News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

BlueKrono's Collections

Started by BlueKrono, September 12, 2016, 06:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Wonderful marine reptile collection! Which company produced the large brown/black Plesiosaur in the picture showing the large figures?

Libraraptor

BlueKrono

Quote from: Roselaar on January 09, 2017, 10:58:38 AM
Wonderful marine reptile collection! Which company produced the large brown/black Plesiosaur in the picture showing the large figures?

Not quite sure. The only thing on the underside are some random numbers and the word "Carlisle". I got mine at one of those traveling animatronic dinosaur shows two years ago, and our dear Dr. Admin picked up one of his own when he was in China.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

BlueKrono

What did I do today instead of that stuff I should have been doing? Organized and photographed my incidentals. What are incidentals, you ask? Incidentals is the term I use for figures that aren't really part of any collection, they're just stuff you picked up along the way. A lot of times there will be something I want in a lot, but I have to bid on all of it to get it and end up with 20 or 30 extras that I'm not too attached to. Here's what I've accumulated over the years, organized into semi-coherent groups, usually families. My apologies to hardcore taxonomy enthusiasts; I had to do some pretty brutal shoehorning, Walcott style, to fit some pretty generic or weird figures into some group. Since a lot of these weren't figures I was actively searching for I don't always know as much about them as I do figures in my official collections, but if you have any questions I'd be happy to try to answer them, or we could throw it up on the figure ID thread.

Hadrosaurids

Iguanodontids

Ankylosaurids

Ceratopsids

Stegosaurids

Pachycephalosaurids

Prosauropods

Sauropods

Spinosaurids

Dromaeosaurids and other small theropods

Dilophosaurids

Tyrannosaurids

Pterosaurs

Dimetrodon

Others
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Libraraptor

Funny and interesting bunches! Well, you do know you´ve got a Battat Terra Line  Phrhinosaurus there? And some very exciting stuff in your last marine animals picture.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Libraraptor on January 26, 2017, 11:21:03 AM
Funny and interesting bunches! Well, you do know you´ve got a Battat Terra Line  Phrhinosaurus there? And some very exciting stuff in your last marine animals picture.

Yes, I picked that up a few months ago since I was thinking about doing a sculpt of my own of this species of Pachyrhinosaurus and I wanted an accurate, up-to-date model of it for proportions and anatomy reference. I picked it up in a local Target - for $7 and no shipping you can't really go wrong! Now I'm leaning more toward a Sinoceratops, but the Pachy's still a cool figure to have.

Flaffy

Drooling over those PlayVisions Mixosaurus... They're impossible to find now.  ;D

BlueKrono

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on January 26, 2017, 11:49:39 AM
Drooling over those PlayVisions Mixosaurus... They're impossible to find now.  ;D

I don't personally collect ichthyosaurs, but I found a bunch of PV marine reptiles in a bin in some small rural town and bought every one they had. I would certainly be willing to trade for them.

Flaffy

Quote from: BlueKrono on January 26, 2017, 12:15:18 PM

I don't personally collect ichthyosaurs, but I found a bunch of PV marine reptiles in a bin in some small rural town and bought every one they had. I would certainly be willing to trade for them.
Lucky you, nice finds. Is there a list of what you need?

BlueKrono

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on January 26, 2017, 12:19:07 PM
Quote from: BlueKrono on January 26, 2017, 12:15:18 PM

Lucky you, nice finds. Is there a list of what you need?

Of sorts, but it's mostly comprised of stuff that is so rare I've never seen it for sale, and often have never seen it in anyone else's collection. And most things post 2013, which I feel I can wait on... Of course at the top of my list are the PV prehistoric amphibians. Aside from that I usually peek through people's collections and see if anything catches my fancy.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Pretty cool! Do you know which brand those henodus are?
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

BlueKrono

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on January 26, 2017, 12:38:25 PM
Pretty cool! Do you know which brand those henodus are?

The majority are Play Visions, with one imposter from the Safari toob. It's cool seeing the two side by side.

Halichoeres

Incoming: deluge of requests for PV marine reptiles :)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

BlueKrono

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 26, 2017, 02:35:13 PM
Incoming: deluge of requests for PV marine reptiles :)

Bring 'em on. I can accommodate. PV amphibians holders to the front of the line though.

BlueKrono

Some more incidentals.

Prehistoric cats

Prehistoric ungulates & elephants

Others (there's a few prehistorics in there, so what the heck)

Birds (there's a couple types of Archaeopteryx)

Cephalopods, including some oldies. And a pretty cool Nautilus.

BlueKrono

I also have a strange obsession with the AAA Stego, Trike and Para due to these being some of my favorite toys when I was a kid. Since then I've acquired a rather large array of color variants of these figures.

AAA Stegosaurus

AAA Triceratops

AAA Parasaurolophus

AAA dino eggs

Some more favorite stegosaurs from over the years

Some little tiny guys. The black ones came with a volcano set I had. I noticed the beige one was the same sculpt. Anyone know if these have a brand?

My beloved Carnegie Spinosaurus, repaint and Salvat knockoff

The eventual fate of all dinosaurs...

Halichoeres

I'd never seen the AAA Stego and Trike in Battat colors! They're probably rarer than the actual Battats.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

BlueKrono

Therapsids

Larami Diplodocuses

Imperial T-rex

What is this, Imperial? I always called this an Allosaurus.

Bubonicsaurus rex. From that company that inspired those D&D monsters.

Invicta/Laramie Iguanodons

The delightful hook-tailed UKRD Boley Iguanodon

UKRD Boley Apatosaurus

UKRD Brachiosaurus

The hefty Carnegie Brachiosaurus and two suspiciously similar-looking UKRD Brachios. The Carnegie is my nominee for "Best Figure for Clobbering Home Intruders".

More Apatosauruses. When I bought each one I thought it was the same sculpt. Turns out they're all different.

Jurassic Park Dimetrodon. Guess which one belonged to child BlueKrono...

The enormous Jurassic Park Pteranodon

What are these? Hairy eggs?

Oh. Guess they're mammoths.

There's a couple extinct platypus relatives in here.

And with that, I'd say I've almost certainly posted more than half my dino toys.

Libraraptor

did not know those Laramis vary that much in colour .

Archinto

I see stuff in your incidentals that id love to have! Lol sometimes the neatest little fun guys show up in the incidentals. But seriously, if youd like to unload a few figures out of your incidental pile shoot me a pm! :p
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: