News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo New for 2017

Started by Takama, November 04, 2016, 08:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoLord

Has Papo always waited until December to announce new releases? The suspense is hard to bear.

Takama

Quote from: DinoLord on December 01, 2016, 02:04:48 AM
Has Papo always waited until December to announce new releases? The suspense is hard to bear.

Yes the only exceptions would be in 2011 when someone posted the first image of the Papo Running T.Rex in November of that year.

tanystropheus

Quote from: masakira on December 01, 2016, 01:36:13 AM
I wonder what colours the iguanadon and acro will be?
I'm hoping they continue to adapt natural looking paint schemes, maybe a sandy reptilian look for the acro and a vibrant blue and a tan underbelly.  :)

I hope it looks like the Crystal Palace version.

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on December 01, 2016, 02:20:56 AM
I'm hoping they continue to adapt natural looking paint schemes, maybe a sandy reptilian look for the acro and a vibrant blue and a tan underbelly.  :)

I would literally weep with joy.

Saurox

They surely don't gain much of/ if any, advantage by releasing images late.

suspsy

I don't think they lose anything either. People still get very excited regardless. Just look at how much excitement there was over the Feathered Raptor last year.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Mirroraptor

wtf the folds under the neck and tail XD
Forthetimebeing,it's disappoint me.

danmalcolm

Quote from: Takama on December 01, 2016, 02:17:10 AM

Yes the only exceptions would be in 2011 when someone posted the first image of the Papo Running T.Rex in November of that year.

Last year the catalog photos were on this site by October. I hope the late reveal doesn't indicate a late release of the actual figures. Would be nice to have my hands on an Iguanodon by March :)

Albertosaurus

Quote from: Mirroraptor on December 02, 2016, 02:54:01 AM

It looks absolutely terrible...Let's just hope that the other ones are what Papo uses to deliver and not this poor amateur sculpt...

Derek.McManus

The Crystal palace Iguanadon is very cool in a retro way!

MLMjp

Quote from: Derek.McManus on December 02, 2016, 05:42:47 PM

The Crystal palace Iguanadon is very cool in a retro way!

Please no. :-\

Let it be a modern depiction.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'd rather like to see an entire line of 1/40 or so scaled Crystal Palace creatures.

terrorchicken

it will look like Aladar. You know it.  O:-)

Concavenator

CityRaptor

I dunno. Papo only ever bases one figure on Disneysaur, the Pachyrhinosaurus. Some also claim that about the Brachio, but that is mostly JP inspired. Schleich meanwhile has both a Carnotaurus and a Styracosaurus based on it. ( And sadly not on one of the good ones )
Anyways, if they Papo made an Iguanodon based on Disneysaur, I figure it would be rather Kron or Bruton. Aladar would probably be the Schleich Version...indeed their old ones looks bit like Aladar:
http://dinotoyblog.com/2009/08/14/iguanodon-replica-saurus-by-schleich/ 

Quote from: Albertosaurus on December 02, 2016, 09:02:26 AM
Quote from: Mirroraptor on December 02, 2016, 02:54:01 AM

It looks absolutely terrible...Let's just hope that the other ones are what Papo uses to deliver and not this poor amateur sculpt...

Yes, yes, we get it.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Saurox

Quote from: terrorchicken on December 02, 2016, 07:46:21 PM
it will look like Aladar. You know it.  O:-)

I wouldn't mind, but at the same time the barrage of anti-pop-culture-Dino-brigade would go into over drive  ::)

CityRaptor

Well, Aladar has some clear flaws. Like the face of a horse. How about the earlier version designed by William Stout?
http://isla--nublar.tumblr.com/post/117661781259/william-stouts-character-sheets-for-dinosaur
Oh no

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: CityRaptor on December 02, 2016, 08:32:37 PM
Well, Aladar has some clear flaws. Like the face of a horse. How about the earlier version designed by William Stout?
http://isla--nublar.tumblr.com/post/117661781259/william-stouts-character-sheets-for-dinosaur

Aw, man! If they had gone the traditional animation route and used Stout's style instead of making the movie one big flawed CGI tech demo, we might've gotten a movie that was interesting past the first 10 minutes!

CityRaptor

I think being CGI is the least of that movie's problems. And Pixarsaur just shows that Disney has learned nothing from it. 
Oh no

danmalcolm

It would be pretty sweet to open this thread to an announcement sometime! Everytime I check I'm thinking "ok this is it", it's almost always a disappointment.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: