News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: Dunkleosteus

Started by joossa, August 04, 2016, 05:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joossa

Rebor Dunkleosteus
Rebor teased this (what seems to be) prototype in progress on 08/04/16 without providing any information or hints as to what kind of product this may or may not be. Stay tuned for more information.

Scale: ?
Tease Date: 08/04/16 (Potential Prototype)
Black and White Image Release Date: ?
Official Color Images Released on: ?
Estimated Date Product Available for Purchase: ?

Comes with a Base: ?
Accessories/Extras: ?

This thread is for specific discussion on Rebor's Dunkleosteus. Below are Rebor's statements on this product and product images from their FaceBook page and from this forum.

Quotes:

08/04/16
QuoteMeanwhile in the REBOR household...

Tease Image of Potential Prototype: 08/04/16:

Unpainted Prototype: 09/19/17:

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Silvanusaurus

Looks like a mummified specimen for their oddities line...  ;)

Derek.McManus

I thought it looked like a clay master for a prototype model, notice the milliput modelling clay to one side of the shot, anyway looks like Dunkleosteus is popular at the moment!

tanystropheus

Actually, a lot of resin kit models of Dunk have a half-mummified/half-fossilized look.

Silvanusaurus

Flippant though my comment was, you never can tell with Rebor, it could legitimately be a sculpt for a mummified specimen in their oddities line...
Though I'd be more interested in just a normal figure.

Shadowknight1

Oh joy, another new product announcement.  Meanwhile, over at the Cerberus Clan...
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Halichoeres

This looks like a fish that never has to generate any thrust. I'll be interested in photos of subsequent progress, but I'm starting out pretty skeptical.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

postsaurischian

It looks good so far, which is no wonder because it looks a lot like a slightly customized Sean Cooper model.

Megalosaurus

Quote from: postsaurischian on August 05, 2016, 10:05:07 AM
It looks good so far, which is no wonder because it looks a lot like a slightly customized Sean Cooper model.

I noticed the resemblance too.

But It looks ... famelic.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

stargatedalek

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 05, 2016, 06:26:05 AM
This looks like a fish that never has to generate any thrust. I'll be interested in photos of subsequent progress, but I'm starting out pretty skeptical.
Agreed. I can't picture this being able to move efficiently unless it was very small. The "eel tail" for Dunkleosteus really only works if it's reconstructed very bulky.

Looks like something interesting might be going on with the base.

Halichoeres

Quote from: postsaurischian on August 05, 2016, 10:05:07 AM

It certainly does! Was this a Rebor product tease or just a picture of a buildup they're doing?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

joossa

Rebor recently announced their "Wet Specimens Line" as a part of their Oddities Line. And posted the concept image below. Not sure if there is a chance the Dunkleosteus they teased will fall under this new line. It does look mummified/preserved, so there is a chance there, I think.

Let me know what you guys think and stay tuned for more info.

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Derek.McManus

Halichoeres

Rain

So they'll be like tiny desk top fish tanks? Looks intriguing

acro-man

this dried fish looks chewy and yummy!
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Silvanusaurus

At this rate, it seems like eventually every seperate figure Rebor makes will just be it's own 'line'.

utd7

Seems like a neat idea but I would prefer REBOR focus on ironing out some problems they have with their current 1/35 scale dinos and then maybe widening their range with stuff like other prehistoric creatures like this Dunkleostues.

What really frustates me with all these major toy companies like PAPO and all the others is that they only focus on the well established dinosaur species like T-rex, etc. I get it you have to make the well established and famous species but there are so many cool species to make and not just dinosaurs, like they could make some epic creatures from the Permian and not just Dimetrodon.
We live in a Jurassic World

Halichoeres

Quote from: utd7 on October 17, 2016, 02:18:08 PM
Seems like a neat idea but I would prefer REBOR focus on ironing out some problems they have with their current 1/35 scale dinos and then maybe widening their range with stuff like other prehistoric creatures like this Dunkleostues.

What really frustates me with all these major toy companies like PAPO and all the others is that they only focus on the well established dinosaur species like T-rex, etc. I get it you have to make the well established and famous species but there are so many cool species to make and not just dinosaurs, like they could make some epic creatures from the Permian and not just Dimetrodon.

I agree with both these points. I'm particularly into prehistoric fish, so it bums me out that while there are half a dozen figures each of Dunkleosteus and Megalodon, literally thousands of other prehistoric fish have never been made at all.

utd7

QuoteI agree with both these points. I'm particularly into prehistoric fish, so it bums me out that while there are half a dozen figures each of Dunkleosteus and Megalodon, literally thousands of other prehistoric fish have never been made at all.

Yeah it's nice that someone agrees with my opinions on this matter cause we are seriously missing out on some really nice prehistoric creatures. I actually think that they are spoiled with the choice they have and one of the reasons I sort of like REBOR is that they try to venture away from the norm. This Dunkleosteus would be a welcome addition if it will be in 1/35 scale as I like the figures to be same scale but we will wait and see, I am sure it will be a while. Still waiting for a colour reveal of Deinonychus pack and so far nothing about the supposed Allosaurus.
We live in a Jurassic World

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: