News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Cretaceous Collectables

Started by AcroSauroTaurus, April 28, 2016, 04:06:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowknight1

I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

AcroSauroTaurus

Ok! I have looked at your guesses, and the colors that I have planned are black, light blue, and white, and so the winners are: Dilopho: blue, Empire3569: Black, Scutosaurus: White, Shadowknight1: black, and raptor64870: blue. Congrats to you guys! You will receive a free Cretaceous Collectables Acrocanthosaurus! (When the line is ready, hoping for next summer.)
I am the Dinosaur King!

Dilopho

Nice! I'll try and save up some postage money! (I live in the UK)  ^-^

DinoLord

Congratulations to the winners! Sounds like an interesting color scheme for sure. I love blue, but don't think I've seen a blue Acrocanthosaurus before.

empire3569

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on October 08, 2016, 06:10:30 AM
Ok! I have looked at your guesses, and the colors that I have planned are black, light blue, and white, and so the winners are: Dilopho: blue, Empire3569: Black, Scutosaurus: White, Shadowknight1: black, and raptor64870: blue. Congrats to you guys! You will receive a free Cretaceous Collectables Acrocanthosaurus! (When the line is ready, hoping for next summer.)

That sounds like it will look great! Keep us updated on the sculpt!

AcroSauroTaurus

As for the other people who guessed, you won't be forgotten, because you win the choice of a free Cretaceous Collectables Subadult Sauroposeidon carcass or Enchodus. ;) (Joe289, terrorchicken, Dinolord, Halichoeres)
I am the Dinosaur King!

SBell

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on September 22, 2016, 02:44:37 AM
Quote from: SBell on September 22, 2016, 02:40:23 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on July 03, 2016, 12:31:48 AM
Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on July 01, 2016, 04:50:47 AM
Got the sculpt for Enchodus done! Sorry for the poor quality photos Halichoeres, it looks much more detailed in person.
Base:

Figure:

Exciting!

Agreed! The dinos are nice, but the fish is far more intriguing! Maybe it's the photo angles, but will the fish have the exagerrated front teeth that Enchodus is so notable for?

Yes it does. ;) I can post a head on view if you'd like.

I would appreciate that! An dI curse that I've been so busy, I didn't notice the opportunity to try and win it (I know, the Acro was the grand prize...but I'm more into the fish myself!). I should pay more attention.

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: SBell on October 09, 2016, 05:14:13 AM
Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on September 22, 2016, 02:44:37 AM
Quote from: SBell on September 22, 2016, 02:40:23 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on July 03, 2016, 12:31:48 AM
Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on July 01, 2016, 04:50:47 AM
Got the sculpt for Enchodus done! Sorry for the poor quality photos Halichoeres, it looks much more detailed in person.
Base:

Figure:

Exciting!

Agreed! The dinos are nice, but the fish is far more intriguing! Maybe it's the photo angles, but will the fish have the exagerrated front teeth that Enchodus is so notable for?

Yes it does. ;) I can post a head on view if you'd like.

I would appreciate that! An dI curse that I've been so busy, I didn't notice the opportunity to try and win it (I know, the Acro was the grand prize...but I'm more into the fish myself!). I should pay more attention.

Don't worry, you'll still be able to get it, when I get the mold made and release it. And here is a multi-view of the Enchodus on its base.

I am the Dinosaur King!

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Jose S.M.

SBell

AcroSauroTaurus

I am the Dinosaur King!

terrorchicken

thanks AcroSauroTaurus and congrats to the winners. :)

Shadowknight1

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on October 08, 2016, 06:10:30 AM
Woo!  I never win anything! ;D  And that sounds like an impressive color scheme, very different from what I usually see in Acros!
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

AcroSauroTaurus

I'm feeling pretty ill today. :( But I'm still working on the Acro anyway.... Dedication at its finest. ;)
I am the Dinosaur King!

AcroSauroTaurus

Acro sculpt still in progress, but here are a few comparisons.

I am the Dinosaur King!

Dilopho

Wow, that head looks great! Depending on how it turns out this might be one of the best Acrocanthosaurus figures that will be available!
I mean, apart from high-end stuff like statues and model kits. But they're not figures.
Are you going to give it feathery arms like your icon?  ??? That would be cool!
One day I hope to pick up the Collecta one too but since I know I could get this in 2017 possibly i'm reconsidering...

Manatee

Quote from: Dilopho on October 16, 2016, 11:02:33 AM
Are you going to give it feathery arms like your icon?  ??? That would be cool!

I'm not AcroSauroTaurus, so you can take this with a grain of salt, but if you look at the arms of the figure they appear to be feathered.

Jose S.M.

I can see something in the arms too, maybe the "guide" to sculpt the feathers.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: