News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What is your favorite figure?

Started by Lio99, March 14, 2012, 12:25:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amargasaurus cazaui

Are repaints considered an eligible answer here, or does the figure have to be stock in its paint or configuration?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Gwangi

Quote from: Jetoar on August 02, 2012, 08:22:37 PM
My favourite figure is The Lost World Jurassic Park Allosaurus  :). It is the best figure of kenner from my point of view  :).

I love that one too. Out of all the JP dinosaurs it is the one I want the most.

Jetoar

Quote from: Gwangi on August 02, 2012, 09:29:54 PM
My favourite figure is The Lost World Jurassic Park Allosaurus  :). It is the best figure of kenner from my point of view  :).

this is the cheaper for my country http://www.ebay.es/itm/Jurassic-Park-JP47-Allosaurus-The-Lost-World-/251112798803?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3a777d3a53#ht_500wt_1203
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Gwangi

Quote from: Jetoar on August 02, 2012, 11:37:10 PM

this is the cheaper for my country http://www.ebay.es/itm/Jurassic-Park-JP47-Allosaurus-The-Lost-World-/251112798803?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3a777d3a53#ht_500wt_1203

Thanks. Still a bit much for me but the free shipping helps.

Jetoar

Quote from: Gwangi on August 03, 2012, 12:21:41 AM
Quote from: Jetoar on August 02, 2012, 11:37:10 PM

Thanks. Still a bit much for me but the free shipping helps.

you are welcome  :)
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

alexeratops

That is a tough one, er , I would hve to say  the CollectA Deinocheirus or the Wild Safari Vagaceratops. Hard to chose. ??? *orthocone* *orthocone* *orthocone* *orthocone* *orthocone* *orthocone* *orthocone* *orthocone* *orthocone* *orthocone* *orthocone* *orthocone* *orthocone* *orthocone* *orthocone* *orthocone* *orthocone* *orthocone* *orthocone* *orthocone* *orthocone*
like a bantha!

Jetoar

It is a difficult question. I think that Bull T-Rex and Allosaurus of Kenner, Postosuchus of Wild Safari and Giganotosaurus of Carnegie.

Balaur

My fav's are -
Safari Vagaceratops
Papo Styracosaurus
Papo Allosaurus
Carnegie Brachiosaurus
CollectA Torosaurus

I actually just ordered my Vagaceratops, and it should be in my hands on Thursday or Friday.  ;D

amargasaurus cazaui

I had asked once if repaints were valid choices, but I have to admit this figure has stolen my heart since it came home.
It is of course the Carnegie Psittacosaurus, but with our own Copper's special touch. My new favorite !!!

[attachment msg=19886][/attachment]
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Balaur

Add quills and the world will stop moving in amazment.  ;)

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: balaurbondoc2843 on September 27, 2012, 05:28:18 AM
Add quills and the world will stop moving in amazment.  ;)

I know, I know, everyone loves the quills....just not entirely sold they all should have them based on a single (1) total fossil.  For now, I am somewhat 50/50...with or without works for me. I make a point to have the collecta and shapeways piece displayed right alongside the carnegie for contrast and so people can choose for themselves.
    The thing I love about Copper's work on this piece is when you zero in on the eyes and face the thing looks alive. It is that well painted.

Patrx

I will snap up the first decent Psittacosaurus figure I see with neutral hands and quills (I know you aren't sold yet, but you know me, eh?). Didn't Aaron Doyle say he was going to modify the hands on his Shapeways model?

At any rate, yes, that repaint is marvelous! It's amazing how great a mass-produced figure can look with the right paintwork to bring out the details. I really must get together some funds and have one or two of mine worked on.

amargasaurus cazaui

Right, and its odd that none of the Psittacosaurus models so far share those traits. Aaron did state he wanted to redo the leg standing part of the animal to make it less unstable, and he also suggested he would neutralize the hands.
  On a seperate note, while thoroughly derailing the thread, I did want to mention you were the first to mention my psittacosaurus had improperly mounted manus, something I corrected yesterday evening. While the results are not quite perfect, I do feel they are adequately neutral to be correct now.I felt a thanks was in order and notice your comments do find fertile ground where they can

Arrancon

My favs are the Carnegie Giganotosaurus and Carnegie Concavenator. I know they are in the same pose, but I like it ^-^

alexeratops

Quote from: Dinobot on September 27, 2012, 05:42:07 PM
My favs are the Carnegie Giganotosaurus and Carnegie Concavenator. I know they are in the same pose, but I like it ^-^

I'm not sure that counts, carnegie concav hase'nt even been realesed yet, so how can you say it's your favorite? >:D
like a bantha!

TheAllosaur

Part-time genius!

KeU

Unpainted Invicta Brachiosaurus
JP:LW Thrasher T-Rex
Krentz's Tyrannosaurus and Giganotosaurus
Sideshow Apatosaurus
Wild Safari Allosaurus.

DinoLord

Sideshow Apatosaurus
Dinotales Protoceratops
Sega T. rex
Battat Triceratops
Thrasher T. Rex

Paleo & Fish Collector

I like the ROM Opabinia and Kaiyodo Dinotales Pteraspis.

Aram-Rex

Really hard to say, but I guess these are my favourites.
1 Papo T-Rex
2 Papo Raptor
3 Papo Stegosaurus
4 Papo Pachyrhinosaurus
5 Safari Ltd Velociraptor

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: