News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari: New for 2017

Started by Patrx, August 22, 2016, 08:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Wow. Do want.

This new sculptor kicks butt.

Silvanusaurus

Flaffy

Quote from: Concavenator on September 29, 2016, 08:18:30 PM
https://www.safariltd.com/microraptor
This will go well with the carnegie one.
High chance of purchasing, since it's one of the cheaper ones.
Kinda hoped that it would've been in a different pose, but this works just fine.
Which version do you guys like better? Safari's offering or BotM's articulated one?

SpartanSquat

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 29, 2016, 08:27:37 PM
Wow. Do want.

You mean Microraptor sculptor? I thought Watson made it

Dilopho

I prefer the Carnegie overall but this Micro looks so lovely and birdy!
Delicate! It just looks a bit too....neat? Clean? Do you know what I mean?
Like, if you have the Carnegie, pick it up and look at the crisp details and wings etc, but this one looks a little more,....blunt? Smooth?
I know what I want to say but it's hard to put it into words, heh.... ::)

Thylacosmilus

Amazing sculpt!

I'm really tempted to put it on my list of future acquisitions! :)

MLMjp

Now that´s a Microraptor. ^-^
The paint on the snout looks a bit sloopy though.

Dilopho

Hope no one minds but I'm just putting the image here so whenever I come back to check the comments on this thread I don't have to load up the web page again to see it!  ^-^

Minmiminime

Splendid! Such a well executed sculpt ;D Soon, those who still think "feathered dinosaurs aren't scary" will have nowhere to run. I'm going to get this, and I'm going to call it "Kylo"
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

suspsy

The all-black colour scheme makes the Microraptor look too much like the Archaeopteryx, but one can't really complain. It is based on science, after all. And the sculpting looks great.

Someone should start adding these images to the first post in this thread.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Doug Watson

Doug Watson

Quote from: RolandEden on September 29, 2016, 07:02:56 PM
Looks so beautifull the Parasaurolophus! The first leaked pic was...too bland but this...Doug did you sculpt this guy?

Yup.

Patrx

Quote from: suspsy on September 29, 2016, 09:14:12 PM
The all-black colour scheme makes the Microraptor look too much like the Archaeopteryx, but one can't really complain. It is based on science, after all. And the sculpting looks great.

It is indeed science-based, but the Archaeopteryx has a more nuanced color scheme with some iridescent paint - which would have looked neat on the Microraptor as well. Overall, I like it, the neck and chest are properly enfluffled and the tail is awesome. But, the yellow is a bit overbright and doesn't seem to be blended into the black at all. Plus, the wing digits should be fuzzy, not scaly.

Quote from: suspsy on September 29, 2016, 09:14:12 PM
Someone should start adding these images to the first post in this thread.
I already did  :D

SpartanSquat

Oh I thought you made the Microraptor! I notice your scales in the Parasaurolophus.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Gwangi on September 29, 2016, 01:56:48 AM
This looks like it's going to be the new definitive T. rex. Sorry Battat (it pains me to say it). Sorry CollectA (I never liked theirs anyway). Sorry Papo (wait, no I'm not).

Nice.

I'm liking everything I've seen so far! The Para definitely benefits from a closer look. Safari is really living up to their slogan this year.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Patrx

New promo image of the Microraptor!

Shonisaurus

What has not yet revealed the company is what kind of material is made.
It is with solid PVC or holes are dinosaurs like Carnegie or PNSO kronosaurus dinosaurs.
Anyway Microraptor is an excellent and realistic details figure and what matters most to me has no "war paint"

Moreover it is done by another sculptor different from Doug Watson, which has not revealed the names of the new sculptors.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Fantastic! The bright yellow might be a little distracting but I thought the same thing about the archaeopteryx before I saw it in person.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Concavenator

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 29, 2016, 08:27:37 PM
Wow. Do want.

Yes,I want it too.Microraptor is a gorgeous creature and the model is really nice.Only nitpicks I have are those Patrx already mentioned,but I really like it.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: