News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Great Toy Companeys with Awful Customer Service?

Started by Takama, August 12, 2016, 05:34:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

OK im not sure if the title is a appropriate, but i found this video on toy comapney Neca, and learned how there run by a man who is......lets just say as bad as Rebors Rep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsgX8MM8uVE

I watched this video and i began thinking about where i saw this before. and immediately i thought about Rebors treatment on there customers. They said Neca is one of the companeys they look up too, so maybe this is why they are not the best people to work with.

Do you guys have any other examples of Toy Comapaneys with **** representatives besides Neca and Rebor?

Flaffy

The vid doesn't work for me, could you kindly post a link? ;D Thanks

Takama

I tried posting the link but it wont work ::)

Here is the playlist. the Video is called, "The problem with Neca"

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRq9ni9cv5Mk8Fq7mkzFJ8nR0UHPZHly3

tyrantqueen

I didn't watch the video the whole way through, but listening to that guy talk, I have to say I think he's way too sensitive. The NECA guy is rude but he didn't outright insult anyone. Just ignore and move on.

Rain

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 12, 2016, 11:57:02 AM
I didn't watch the video the whole way through, but listening to that guy talk, I have to say I think he's way too sensitive. The NECA guy is rude but he didn't outright insult anyone. Just ignore and move on.

I'm going to have to agree with TQ, the dude is just sensitive. Most of the things the OP considered insulting wasn't even that bad and to be fair, the OP initiated most of it. Unprofessional, yes. Awful? Not really. There's no need to throw a fuss over someone not liking your favorite movie, (which in all honesty was pretty *hite).

Gwangi

It does help to watch the whole video, which I know is long, I can't believe I watched it all. He makes a lot of great points after his initial rant about his personal experience with the rep.

Patrx

Whoah. This guy seems like a real jerk. REBOR's commentary is seriously rude; this NECA rep is just a little brash.

Rain

Quote from: Patrx on August 12, 2016, 03:46:32 PM
Whoah. This guy seems like a real jerk. REBOR's commentary is seriously rude; this NECA rep is just a little brash.
The rep or the poster?

Patrx

Quote from: Rain on August 12, 2016, 04:40:52 PM
The rep or the poster?

I should have been more clear, I meant the host of the video.

Rain

Quote from: Patrx on August 12, 2016, 05:00:51 PM
Quote from: Rain on August 12, 2016, 04:40:52 PM
The rep or the poster?

I should have been more clear, I meant the host of the video.

Yeah, I definitely agree. The reason I didn't watch the entire video initially is because he came off as very condescending especially with the mockery. But Gwangi is right,he does make some valid points after he finishes talking about his personal issues.

Patrx

Quote from: Rain on August 12, 2016, 06:16:19 PM
Yeah, I definitely agree. The reason I didn't watch the entire video initially is because he came off as very condescending especially with the mockery. But Gwangi is right,he does make some valid points after he finishes talking about his personal issues.

Indeed, the later points about quality control and similar are much more valid, in my view.

Gwangi

I'm subscribed to his channel. He's certainly...passionate...about his hobby but I generally find myself agreeing with him, especially where "Jurassic Park" toys are concerned.

The Atroxious

The guy in the video seems to be overreacting. Yeah, there are people who will say that your favorite movie, book, show, game, whatever, is terrible, but it doesn't make you look good when you start getting all offended and insulting them. This guy keeps saying that he understands differences in opinions, and that he was harsh in his response, but he doesn't seem to feel that way because he keeps laying the blame on the other guy, and trying to make him sound like an idiot.

I honestly don't think insulting your favorite movie is the same as insulting you as a person, though this guy seems to think they're directly connected.

Gwangi

Even if Brando overreacted it is still pretty lame for a representative to claim the movie is crap when he is representing a company that manufactures collectables that tie into that movie. It's classless behavior from a person who should be professional and unbiased. Regardless of his opinion, he is the voice of NECA and should conduct himself better.

tyrantqueen

I never understood why people are so into the Alien movies. I've seen all four and I didn't particularly like any of them. I never liked the Xenomorph design either. It's gross looking and nothing I would want on a shelf.

He does make some valid points later in the video. From the things he says about NECA's QC, it looks like they need to clean up their act. Hiring personnel with better people skills would also help.

But yeah, he's taking it way too personally. Needs to grow a thicker skin, I'd say.

The Atroxious

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 13, 2016, 10:26:25 AM
I never understood why people are so into the Alien movies. I've seen all four and I didn't particularly like any of them. I never liked the Xenomorph design either. It's gross looking and nothing I would want on a shelf.

He does make some valid points later in the video. From the things he says about NECA's QC, it looks like they need to clean up their act. Hiring personnel with better people skills would also help.

But yeah, he's taking it way too personally. Needs to grow a thicker skin, I'd say.

To be fair, some people like "gross". Half of my favorite movies and games have been described as "gross-looking". The pride and joy of my own toy collection (which, incidentally, is made by NECA) is the Skeksis Chamberlain from The Dark Crystal, which has been described as "gross-looking" on a number of occasions. I personally don't see him as gross so much as unusual, awesome, and visually interesting. I love having him on the shelf in my studio where I can't help but look at him. I don't especially care about Xenomorphs myself, but I attribute that to the fact that I never found H.R. Geiger's designs to be particularly interesting. It all comes down to taste. Different people find different things aesthetically pleasing.

That said, I do agree with the quality control issue, since no one wants to buy a toy only to have it fall apart straight out of the package. I just wish this guy had been more diplomatic about it. It's hard to take someone seriously if he's acting overly hostile and entitled, even if he does make some valid points.

Gwangi

I love the designs of the zenomorphs, particularly the queen. And I love the first two films, especially "Aliens". But I like gross things. speculative zoology, science fiction, creature features, and all that jazz. I wish someone would make some of the creatures from John Carpenter's "The Thing".  8)

This lovely lady by Mcfarlane Toys is one of the pride and joys of my collection (picture is not mine).

Mod Edit: Fixed image tags

The Atroxious

Quote from: Gwangi on August 14, 2016, 11:52:47 PM
I love the designs of the zenomorphs, particularly the queen. And I love the first two films, especially "Aliens". But I like gross things. speculative zoology, science fiction, creature features, and all that jazz. I wish someone would make some of the creatures from John Carpenter's "The Thing".  8)

This lovely lady by Mcfarlane Toys is one of the pride and joys of my collection (picture is not mine).

This is the Skeksis figure I spoke of:

Gross? According to some, certainly. All the same, to me, he's the best of my collection.

I'd also love to see figures from The Thing. The creature designs in that movie are gorgeous.

Jose S.M.

Well I don't know anything about that figure but I don't find it gross at all,  it's awesome! And I really love the creatures from the thing too.

Uroplatus

Quote from: Gwangi on August 14, 2016, 11:52:47 PM

Mcfarlane did make figures from "The Thing" for their Movie Maniacs line.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: