News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari: New for 2017

Started by Patrx, August 22, 2016, 08:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Watson

Quote from: Faelrin on January 13, 2017, 05:47:22 AM
If they removed it that may be why I seem to be having such a hard time finding it. Can't find what's not there. Really wish I knew what stores carried these aside from that one store I went to earlier in the week, so I can eventually hunt these down in person, especially in regards to the Feathered Tyrannosaurus, when it arrives in any case. I can take my chances with the other figures I want online, but that's the one I'd really like to see in person before buying it.

Have you tried asking Safari Ltd for a list of local retailers [email protected]. Just let them know your location and zip code, hopefully they can help. Also let them know you want to see the product in person or they may just suggest buying online.

Shonisaurus

I just received the news of Safari 2017 of dinosaurs and I can only say that they are fabulous their recreations paleoartísticas, they look much better than in the photographs in person. On the other hand the feathered tyrannosaurus rex stays perfectly well standing without problems.
The parasaurolophus that I had criticized as a less relevant figure is perhaps the best in the whole toy world is very detailed.
The tylosaurus is beautiful and is even an improvement over its predecessor of Carnegie and that which is also a great figure from the paleo-cultural point of view.
Thanks to Doug Watson and the other magnificent sculptors, we must recognize that this year Safari is the best pre-historic toy and dinosaur company in the world.  ^-^

Neosodon

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 13, 2017, 01:48:51 PM
I just received the news of Safari 2017 of dinosaurs and I can only say that they are fabulous their recreations paleoartísticas, they look much better than in the photographs in person. On the other hand the feathered tyrannosaurus rex stays perfectly well standing without problems.
The parasaurolophus that I had criticized as a less relevant figure is perhaps the best in the whole toy world is very detailed.
The tylosaurus is beautiful and is even an improvement over its predecessor of Carnegie and that which is also a great figure from the paleo-cultural point of view.
Thanks to Doug Watson and the other magnificent sculptors, we must recognize that this year Safari is the best pre-historic toy and dinosaur company in the world.  ^-^
That's great to hear! :) Some of the models looked not so great in the promo pictures but it looks like they are all blowing everyone's expectations.

Sure would be nice if somone posted pictures of the Parasauralophus. ;)

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Killekor

Can someone post some pictures of the Deinocherus?

Thanks

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Reptilia

we must recognize that this year Safari is the best pre-historic toy and dinosaur company in the world.

I won't mention any french company cause I know that people would loathe them for their lack of scientific accuracy, but I think Collecta did an overall better job than Safari with their offering.

John

Quote from: Reptilia on January 13, 2017, 09:10:37 PM
we must recognize that this year Safari is the best pre-historic toy and dinosaur company in the world.

I won't mention any french company cause I know that people would loathe them for their lack of scientific accuracy, but I think Collecta did an overall better job than Safari with their offering.
Unfortunately,CollectA's constant distribution problems will keep them from being any kind of real competition for any other company in the market (Reeves will not improve things here in North America)...which is too bad as the more lines out there the better.Every time there was an improvement in the Carnegie line,it was always in response to a new rival,first Battat in the late 90's then Papo in the mid 2000's.Nothing would make me happier than seeing CollectA force Safari into upping their game and of course vice versa. :)
As to the subject at hand,seeing the new Velociraptor makes me happy I didn't bother with a certain Kickstarter campaign. ;)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

amargasaurus cazaui

I can -place a few shots of some of the models if I know which ones you are wanting to see...except the rex, as when my order was sent it was not on hand yet. I have all of the other safari new releases....
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

ItsTwentyBelow

Picked up Parasaurolophus and Coelophysis a few days ago, here are a few quick photos!

Two more extremely impressive figures!

One thing's for sure, we're swamped with awesome new figures this year!

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on January 14, 2017, 06:28:49 PM
Picked up Parasaurolophus and Coelophysis a few days ago, here are a few quick photos!

Two more extremely impressive figures!

One thing's for sure, we're swamped with awesome new figures this year!

Nice close up pictures of the para. I thought the paint app looked a bit rough from some of the promo pictures, but from what you posted the production piece looks fine.

It also looks to me like the coelophysis colors could have been inspired by a springbok or thompson's gazelle?
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

bigbear

Darn, drat and other expletives beginning with D! There was me thinknig I would be happy with Collectas and even a few Papo's and then ALONG comes Safari with THESE... I guess i'll have to buy them online, as I've yet to find a Safari dealer with a shop in the UK!

Neosodon

The Parasauralophus is not bad. Its better than the promo pictures portrayed it but the color scheme is kind of meh. :-\ The head looks a little dull. But its a nice sculpt overall.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

PumperKrickel

deleted

tanystropheus

Quote from: Neosodon on January 14, 2017, 09:26:04 PM
The Parasauralophus is not bad. Its better than the promo pictures portrayed it but the color scheme is kind of meh. :-\ The head looks a little dull. But its a nice sculpt overall.

It also has the best skin texturing of all safari models. The skin looks organic.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on January 14, 2017, 09:37:04 PM
Quote from: Neosodon on January 14, 2017, 09:26:04 PM

It also has the best skin texturing of all safari models. The skin looks organic.

From the scientific point of view and regarding texture it is superior to the other reconstructions that both Carnegie and Safari have done in the past. It is from my humble point of view an improvement on that figure on the part of Safari. Which would have been great if it had been done on a smaller scale so that the figure was more voluminous. But that's within the philosophy of Safari that I totally respect.

Faelrin

Quote from: Doug Watson on January 13, 2017, 12:51:21 PM
Quote from: Faelrin on January 13, 2017, 05:47:22 AM
If they removed it that may be why I seem to be having such a hard time finding it. Can't find what's not there. Really wish I knew what stores carried these aside from that one store I went to earlier in the week, so I can eventually hunt these down in person, especially in regards to the Feathered Tyrannosaurus, when it arrives in any case. I can take my chances with the other figures I want online, but that's the one I'd really like to see in person before buying it.

Have you tried asking Safari Ltd for a list of local retailers [email protected]. Just let them know your location and zip code, hopefully they can help. Also let them know you want to see the product in person or they may just suggest buying online.

Thank you. I didn't realize this was an option. I just sent that address an email now. I'm hoping there are some in my area that I'm just not aware of yet.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Patrx

It seems to me that the Parasaurolophus is one of those pieces that really comes to life more effectively on close examination:

Reptilia

This Parasaurolophus definitely is a nice sculpt, but yeah the colour scheme could have been way better. And I don't get the point of those brownish/reddish eyes, like I didn't get the point of the electric green eyes on last year's Iguanodon.

In terms of quality control it seems that with the Velociraptor they did no better than the feathered T-Rex. What a shame.

KeU

Quote from: Reptilia on January 15, 2017, 03:35:35 AM
In terms of quality control it seems that with the Velociraptor they did no better than the feathered T-Rex. What a shame.
I am not surprised, considering they would closely regulate the touch time every painter has per figure to keep the production line moving as quickly as possible.
And since these 2 are most definitely from the same line, the quality would be comparable.

I still think they are pretty good though. Not show stopping in my view.

Killekor

Quote from: Reptilia on January 15, 2017, 03:35:35 AM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i7OEvo-GjUg

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

DinoToyForum

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: