News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

General discussion - public

Started by DinoToyForum, March 13, 2012, 11:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Thanks. You are right. Just did a quick search for cutie mark. Seems to belong to some Unicorn Pony. Guess  whoever did that pic wanted to reference the whole Elasmotherium = Unicorn thing...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Krissy

It's the cutie mark of Rarity from the new series, My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic. Rarity is my favourite ^ ^

sepp

I've loved my little pony ever since I was a child, there is no sense in denying it  ;)
Rarity and Luna are my favourites in this new generation, hahaha.

Krissy

Sounds choices. ^-^ Rarity is my firm favourite, but when I start listing my favourties, it goes something like this:

"Oh, but then I like Pinkie Pie nearly as much as Rarity, and I like Twilight Sparkle nearly as much as Pinkie, and I like Rainbow Dash..." etc etc, until it incorporates basically everypony  ;D

CityRaptor

So she is called Raity? Is she the precursor to extinction, just as geology tells us?

Well, for me, they are all just tiny, colorful horses. Sorry! Not into that kind of stuff....
Oh no

sepp

It's certainly not everyone's cup of tea, no worries! But those people who like this new my little pony tend to completely love it.
I for one am very into it, lol. I even have several male friends who adore it as well - one of them is actually dragging me and his wife up to seattle for a my little pony convention this year :P

CityRaptor

I think different tastes are fine aslong people still get along.

And I have to give it to Hasbro, they for sure love their repaints:

That is a whole lot of Ponies with just 6 molds... :o
Oh no

sepp

Oh yeah, that's kind of a gimmicky set, those are all the ponies from the blind bags - they've got new sculpts on the way, hahaha, I haven't collected any of those so far though.

AHHHH Jeff Mangum concert in a couple hours, I'm leaving now, I'm so excited I don't know what to do with myself!!

Krissy

Ponies aren't really about the sculpts, they're not like boy's action figures.

QuoteBut those people who like this new my little pony tend to completely love it.

One day I thought I'd check out the show to see what all the fuss was about, the next day I was running home from my local store giggling and carrying armfuls of ponies...

Anyway, I should probably stop talking about them now. If I start I won't stop.

DinoToyForum

So how was the Concert Sepp?  8)

sepp

It was amazing, haha. I've never really left a concert without at least an urge to say "Oh well I wish they would have played x or y." But he literally played every song I'd hoped for, and it was a very close intimate setting too!
Without getting too into detail, anyway.
As one of my friends that I went with put it, this was a fantasy bucket list item that we were able to check off :)

Himmapaan

Sounds wonderful.  ^-^ I think I can relate to a similar feeling after a performance by a favourite artist. It really is a pretty emotional experience and one of lasting impression.

postsaurischian

I've only just got to know that Jean 'Moebius' Giraud has died last month :'( :'( :'(.
He was such a masterful artist - his pictures can make me dream.

He's one of my all-time heroes and it makes me kind of sad tonight ....... .......

Weaver

I'm finally taking the plunge- into college- and a BFA in Fine Art at Colorado State University in Pueblo. My first try at college was a... flop. I wasn't doing it for my betterment. I was there to fit in. Didn't work and well... y'know.

A new start on this (3 years late mind you) but I'm doing it so that I can have a career that I like.

What am I going to focus on? Illustration and I am going to use the courses that are 'outside and not-related to major' as a chance to get into a few anatomy, biology, or botany classes. I'd like to go into scientific illustration if you can't tell. ;) I'm excited. I haven't had a solid plan for college and it feels good. Also, no more Math-courses. *fails at most algebra-related questions that don't involve money* I have a few Gen. Ed courses that can be transferred (including the Math) over for my first two semesters.

I have to thank all the veteren-members here, you really got me thinking of how I can jump-start my love of art and picturing the world around me into a career that fits. You all helped me decide that I needed to get off my butt and do this. I am so inspired by all the incredible artists here (even you Dr. Adam!) that this seems like the right career for me. I know I can make it work. I know I can.

paleoferroequine

Quote from: postsaurischian on April 22, 2012, 08:17:20 PM
I've only just got to know that Jean 'Moebius' Giraud has died last month :'( :'( :'(.
He was such a masterful artist - his pictures can make me dream.

He's one of my all-time heroes and it makes me kind of sad tonight ....... .......

Sorry to say somehow I missed that also. :(  I used to follow The Airtight Garage when it appeared in "Heavy Metal" magazine back in a past life.

Weaver, glad to hear you are going to pursue something you really want to do, hope it brings you happiness... and a career. ;D

CityRaptor

Quote from: sepp on April 19, 2012, 12:33:02 AM
Oh yeah, that's kind of a gimmicky set, those are all the ponies from the blind bags - they've got new sculpts on the way, hahaha, I haven't collected any of those so far though.

Well, Blindbags are alwas gimmickry. That is how they work. Still, they are usually not that recolor intense. There are usually 3 colors of a certain figure at best, like in case of the Dinotales Retro T-Rex. Or look at Dinotales Series 7: 20 figures made from 10 molds. That is okay, but I think Hasbro is overdoing it there.

Quote from: Krissy on April 19, 2012, 12:43:53 AM
Ponies aren't really about the sculpts, they're not like boy's action figures.

Well, those have recolors aswell. Some characters are even notorious for being recolors and it has to do with their bios in some cases. But assuming that the top row are the show-accurate ones, wouldn't you like the others to be more accurate aswell?

Anyways, had a weird dream:
Starting with my collection ( which in my dream included a glow in the dark version of the Primeval Raptor ) stored there, my parents' house got infected with a sapient fungus. A tall, pale skinned woman in a white business suit came and offerent a way to get rid of of the fungus now completely covering the house ( and returning everything to normal ). But in order to get the "vaccine" I should help her organize her niece's wedding. Having no other choice, I went with her in her white limousine and could not believe. Her home was a palace made out of crystal and the place guard at the gate where an Iguanodon and a Megalosaurus, which aside from wearing armor, just looked like the models seen in the Crystal Place Park.  The Woman herself revealed herself as the "Queen of the Lizard People!", a race Dinosauroids ( pretty much looking like Dale Russel's Dinosauroid ) and that there is some security problems due to the bride groom's sister and her friends and their prehistoric mammals.
Then I woke up.
Oh no

Krissy

QuoteWell, those have recolors aswell. Some characters are even notorious for being recolors and it has to do with their bios in some cases. But assuming that the top row are the show-accurate ones, wouldn't you like the others to be more accurate aswell?

You talking about the Seekers?  ;) I know my action figures too. Anyway, since I don't collect Blind Bags and I don't particuarly care about acquiring any of the ponies beyond the main characters in the show, I'm fine with it as it is.

CityRaptor

Quote from: Krissy on April 26, 2012, 06:41:05 AM
You talking about the Seekers?  ;) I know my action figures too.
Seekers among others, yes. Also some of the Chaos Effect Dinosaurs.

Quote from: Krissy on April 26, 2012, 06:41:05 AM
Anyway, since I don't collect Blind Bags and I don't particuarly care about acquiring any of the ponies beyond the main characters in the show, I'm fine with it as it is.
Okay, that makes things easier. Especially since those seem to be marked with numbers, which kinda defeats the purpose of them being blindbagged. But then again, with only 6 molds, it would be really frustrating to try to feel what is inside. Indeed even with 25 different molds, like in the DNA Fusion line, it is sometimes hard. I've been trying to get Vulltar and the Tribe Leaders for months but with no avail. Okay, I only buy like 1 a month, but still...
Oh no

sepp

Volunteered at the museum on Wednesday, woke up the next morning with a terrible cold or the flu, not sure which. Dang patrons never wash their hands... worse still, I just recovered from my last cold not ten days ago c_c This sucks ,':/

DinoToyForum

Quote from: sepp on May 04, 2012, 09:50:14 AM
Volunteered at the museum on Wednesday, woke up the next morning with a terrible cold or the flu, not sure which. Dang patrons never wash their hands... worse still, I just recovered from my last cold not ten days ago c_c This sucks ,':/

Good for you for volunteering, but sorry about the cold.  :-\ In my last job, there always seemed to be a cold going around the museum. I suppose it's even worse in a museum with emphasis on interactive displays and handling. Beware the snotty children! Beware the snotty parents! Just beware the snotty everyone!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: