News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM

Started by dragon53, August 10, 2016, 06:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papi-Anon

Quote from: John on July 04, 2018, 08:00:13 PM
[Maybe they could both be torn apart by a large group of Ceratosaurus,Allosaurus or anything else that isn't a T. rex.  >:D

Allo DID show up in this movie as a juvenile, and who's to say that one wasn't cloned from one of the larger specimens?
Gigantosaurus would be fun. Technically we've already seen two dinosaurs descended from Giga in the last two movies....
Shapeways Store: The God-Fodder
DeviantArt: Papi-Anon
Cults3D: Papi-Anon

"They said I could be whatever I wanted to be when I evolved. So I decided to be a crocodile."
-Ambulocetus, 47.8–41.3mya

Reptilia

Ceratosaurus went extinct on Sorna, so it's unlikely that they'll bring it back for the third chapter. I would be interested to see more of the Allosaurus though, the few frames we've seen in FK are rather intriguing. They've done a quite good render of the animal, albeit consistent with the JP canon.

John

Quote from: Papi-Anon on July 04, 2018, 09:24:46 PM
[Maybe they could both be torn apart by a large group of Ceratosaurus,Allosaurus or anything else that isn't a T. rex.  >:D

Allo DID show up in this movie as a juvenile, and who's to say that one wasn't cloned from one of the larger specimens?
Gigantosaurus would be fun. Technically we've already seen two dinosaurs descended from Giga in the last two movies....
Spoiler
We actually saw more than just the juvenile Allosaurus this time,there was the large adult one that was hit and killed by the burning boulder that shot out of the volcano during the eruption scene as it was just about to attack the people in that rolling hamster ball looking ride in addition to the juvenile one in the cage during the auction scene.
[close]
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

John

Quote from: Reptilia on July 04, 2018, 09:33:25 PM
Ceratosaurus went extinct on Sorna, so it's unlikely that they'll bring it back for the third chapter. I would be interested to see more of the Allosaurus though, the few frames we've seen in FK are rather intriguing. They've done a quite good render of the animal, albeit consistent with the JP canon.
Spoiler
The movie only gives a quick mention of Isla Sorna,much less about anything going extinct again there.The only thing that can be inferred about Sorna is that there are no  dinosaurs there anymore by the time of this latest movie since no one even thinks about going to Site B to look for any Velociraptors there.But,given the events of this latest installment,anything not in this one (old or new) could be cloned again.Though Ceratosaurus is my favorite dinosaur of them all,I'm only joking about wanting to see it killing the Tyrannosaurus via dog piling... :)
[close]
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Reptilia

We actually know that all dinosaurs went extinct on Sorna cause the movie campaign said so via the DPG thing. So after FK we can assume that only the eleven species that has been rescued from Nublar are surviving.

Papi-Anon

Quote from: Reptilia on July 04, 2018, 10:12:28 PM
We actually know that all dinosaurs went extinct on Sorna cause the movie campaign said so via the DPG thing. So after FK we can assume that only the eleven species that has been rescued from Nublar are surviving.

Which is kinda depressing to me. The tribe of raptors on Sorna was my favorite part of JP3.
Shapeways Store: The God-Fodder
DeviantArt: Papi-Anon
Cults3D: Papi-Anon

"They said I could be whatever I wanted to be when I evolved. So I decided to be a crocodile."
-Ambulocetus, 47.8–41.3mya

Gwangi

In regards to Blue being the last Velociraptor conflicting with those on Sorna...

Spoiler
In the movie they state that's it is Blue that they want specifically, not just any old Velociraptor. Blue was one of a kind. If there were still Velociraptor on Sorna they still wouldn't be the ones they wanted.
[close]

John

Quote from: Papi-Anon on July 04, 2018, 11:59:18 PM

Which is kinda depressing to me. The tribe of raptors on Sorna was my favorite part of JP3.
Spoiler
The events of this latest movie which involves the spreading of the technology to create cloned dinosaurs all over the world opened up the possibility for not only the reappearances of every species that has been seen before,but also any number of new prehistoric animals too.
[close]

alexeratops

Quote from: John on July 05, 2018, 04:33:34 AM
Quote from: Papi-Anon on July 04, 2018, 11:59:18 PM

Spoiler
The events of this latest movie which involves the spreading of the technology to create cloned dinosaurs all over the world opened up the possibility for not only the reappearances of every species that has been seen before,but also any number of new prehistoric animals too.
[close]
Spoiler
Yes, in the end sequence when it showed them opening the case with all of the DNA samples, one of them was labelled Dreadnoughtus!!
[close]
like a bantha!

alexeratops

Quote from: John on July 04, 2018, 09:36:07 PM

Spoiler
We actually saw more than just the juvenile Allosaurus this time,there was the large adult one that was hit and killed by the burning boulder that shot out of the volcano during the eruption scene as it was just about to attack the people in that rolling hamster ball looking ride in addition to the juvenile one in the cage during the auction scene.
[close]

I think that was the juvenile, they looked quite similar. If you look closely, the rock just knocks him down, but he does get back up. So I'm pretty sure that's the same Allo.
like a bantha!

JohannesB

O my goodness, that was a bad movie. Talk about jumping the shark.

John

Quote from: alexeratops on July 05, 2018, 07:57:15 AM
Quote from: John on July 04, 2018, 09:36:07 PM

Spoiler
[close]

I think that was the juvenile, they looked quite similar. If you look closely, the rock just knocks him down, but he does get back up. So I'm pretty sure that's the same Allo.

Spoiler
That Allosaurus was too big to be a juvenile.It looked like it was over 30 feet long (but then size has never been exactly right on the money in this movie series...)
[close]

DinoToyForum

PumperKrickel

deleted

DinoToyForum

Quote from: SuperiorSpider on July 05, 2018, 09:03:59 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on July 05, 2018, 06:19:57 PM
Quote from: Johannes on July 05, 2018, 12:12:16 PM
O my goodness, that was a bad movie. Talk about jumping the shark.

Spoiler

;D

Spoiler
So cloning dinosaurs is fine, but cloning a human is jumping the shark?
[close]

In a Jurassic Park movie, yes. But then I felt hybrid monsters like the Indominus was already a step too far for a series ostensibly about dinosaurs.

What did you like and dislike about the movie?

Reptilia

Lex and Tim shouldn't be clones if we go by the explaination we get in the movie for Hammond and Lockwood parting ways.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Reptilia on July 05, 2018, 09:49:27 PM
Lex and Tim shouldn't be clones if we go by the explaination we get in the movie for Hammond and Lockwood parting ways.

What if Hammond didn't know!

I'm just kidding, it was a joke, it is ridiculous to even consider it. :))

Reptilia

I know you were joking, but they could do something like that. These movie franchises are full with second thoughts and adjustments, I wouldn't be surprised at all to be honest.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Reptilia on July 05, 2018, 10:05:30 PM
I know you were joking, but they could do something like that. These movie franchises are full with second thoughts and adjustments, I wouldn't be surprised at all to be honest.

Sadly, I agree. I said it is ridiculous to consider it, but then these films are becoming ridiculous, so who knows what's next. :o

PumperKrickel

deleted

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: