News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo New for 2017

Started by Takama, November 04, 2016, 08:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

I'd be curious to see repainted versions of the Stegosaurus and the Ankylosaurus, although the Triceratops still deserves it the most.

Also, I hope Papo doesn't trot out a fourth version of either T. rex. Those have been done enough.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

sauroid

they should make updated (feathered) versions of their two T. rexes instead.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

suspsy

Quote from: sauroid on November 12, 2016, 01:55:37 PM

Nah, if they're gonna do a feathered T. rex, it needs to be a completely new mould.

DinoLord

Quote from: suspsy on November 12, 2016, 02:06:09 PM
Quote from: sauroid on November 12, 2016, 01:55:37 PM

Nah, if they're gonna do a feathered T. rex, it needs to be a completely new mould.

I agree. Preferably one that's not a V. rex from King Kong...

sauroid

thats what i actually meant. they need to make new feathered rexes. *sorry sleepy*
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: sauroid on November 12, 2016, 02:44:32 PM
thats what i actually meant. they need to make new feathered rexes. *sorry sleepy*

With the feathered Collecta Tyrannosaurus and the new one from Safari, I think feathered rexes are becoming the standard. I'm sure that in time, Papo will release a feathered rex. They already did a feathered Velociraptor and it's great, so I know they can do it.

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Gwangi on November 11, 2016, 11:22:11 PM
Quote from: imnewhere on November 11, 2016, 08:31:19 PM
Quote from: suspsy on November 11, 2016, 01:47:15 PM
Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on November 11, 2016, 06:39:35 AM
There's one Papo repaint I'd love to see, and that's Triceratops. I think it'd be a great figure if it were more colorful, instead of the rather ugly brown it is now.

Same here. I've been advocating for a repainted Triceratops for months now.

I get why some people don't like repaints, but it's not like they're taking the place of new toys. Papo's annual prehistoric assortments have always consisted of only 2-3 figures, with or without repaints. If you don't like them, just don't buy them.

I think the people who don't like them are the people that try to have their collection 100% complete (such as myself).... At first I was ok with it but I own like 4 different color versions of the same raptor sculpt and living in america it can be a little pricy to get the exclusives like the rainbow rex... I still haven't gotten the new ovi raptor because of this reason and over time yeah these repaints have been a little annoying especially when they don't even look that good.

You could just not buy them. I really don't understand the completest mentality, especially in regards to re-paints or stuff the collector doesn't even like. But hey, it's your money, buy what you don't want.  ;)

I have that mentality because as a little kid when ever I would get a new papo I remember being so happy especially when I had all of them. Having that feeling live on from back then to now is important to me

Saurox

I really lime the look of it. I know a lot of people are unsure of the less earthy colour scheme (incidentally people have criticised papo for not utilising a broader colour pallet), but it looks at least as detailed as the ankylosaurus model to me.

Sigmasaurus

The Polocanthus looks awesome! Can't wait to see the Acro and the Iguanodon!
Here is my prediction of what they should look like...

suspsy

I hope the Acrocanthosaurus isn't super huge (and therefore super expensive) like the Baryonyx.

Saurox

I hope the Acro isn't orange and black like Rebors.

Megalosaurus

I don't rally need an Acro a la Papo because I'm satisfied with the Rebor one.
I wish Papo makes a Diabloceratops, I'm not pleased with the CollectA nor the Safari ones (the kaiyodo one is nice but very small).
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

suspsy

Any ceratopsian would be a welcome addition to the Papo line.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: masakira on November 15, 2016, 12:14:14 AM
Agreed.  I want plenty of variety in my Acros.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

empire3569

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on November 15, 2016, 01:55:34 AM

I'm hoping it WILL be black and orange like Rebor's since I plan to pair them together. Or a color scheme that looks like a plausible sexual dimorphism type thing. That way it saves me a custom paint scheme :D

CarnegieCollector

I hope the papo Acrocanthosaurus will be hot pink with neon green splotches, a baby blue stomach, and red eyes. Oh, and matalic silver highlights.  ^-^
Is there an alternate universe in which dinosaurs collect figures of people?

AcroSauroTaurus

I hope its not the colors I have planned for the Acro in my figure line...  Although, its a Papo Acrocanthosaurus, I don't care what colors it is as long as it looks good!
I am the Dinosaur King!

Albertosaurus

I hope that the new Iguanodon and Acro are not as poorly sculpted as the Polacanthus. I have high hopes since those two I believe that are done by their main sculptor since he confirmed them himself some time ago in an interview. He said nothing about the Polacanthus so I assume that it is not his work...and it shows!
I would love to see a nasutoceratops or diabloceratops or any other ceratopsian that is not a triceratops,made by Papo. It has been a while since their last one.

MLMjp

Quote from: empire3569 on November 15, 2016, 02:46:19 AM
Quote from: Shadowknight1 on November 15, 2016, 01:55:34 AM

I'm hoping it WILL be black and orange like Rebor's since I plan to pair them together. Or a color scheme that looks like a plausible sexual dimorphism type thing. That way it saves me a custom paint scheme :D

Since I have given up on getting the rebor acro, I will love it it´s coloration is similar to the rebor one.That color scheme is just awesome.

triceratops83

Quote from: suspsy on November 15, 2016, 01:04:21 AM
Any ceratopsian would be a welcome addition to the Papo line.

I've had it in my head for ages that Papo could do an excellent Chasmosaurus.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: