News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Greetings from The Atroxious!

Started by The Atroxious, August 10, 2016, 02:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Atroxious

Hello fellow dinosaur enthusiasts. I've been lurking these forums for a while and finally decided to drop in on the action. I've been a dinosaur nerd ever since I was five years old and saw Jurassic Park for the first time, with which I fell in love. Before Jurassic Park my only experience with dinosaurs had been Barney and other similarly obnoxiously cutesy variations, which prompted me to believe in my earliest years that I didn't like dinosaurs. I suppose I've been proven wrong.

My interest over the years has waxed and waned, but in 2009, I developed a fascination with ornithology, which naturally brought me back to my dinosaur roots. Ever since, I've been struck with dino fever, and it shows no sign of fading anytime soon. I've also been interested in toy collecting for ten years or so, and indeed my dinosaur fascination and toy collecting inclinations were bound to intersect.

My favorite dinosaurs are of course theropods, and specifically maniraptoriform theropods, though I also fancy carnosaurs and spinosaurs as well. I'm less interested in non-theropod dinosaurs, though I do appreciate them as part of the ecosystems in which they lived. I do hope I'm forgiven for being more of a theropod enthusiast than a dinosaur fan proper if we're going to get technical, but there are precious few places online where discussions about non-avian theropods specifically take place, so here I shall be.

It's great to meet you all, and I anticipate joining the myriad interesting discussions I've previously only witnessed.

Derek.McManus

Jose S.M.

Hello and welcome.  And don't worry we all have some preferences about dinosaurs, so it's nothing to worry about if you like the theropods the most

Halichoeres

Welcome, good to see lurkers pipe up! :)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Silvanusaurus

Hello and welcome, I must confess to being a mainly theropod enthusiast myself.

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Libraraptor

laticauda

DinoToyForum

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.