You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Pachycephalosauria: The Other Marginocephalians

Started by Pachyrhinosaurus, October 29, 2016, 06:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyrhinosaurus

I noticed there hasn't been a thread for this group yet. Pachycephalosaurs aren't exactly numerous or diverse in toy form, with really only one species on the market (depending on what you think about dracorex). Hopefully that will change in the future with more and more obscure species being made each year.
First, the Carnegie pachys, which look rather out of place unless you have two:

Next, the fantastic Wild Safari dracorex, my personal favorite:

The Papo, Jurassic Park Series 2, and CollectA pachys:

The next one is a cast of a stegoceras skull. I'm not exactly sure which specimen it is:

http://And all of them together:

Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

RobinGoodfellow

Jose S.M.

Hahaha love that battle scene! I think we need more pachycephalosaurs! Other species besides Pachycephalosaurus would be nice.

Halichoeres

Wow, I'm surprised there wasn't a pachycephalosaur thread! I agree that we need more than just the Hell Creek trio, whether they be one, two, or three genera. It's particularly baffling that there are essentially no Stegoceras figures, considering that many very good specimens are known. But there is at least one other genus in toy form: the Yowie Prenocephale.

Maybe when I get some time I'll add the Kaiyodo and Furuta figures, unless someone else posts them first!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

AcroSauroTaurus

My Pachycephalosaurs (oddly all of them are Pachycephalosaurus)

Figures:
TLW small Pachycephalosaurus
Safari Pachycephalosaurus (retired)
JW Pachycephalosaurus (retired)
JW all three mini Pachys (retired)
TLW Pachycephalosaurus ornament/bottle top/ thing (retired)
Safari young Pachycephalosaurus (Dracorex)
I am the Dinosaur King!

BlueKrono

My bone heads:

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Halichoeres

A few to add:

One of the many Stygimoloch figures released as a result of its appearance in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, the Takara Tomy Ania version

And another one

And finally, from the 90s, a minuscule Stegoceras from Ideal's Transmutazors line:

Maybe somebody else can add some of the Mattel versions of Stygimoloch!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Halichoeres

Mofun Toys Stygimoloch:

As I noted in my collection thread, Mofun's other products are all bootlegs. If this is also a bootleg, I'd like to know what the original looked like!

PhilSauria

I've noticed that a small percentage of Chinasaurs seem to be originals and this looks like one of them - I can't recall any other figures that this could be based off. I also have this one and try to buy any that look like originals, having about half a dozen or so now (group pic on my collection thread a page or so back from the latest posts).

Pays to keep an eye on Ali Express for these, with 'newest' as the search criteria.

Halichoeres

Shonisaurus

I can affirm that Safari pachycephalosaurus is perhaps by far the best marginocephalus made to date with abyssal difference.

frank08

Here is my full Pachycephalosaur collection.
Top Row: the first 2 are chinasaurs I found at a flea market. The other 3 are Mattel ones.
Middle Row: The 4 ones on the left side are Mattel Stygimoloch (how did I get so many?) The 2 on the right are Mattel's Dracorex (I don't have the Safari ones but that might change soon)
Bottom Row: Green one on the left is the possibly Toyway Homalocephale. I got it when I was little so I don't know where to direct you. Next is Safari's toob Pachycephalosaurus, Mattel mini Stygimoloch, and Safari's Dracorex skull.
"How many kinds of dinosaurs would it take to keep a giant carnivore (Tyrannosaurus) well fed? Just about all of them, Torosaurus meat is one of T. rex's personal favorites"- Ben Stiller Prehistoric Planet

And check my art here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8741.msg259622#new

Here is my collection: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8763.msg260287#msg260287

And here are my favorite figures: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8756.0

Halichoeres

Nice assortment. I've seen that figure on the left sold as a Saurolophus as well; it's just crude enough that it can be all ornithischians to all people...

suspsy

Tsukuda Hobby Collection Pachycephalosaurus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

LEGO Jurassic World Stygimoloch.

suspsy

Chap Mei Electronic Pachycephalosaurus.

Halichoeres

postsaurischian

BLACKHORSE Studio 1:20 pair of Stygimoloch

Halichoeres

Shonisaurus

The pair of stygimoloch is very well achieved, by the way those arrowheads that I see in the diorama are prehistoric plants or is it a fantastic decoration ?, I am intrigued.

ceratopsian

The Blackhorse pair is amazing. Wish I hadn't passed on this now!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: