News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Ray Bradbury Has left us

Started by Blade-of-the-Moon, June 08, 2012, 05:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

A man who did so much to kindle my love of Dinosaurs and science fiction in general..even my love of Halloween has left us. It really feels as if there is a void in the world now...or something is wrong and misplaced at this moment. I has to be that Mr. Bradury is no longer among us.

Fox News : http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/06/07/world-without-ray-bradbury/

I don't really have the words to say just how much he impacted my life thus far.  Ricardo Delgado does a pretty good job though..and  I share his sentiments and even some of his same memories : http://ricardodelgadoart.blogspot.com/2012/06/halloween-darkens.html

He was commanded to live forever when he was young..via his stories and those they influenced he will !

Roselaar

A great loss, but at his age hardly unexpected. The world of science fiction will surely miss him, as will Ray Harryhausen. And myself to a lesser extent.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Roselaar on June 08, 2012, 05:59:56 PM
A great loss, but at his age hardly unexpected. The world of science fiction will surely miss him, as will Ray Harryhausen. And myself to a lesser extent.

I don't know..I always kinda felt that he would go on forever..the thought of him passing seemed preposterous...I suppose in the same way a child can't believe in death. It's just a far off thing..then it happens and your lost.  :-\ :(

Simon

Quote from: Roselaar on June 08, 2012, 05:59:56 PM

Indeed.  Bradbury and Harryhausen were close friends for 60 years, a Bradbury short story was the basis of the classic Harryhausen film "The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms", which launched Harryhausen's career as a stop-motion fantasy movie genius.  (As a kid, I remember scouring the TV Guide to see when one of the local channels would be playing one of Harryhausen's classics.)

Bradbury was a genius and a gentleman.  Harryhausen still lives (in London), though he has retired from public appearances, being over 90 years old himself....

Takama

"and then came the sound of thunder"   RIP Ray Bradbury :'(

Sharptooth

One of my favorite writers, and a great dinosaur fan too... "A Sound of Thunder" is one of the best tales i've ever read.

May he rest in peace  :'(

"I am the eyes in the night, the silence within the wind. I am the talons through the fire."

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.