News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Cretaceous Collectables

Started by AcroSauroTaurus, April 28, 2016, 04:06:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

would love to see sample pics of your sculptures
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on May 06, 2016, 03:41:33 AM
I got the Ceratonykus sculpt finished! It has a base, and I sculpted it in two parts, the dinosaur, and the base. The sculpt is about 1.1/2in long.

Cool! Can you post a pic? Does the 1 1/2 inches include the base or just the animal? A 1 1/2 inch Ceratonykus would be about 1:15 scale.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on May 06, 2016, 12:32:17 PM
I got the Ceratonykus sculpt finished! It has a base, and I sculpted it in two parts, the dinosaur, and the base. The sculpt is about 1.1/2in long.

Cool! Can you post a pic? Does the 1 1/2 inches include the base or just the animal? A 1 1/2 inch Ceratonykus would be about 1:15 scale.

The 1.1/2in is just the length of the dinosaur, it is 1:35 scale going off of the maximum estimate of 6ft, which is what I based it off of. And once the prototypes are made, then pics will come. ;) Gotta build up suspense! The next figure I will be sculpting will be the Acrocanthosaurus, which will have an articulated jaw.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Dinoguy2

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on May 07, 2016, 07:15:23 AM

The 1.1/2in is just the length of the dinosaur, it is 1:35 scale going off of the maximum estimate of 6ft, which is what I based it off of. And once the prototypes are made, then pics will come. ;) Gotta build up suspense! The next figure I will be sculpting will be the Acrocanthosaurus, which will have an articulated jaw.

Ah ok. I see Holtz listed an estimate of 2m 6ft but this has got to be a typo for 2ft. The skull is only 3 inches long, so unless it was built like a diplodocid, there's no possible way it was 6ft long! The paper says it was about the same size as Parvucursor, which was 2ft long.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on May 07, 2016, 12:06:09 PM
Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on May 07, 2016, 07:15:23 AM

Ah ok. I see Holtz listed an estimate of 2m 6ft but this has got to be a typo for 2ft. The skull is only 3 inches long, so unless it was built like a diplodocid, there's no possible way it was 6ft long! The paper says it was about the same size as Parvucursor, which was 2ft long.

Ah, ok, well, I'm not going to try sculpting a 2ft animal in 1:35 scale, so... lets just assume its a large specimen.  ;D
I am the Dinosaur King!

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: raptor64870 on May 09, 2016, 09:34:46 AM
some pics plz!!!!

I will not be revealing the sculpts until the finished plastic prototypes are made. So, you will have to be left in suspense. ;) However, tomorrow I will reveal a teaser picture for the Sauroposeidon carcass.
I am the Dinosaur King!

AcroSauroTaurus

As promised, here is the first Teaser of the subadult Sauroposeidon carcass:

This is the head end... except there is no head... can anyone guess why?
I am the Dinosaur King!

empire3569

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on May 13, 2016, 04:07:32 AM
As promised, here is the first Teaser of the subadult Sauroposeidon carcass:

This is the head end... except there is no head... can anyone guess why?

Acro ripped it off!  >:D

Viergacht

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Viergacht on May 17, 2016, 05:04:26 PM
OUCH. Nice gruesome detail, though.

I wanted the carcass to be very torn apart, its a fresh kill, but has already been ripped into. Also the sculpting of the Acrocanthosaurus will start soon!
I am the Dinosaur King!

Mamasaurus

This pictures so far are quite promising. I'm looking forward to seeing more!  :))

Images copyrite to Mamasaurus

AcroSauroTaurus

Ok everyone, new teaser image! Here is the almost finished head sculpt and WIP jaw for the Acrocanthosaurus! (This is the only Acro teaser you guys will get. ;) )

I am the Dinosaur King!

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Shadowknight1

I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Lanthanotus

Nice, no shrink wrapped skull, that already makes it standing out :D

Dobber

My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

acro-man

that's mighty marvelous!
Acrocanthosaurus & Gigantspinosaurus i can't love more!
so sad the pics are dead for me...
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on June 07, 2016, 12:05:06 PM
Very promising! ;D
Thanks! Thats good to hear from another Acro fan! The final figure will be as big as the Papo running rex, and will have an articulated jaw.

Quote from: Lanthanotus on June 07, 2016, 08:17:30 PM
Nice, no shrink wrapped skull, that already makes it standing out :D

I used to draw my dinosaurs shrink-wrapped, but now I never do. ;) And none of the animals in my figure line will be shrink-wrapped!

Quote from: Dobber on June 07, 2016, 11:44:49 PM
Wow, that is looking really good so far.

Chris

Thanks!

Quote from: acro-man on June 08, 2016, 03:21:14 AM
that's mighty marvelous!
Acrocanthosaurus & Gigantspinosaurus i can't love more!
so sad the pics are dead for me...

The Gigantspinosaurus sculpt is almost finished, just texturing and baking left to do. Then he will be ready for the mold!
I am the Dinosaur King!

Shadowknight1

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on June 08, 2016, 05:12:00 AM
Quote from: Shadowknight1 on June 07, 2016, 12:05:06 PM
Very promising! ;D
Thanks! Thats good to hear from another Acro fan! The final figure will be as big as the Papo running rex, and will have an articulated jaw.
To be nosey, will it be on a perrmanent or removable base?  Any particular color scheme in mind?  And how much? ;D  Oh, and I notice it seems to have some inspiration from the Primal Carnage Acro.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: