade-of-the-Moon

Clear or opaque blue resin water would look killer there...and a little scaled Great White too... ;)

Tumtist

Quote from: ScarletSpider on April 11, 2016, 09:58:58 PM
Looks really good! Would love to see a painted version with a little shark dangling over it.  ;D

Thanks you!! about a shark ,I'm have to figure it out first,how should I put a pole that will hang a shark,I feel like the composition may look a bit weird with a pole beside him

Quote from: FishFossil on April 11, 2016, 11:31:23 PM
Very impressive! The detail work and the water are extremely well done  :)

Thanks you!!  :D

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 12, 2016, 02:29:33 AM
Awesome! I might be interested in one depending on price. :)

Thanks you!! I'm didn't decide the price yet but it should be around 157 USD with finish paint and around 99 USD for resin kit,It's not a final price but it's should be around this,The size is 12.5" H x 10" W (from head to spine length is 11.5 inch)

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on April 12, 2016, 05:12:12 AM
That... is... amazing... ;D
Quote from: PaleoMatt on April 12, 2016, 12:48:50 PM
This is beautiful!

Thank you guys!!

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 12, 2016, 05:27:06 PM
Clear or opaque blue resin water would look killer there...and a little scaled Great White too... ;)

it's gonna be clear  blue resin water  for sure!!,about a little great white I'm still have to figure out how to put a pole that will hang a shark,I feel like the composition may look a bit weird with a pole beside him. but maybe it's just my imagination so I'll consider that should I made it or not ^_^

Newt

Very well done! Possibly the best thing to come out of that film.

Dinomike

Wow! Very impressive! Can't wait to see this guy painted! It'll be spectacular!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

MLMjp

Grrrraaaaaaahhhhhhhrrrrrrrraaarrrrg!! "Jaws close and catches shark"

I always reproduce the JW Mosasaurus roar in my head every time i see a picture or video of it. ;D Same with your sculpt. :)) Gorgeous job indeed!!

stargatedalek

You could always make the shark a hanging ornament and people could choose to arrange it as they like. Like a Christmas tree ornament type thing.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Just add the shark itself for simplicity's sake if you like. I can make something to hold it over the mouth myself.  In the film it's hanging from a line between two poles.

Now if you really wanted to try something challenging for an option, you could do the Pteranodon carrying Zara... ;)   

I'd buy both by the way. :)

Arul

Beautiful...my favorite dino in JW. What a brute force  from the mosasaurus !!

Tumtist

Quote from: Dinomike on April 12, 2016, 10:58:57 PM
Wow! Very impressive! Can't wait to see this guy painted! It'll be spectacular!
Quote from: MLMjp on April 12, 2016, 11:35:47 PM
Grrrraaaaaaahhhhhhhrrrrrrrraaarrrrg!! "Jaws close and catches shark"

I always reproduce the JW Mosasaurus roar in my head every time i see a picture or video of it. ;D Same with your sculpt. :)) Gorgeous job indeed!!
Quote from: Newt on April 12, 2016, 08:32:25 PM
Very well done! Possibly the best thing to come out of that film.

Thanks you guys!!

Quote from: stargatedalek on April 13, 2016, 12:26:29 AM
You could always make the shark a hanging ornament and people could choose to arrange it as they like. Like a Christmas tree ornament type thing.

I like this idea!! thanks you for your advice ^_^

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 13, 2016, 05:03:41 AM
Just add the shark itself for simplicity's sake if you like. I can make something to hold it over the mouth myself.  In the film it's hanging from a line between two poles.

Now if you really wanted to try something challenging for an option, you could do the Pteranodon carrying Zara... ;)   

I'd buy both by the way. :)

Thanks for yours advice,so I'm decide I'll make a shark   ;D,Pteranodon is in my mind for a while now but I'll decide it later after I'm deal with a great white

Quote from: Arul on April 13, 2016, 12:02:30 PM
Beautiful...my favorite dino in JW. What a brute force  from the mosasaurus !!

Thanks you!!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Awesome. Saves me a lot of searching and figuring!

I could see where the Pteranodon and Zara getting devoured might be a bit rough to do..lots of fan contention over that one..lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f6oDYYcsWU

yankeetrex

Just placed a preorder on this, can't wait for it to arrive, 12.5 inches is pretty big....

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: yankeetrex on April 14, 2016, 08:27:59 PM
Just placed a preorder on this, can't wait for it to arrive, 12.5 inches is pretty big....

heh didn't know you could pre-order..have to look into that!

Tumtist

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 15, 2016, 02:23:58 AM

Actually I'm still didn't plan to open a pre-order until the mold is done,but if you want to make sure that you will got one you can tell me and you'll be in a pre-order list,as I plan to make it a limit order I'll run a number on every piece ^_^

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Tumtist on April 15, 2016, 05:42:11 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 15, 2016, 02:23:58 AM

Actually I'm still didn't plan to open a pre-order until the mold is done,but if you want to make sure that you will got one you can tell me and you'll be in a pre-order list,as I plan to make it a limit order I'll run a number on every piece ^_^

Awesome bud, yeah put me down for one.  My name's Chris Kastner , been bugging you on facebook too..lol  My email is [email protected] if you need to reach me there for any details.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: