News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

General discussion - public

Started by DinoToyForum, March 13, 2012, 11:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Quote from: dinotoyforum on March 14, 2012, 01:20:01 AM
That's OK I suppose, but I'd like to keep all the posts intact as an archive, which I see you have done. Actually, I recommend hanging on to our accounts there, just in case anything goes wrong here.

In that case, is it still possible to make an account on the old Forum?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

DinoToyForum

Quote from: CityRaptor on March 16, 2012, 12:10:56 AM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on March 14, 2012, 01:20:01 AM
That's OK I suppose, but I'd like to keep all the posts intact as an archive, which I see you have done. Actually, I recommend hanging on to our accounts there, just in case anything goes wrong here.

In that case, is it still possible to make an account on the old Forum?

No, but the vast majority of the forum is open access, so there's no need to register to see it. You only need to register to post, like here :)

Takama

on the original Forum, is the members only board still going to be locked off from the public?

DinoToyForum

Yes. But ex members will still be able to log in and view.  :)

tyrantqueen

Maybe this has been answered before, but what about banned members from the old board? What's to stop them from making another account on the new one?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 16, 2012, 09:58:10 AM
Maybe this has been answered before, but what about banned members from the old board? What's to stop them from making another account on the new one?

shhh!  :-X  ;D

We have a list of banned emails, user names, and IP addresses.

Lio99

hey who made the dino world forum?

Tylosaurus

Hay great update guys, great to see a new place for every old face  ;D
So how has everyone been doing?

Lio99

life is stressful but satisfying.

Tylosaurus

my grandmother isn't doing to great but yer, I posted this else where in the private section.

Lio99

sorry to here that hope she feels better. :-\

Tylosaurus

As my Dino life goes? well I do plan on buying the Foulkes Tylosaurus from Dan's shop and let Martin Garratt paint it, since that is what Dan advised me so I guess I'll stick to that idea :)
Do you have any dino plans lately?

stoneage

Lio99

Ok so who remembers in Jurassic park, how the t-rex escaped and how it bushed the car into the cage and it turned into a cliff, what's with that?   

Tylosaurus

hmm I dunno all I do know that the cars used in that film were Mercedes Benz ML-350's :)

CityRaptor

Quote from: Lio99 on March 19, 2012, 06:30:26 AM
Ok so who remembers in Jurassic park, how the t-rex escaped and how it bushed the car into the cage and it turned into a cliff, what's with that?   

I know, rather odd, unless that was supposed to be some cliff at another site.

Searched on Deviant Art for pics of Apatosaurus today and found this:
http://ohitison.deviantart.com/art/Apato-jack-284902837
I think that is a huge improvement compared to her original form...but who the heck names a female animal Jack to begin with...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Himmapaan

Sigh, Photobucket really does detest me. Consequently, I'm afraid the feeling is entirely mutual.  >:( I've tried uploading something five times, to no avail at all.

brontodocus

Quote from: Himmapaan on March 20, 2012, 07:45:32 AM
Sigh, Photobucket really does detest me. Consequently, I'm afraid the feeling is entirely mutual.  >:( I've tried uploading something five times, to no avail at all.
If it is just for uploading photos here: It is also possible to link photos you posted on fb, even if they are in a hidden album (visible to "only me"), just make sure that it all starts with "http://" instead of "https://" if you have "secure browsing" enabled. I have several hidden "wastebasket" albums there for posting photos here. Just to make sure I wouldn't delete them accidentally, in every case I posted a photo here I comment beneath it that it's linked here. Since I found out that this works too I don't use photobucket anymore. :)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Himmapaan

Quote from: brontodocus on March 20, 2012, 08:02:42 AMIf it is just for uploading photos here: It is also possible to link photos you posted on fb, even if they are in a hidden album (visible to "only me"), just make sure that it all starts with "http://" instead of "https://" if you have "secure browsing" enabled. I have several hidden "wastebasket" albums there for posting photos here. Just to make sure I wouldn't delete them accidentally, in every case I posted a photo here I comment beneath it that it's linked here. Since I found out that this works too I don't use photobucket anymore. :)
Ah, thank you, that's very useful to know!

Gwangi

Quote from: CityRaptor on March 19, 2012, 03:43:54 PM
Quote from: Lio99 on March 19, 2012, 06:30:26 AM

I know, rather odd, unless that was supposed to be some cliff at another site.

That scene has always bothered me, I've closely watched it several times. I also point it out to anyone watching the movie with me and no, it was not a cliff on the other side. Certainly one of the more glaring movie mistakes I've seen.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: