News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Meet Machairoceratops!

Started by suspsy, May 18, 2016, 07:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Takama

Another weirdo from the family of weridos in the Dinosaur world.

I wonder if there is a chance that this will get synomonized with Diabloceratops.  Maybe someone thinking that this could be the adult form

PaleoMatt

Carcharodontosaurus

Those frill horns look like perfect places for Cretaceous birds to land and ride on, like modern day deer and bison. I don't know, just a theory that can never be proven, but cool to think about.  :))

Kovu

Quote from: Takama on May 18, 2016, 08:03:33 PM
I wonder if there is a chance that this will get synomonized with Diabloceratops.  Maybe someone thinking that this could be the adult form

Or male/female morphs. Either way, I can see that happening.

Yutyrannus

I really doubt this isn't just another Diabloceratops specimen (whether it's a male and the others were female, or it's just an older individual). But it's a cool discovery nonetheless :).

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Megalosaurus

I agree that this seems like dissorted/crussed remains of Diabloceratops.
Also the paleoart exagerates the angle of the curvature.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Kayakasaurus

Quote from: Carcharodontosaurus on May 18, 2016, 09:23:03 PM
Those frill horns look like perfect places for Cretaceous birds to land and ride on, like modern day deer and bison. I don't know, just a theory that can never be proven, but cool to think about.  :))

I agree! They are so cool
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Digibasherx

Wow, so many new ceratopsians.  We just found Spiclypeus shipporum.  http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/judith-horned-dinosaur-1.3587562

antorbitalfenestrae

Quote from: Megalosaurus on May 19, 2016, 06:06:17 PM
Also the "art" exagerates the angle of the curvature.

What's up with the scare quotes around "art"...........

AcroSauroTaurus

Looks exactly like Diabloceratops, its most likely a second species in the Diabloceratops genus.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Yutyrannus

Honestly, I'm skeptical of it even being a separate species of Diabloceratops, I think it is probably either a male or an older individual (or both) of Diabloceratops eatoni.

Megalosaurus

Quote from: antorbitalfenestrae on May 20, 2016, 01:15:41 AM
Quote from: Megalosaurus on May 19, 2016, 06:06:17 PM
Also the "art" exagerates the angle of the curvature.
What's up with the scare quotes around "art"...........
Not my intention to offend anyone. So I edited my original post.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Yutyrannus on May 20, 2016, 05:47:15 AM
Honestly, I'm skeptical of it even being a separate species of Diabloceratops, I think it is probably either a male or an older individual (or both) of Diabloceratops eatoni.

It's from a slightly later time period (about 1 million years younger than Diabloceratops, so probably more like a very similar direct descendant that evolved from Diabloceratops.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on May 29, 2016, 12:02:54 PM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on May 20, 2016, 05:47:15 AM

It's from a slightly later time period (about 1 million years younger than Diabloceratops, so probably more like a very similar direct descendant that evolved from Diabloceratops.
Oh, okay. Probably Diabloceratops sp. then. Thanks for pointing that out :).

LophoLeeVT

wow that thing looks strange.
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.