News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

General discussion - public

Started by DinoToyForum, March 13, 2012, 11:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duck

He who dwells in pond

Newt

Quote from: Duck on October 05, 2021, 08:53:26 PM

Nice! Chattanooga's a fun place. That reminds me, I should get down to the Tennessee Aquarium again before too long.

Duck

Quote from: Newt on October 05, 2021, 09:17:26 PM
Quote from: Duck on October 05, 2021, 08:53:26 PM

Nice! Chattanooga's a fun place. That reminds me, I should get down to the Tennessee Aquarium again before too long.

Yeah, however many of our exhibits are closed due to COVID.  :(
He who dwells in pond

triceratops83

Well this is lovely - I've recently had a bunch of various orders from the U.S. cancelled and refunded, apparently the Postal Service will not ship to Australia and New Zealand anymore. Which sucks because Australia has very little in the way of, well, anything. Ordering from Asia is hit and miss and I'm still waiting months later for stuff from the U.K. Thank the gods for Minizoo, without which I'd be completely at a loss.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

SidB

Quote from: triceratops83 on October 06, 2021, 07:51:41 AM
Well this is lovely - I've recently had a bunch of various orders from the U.S. cancelled and refunded, apparently the Postal Service will not ship to Australia and New Zealand anymore. Which sucks because Australia has very little in the way of, well, anything. Ordering from Asia is hit and miss and I'm still waiting months later for stuff from the U.K. Thank the gods for Minizoo, without which I'd be completely at a loss.
This is Covid-related, I suppose?

Bread

I've been hearing and reading a lot of people having shipping issues lately. Especially here in the states, but I can only assume it is COVID related.

triceratops83

Quote from: SidB on October 06, 2021, 11:28:36 AM
This is Covid-related, I suppose?[/quote]

Apparently, but what the specifics are beats me.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

SidB

Quote from: triceratops83 on October 06, 2021, 11:02:54 PM
Quote from: SidB on October 06, 2021, 11:28:36 AM
This is Covid-related, I suppose?

Apparently, but what the specifics are beats me.
[/quote]Yes, seeing that most other jurisdictions haven't resorted to this makes it mystifying.

JohannesB

Norway is now completely open for business, everywhere, private as well as public. The only restrictions are at the borders, I guess, and only because it is the politically correct thing to do. I have no troubles ordering goods from all over the world. They come in on time, almost always.

Shonisaurus

In Spain the restrictions are practically eliminated. Mortality is minimal and the risk of Covid is low. I think we've already gotten out of the tunnel.

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres glad to hear that the weathers nice, say, what is your favorite weather scenario(s). There is/are many for me, but at the moment, I cannot wait for sunny and snowy weather to finally arrive . It doesn't snow where I am at, however it does in an area about 2 hours away.

Halichoeres

As in other things, I like a lot of variety. I grew up in a desert that was mostly the same all year (the variation was limited to hot, very hot, or ten-minute-heatstroke). I get excited when the leaves fall, I get excited when the snow comes, I get excited when the trees leaf out in spring. Summer I could take or leave.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stegotyranno420

I'm at school and theres a school shooting threat right now... the unknown shooter might strike today or another day. I hope it's a hoax

Thialfi

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on December 06, 2021, 07:28:02 PM
I'm at school and theres a school shooting threat right now... the unknown shooter might strike today or another day. I hope it's a hoax
Stay safe. If you feel unsafe please stay home. Terrible situation to be in. Take care!

Shonisaurus

Be careful, listen to your teachers and stay safe. Sometimes in extreme cases it is better to hide somewhere in school from people who are unhinged school serial killers who are snipers and kill for no reason.

BlueKrono

Maybe you're sick of hearing about COVID, but my partner, myself and our 1 month old baby have it now.

We made it 22 months through this pandemic, but finally got it. We don't know who from. Everyone we've been around has tested negative. We've been very careful these past couple years - limiting our socializing, always wearing masks, getting all three vaccines. Now our worst fears are realized. More than the symptoms I'm worried about the effect this will have in him during this critically important stage of development, and what long term effects it will leave him with.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I hope everything is okay, stay safe
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

ceratopsian

Sorry to hear this avatar_BlueKrono @BlueKrono. Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery for all of you.

DinoToyForum

Wishing you and your family a swift recovery avatar_BlueKrono @BlueKrono

My family has also been affected by Covid recently. My aunt somehow caught it. She was double vaccinated and had her booster jab two weeks before she caught it, so had taken all the precautions. She was taken to hospital where the covid eventually killed her. She was in an 'at risk' age and health group, which explains why the vaccine wasn't enough to protect her.

The pandemic is not over, so it is important that we keep talking about it. Please be careful everyone and get vaccinated to help protect yourself and your loved ones and stop the spread.

Shonisaurus

avatar_BlueKrono @BlueKrono  I'm very sorry about what is happening to you. Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery.

avatar_DinoToyForum @dinotoyforum  I am very sorry about his aunt, a loved one who dies from any illness is sad and it is not the exception that he dies from covid. It is clear whether or not you are vaccinated against this terrible disease does not free you from contracting it and even dying. Nobody has bought life. Best wishes and I am so sorry. Cheer up! Hopefully that disease will be defeated, still the battle against the covid that is a curse of nature metaphorically speaking has not ended. Many good people are dying as a result of this terrible epidemic. Take care of everyone. Take the mask outside the home and inside when you have to receive someone, even if it is a relative as long as it is not living with you.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: