News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari: New for 2017

Started by Patrx, August 22, 2016, 08:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

SpartanSquat

Thanks for the info! One question: In the catalog there are som missing dinosaurs?

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: Sim on September 20, 2016, 02:43:28 AM
Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on September 20, 2016, 02:17:35 AM
Quote from: suspsy on September 20, 2016, 01:58:12 AM
Dan was working on an Einiosaurus? I thought the only ones he hadn't completed were Majungasaurus, Plateosaurus, and Yutyrannus.

He said he'd make one in a future lineup.

Right here, actually: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2494.msg74459#msg74459

I remember that.  Although when Takama said what dinosaurs Dan was planning to do for the third series of new sculpts, Einiosaurus wasn't among them (Reply #11): http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3857.msg112615#msg112615

I realized that too but at this point we'll never know.

I'm also wondering if the psittacosaurus will use an accurate paintjob. The information has been out for a year now at least, so I'm hoping so.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Dino8me1

Luckily, my friend has just sent me a set of those leaked pictures but I am not sure if it is wrong to show them in the public before official announcement.

amargasaurus cazaui

Excited to see a new psittacosaurus.  Once the Carnegie piece was retired there has not been a really solid general sale model of the dinosaur to be offered.  Nice call safari
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Flaffy

Very interested in this year's line up!
Excited to see how Safari colours their deinocheirus, CollectA screwed up their paint app on theirs IMO.

Flaffy

Quote from: Dino8me1 on September 20, 2016, 03:11:30 AM
Luckily, my friend has just sent me a set of those leaked pictures but I am not sure if it is wrong to show them in the public before official announcement.
Nah, don't show them. We already did enough leaking the full list of figures.

SBell

Quote from: Dino8me1 on September 20, 2016, 12:32:44 AM
I just saw all 2017 prehistoric creatures from Safari when I surfed the Facebook yesterday, but all of them were already deleted after that maybe due to the confidential policy.

According to the catalogue, they are said to be available in October.

The creatures of 2017 are

1) Black Microraptor
2) Psittacosaurus with quills
3) Feathered T.rex as you have seen in promotion poster
4) Feathered Velociraptor
5) Einiosaurus
6) Coelophysis
7) Parasaurolophus walking on all fours
8) Yellow Tylosaurus
9) New Quetzalcoatlus
10) Cronosaurus with the same color as Carnegie's
11) Giganotosaurus
12) Deinocheirus

There's always someone out there to break Safari's trust. Not sure why people do that.

But not all of them will be out in October. Not gonna say which.

empire3569

Quote from: SBell on September 20, 2016, 04:13:30 AM
I just saw all 2017 prehistoric creatures from Safari when I surfed the Facebook yesterday, but all of them were already deleted after that maybe due to the confidential policy.

1) Black Microraptor
5) Einiosaurus
6) Coelophysis
8) Yellow Tylosaurus
9) New Quetzalcoatlus
11) Giganotosaurus
12) Deinocheirus

There's always someone out there to break Safari's trust. Not sure why people do that.

But not all of them will be out in October. Not gonna say which.

Oh I hope the Giga is one of the ones released in October....

Shadowknight1

Late to the party, but that feathered raptor...yeah, it just blew the Carnegie out of the water, IMO.  Also kinda looking forward to that Microraptor.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

The Atroxious

Ooh, that's three maniraptoriformes. Sounds good, and considering the sculpt for the Velociraptor, I'm pretty excited about the rest.

Honestly, I'm skeptical that the Deinocheirus paint job will be better than the CollectA version. Safari seems to be getting worse in terms of paint applications, and in some cases, color choices. That said, the CollectA Deinocheirus' pose looks incredibly awkward to me, so I'm hoping the Safari version's is better.

Flaffy

Who decides the paint schemes on Safari's dinosaurs?

Takama

Quote from: suspsy on September 20, 2016, 01:14:54 AM
Assuming that this list is the real thing, then I'm disappointed to hear that we're getting a Parasaurolophus. I'm sure it will look fantastic and I will most likely end up getting it, but there are so many crested hadrosaurs that aren't getting their due. Lambeosaurus. Magnapaulia. Saurolophus. Hypacrosaurus. The list goes on. Oh well.

ALl of those would be great. (though i say they should stay away from Magnapaulia due to the lack of skull)   I been clamoring for a remake of there Parasaurolophus and there Hypacrosaurus. so far we got one, lets hope for the other

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: SBell on September 20, 2016, 04:13:30 AM

1) Black Microraptor
5) Einiosaurus
6) Coelophysis
8) Yellow Tylosaurus
9) New Quetzalcoatlus
11) Giganotosaurus
12) Deinocheirus

I'm excited for the Microraptor, Psittacosaurus, Einiosaurus, Deinocheirus, Giganotosaurus, feathered T. rex and V. mongoliensis, Quetzalcoatlus, Diplodocus, Coelophysis, and Tylosaurus! Para and Corytho, maybe.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Concavenator

Dino8me1

Quote from: Concavenator on September 20, 2016, 06:52:22 AM
Where are the photos?
I have them in my folder but I was advised not to show them in public right now.

postsaurischian

:D It's good to see Safari reacting to the discontinued Carnegie line. It shows how much they still care for their Dinosaurs.

It's only logical to involve some classic species in the Wild Safari line that had been missing. I do not understand the "disappointed" comments.
Negativism has become pretty common here at the DTF. Meanwhile It already starts before we see any of the new releases' pics.

I can't wait to see some of the updates - such as Psittacosaurus, Microraptor or Parasaurolophus :).

darth daniel

Did the catalogue provide the scales or sizes of the figures?

Dino8me1

Quote from: darth daniel on September 20, 2016, 08:08:54 AM
Did the catalogue provide the scales or sizes of the figures?

Due to their small sizes, I could not tell you exactly how big they are, but here are the  dimensions I can read from those small pictures

Microraptor : 7"W x 5.25"L

T.rex : 12"L x 5.25"H

Velociraptor : 8.5"L x 2.75"H

Psittacosaurus : 5.25"L x 1.75"H

Tylosaurus : 9.25"L x 1.5"H

Diplodocus : 18"L x 4.5"H

Einiosaurus : 6.25"L x 2.5"H

Cronosaurus : 13.5"L x 7.75"H

Quetzalcoatlas : 7.25"L x 8.75"H

Deinocheirus : 7.75"L x 3"H

Parasaurolophus : 7.75"L x 2.25"H

Giganotosuarus : 14.5"L x 4"H

Coelophysis : 7.25"L x 2.5"H

CityRaptor

Yep, they are definately releasing replacements for the Carnegie Collection.

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 20, 2016, 08:06:56 AM
I do not understand the "disappointed" comments.

I agree.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: